iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Meet the pros

Started by Ron Wenrich, June 28, 2008, 11:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Beauchamp

Thanks, Ron...figured that's all it was. :) I enjoy helping, and learning from,  the people on this site...great resource for all.

Quote from: Ron Wenrich on December 24, 2009, 05:49:24 AM
Done.  Something that we overlooked. 

Stephen Alford

Hey Ron, Brian makes asking look easy, if you had another "Forester designation" it would be appreciated. Thank-you Stephen.
logon

Pullinchips

Hey Guys i havent been here in a while, bought a house out of forclosure and been remodeling at my own pace so that takes a lot of time up.  I don't have as much exp as you other guys and work for the feds so my exp is limited to the public sector.

I am a graduate of clemson university 04' and then went to work for the Army and then left after a little over a year to go get my MFR (masters of forest resources) 06'.  While still in school i was hired by the Army Corps of Engineers as an assistant forester.  I now manage the sales program for Military bases and the Civil Project lands in the Savannah District.  Been here for the last 3 years, so if you dont count school (graduate yrs) i have 4 yrs.

My expertise would be in the timber sale area on the selling side, i do a little management but just enough to make me thirst for more.

-Nate
Resident Forester
US Army Corps of Engineers: Savannah District

Clemson Forestry Grad 2004
MFR Clemson University 2006
Stihl MS 390

WDH

Nate,

Good to see you back in the sadddle  ;D.  I do a lot of work with the Corps of Engineers on Wetlands Mitigation Banking.  They can be tough to work with and slow  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Pullinchips

agreed, i try not to be that way with my loggers and buyers i try to make things as fluent as possible.  It's even slow for me try and get paperwork through at the holidays :o
Resident Forester

Stihl MS 390

Pullinchips

i think i meant fluid?  ???
Resident Forester

Stihl MS 390

WDH

When working with Engineers, fluent is good too   :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

MFinity

I like that spiffy Forester tag you guys are wearing.  ;D How can a guy get one?   

Samuel

Quote from: WDH on February 17, 2010, 09:59:44 AM
Wetlands Mitigation Banking

I would like to discuss this with you one day soon.  Can I send you an email?
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Is there anyone on this site from South Carolina? Thanks.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Pullinchips

Checking in again. Been busy in life and posting on other forums, mainly Tractorbynet.com I want to make an effort to get back to the first forums i used, which was this on and Iboats was not far behind.
Resident Forester

Stihl MS 390

Pullinchips

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 02, 2011, 08:53:08 AM
Is there anyone on this site from South Carolina? Thanks.

Yep, i am. Look at the tags on the names and most of us list our home. I live in SC born and raised. I have a farm in lancaster County. 130 acres mostly timber.
Resident Forester

Stihl MS 390

SwampDonkey

Well stick around Nate. We appreciate lots of different perspectives out there. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

TMinus

BSc Forestry UNB 2011.

Glad to see some UNB and MCFT (MFRS) folk here

Area of Expertise: Urban forestry, I paid my way through school swinging around the trees with a chainsaw as a climber.

Years of experience: Working on this one... I will need some time.

Someone had mentioned it being a small world, well, I think I have the best one.  WAPman, your son was my roommate for our last year of school.

SUNYESF

Russell

Degree:   A.A.S. Forest Technology from the Ranger School, Wanakena, NY
               B.S. Forest Resource Management SUNY-ESF, Syracuse, NY

Years of experience: get back to me in 30 years...

Areas of expertise: County/Private Forester. As I've no forest tech, I do it all. Cruising (using statistics to guide), marking, managing sales, private management plans, water/soil resources (stream bank erosion, etc), invasive pests(mostly insects), wildlife.

Always willing and able to learn more. Current goals include real estate salesperson license, better handle on appraising, more experience with sugarbush management, and any other form of training that will be professionally or personally useful/satisfying.

customsawyer

I was just reading through this thread and there is very impressive amount of knowledge and experience on here. If a person gets on this forum and can't find the answers to their questions they might need to open their ears and mind a bit more.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Holmes

I found this thread to be very interesting AND entertaining. Your knowledge has been helpful to many.  Holmes
Think like a farmer.

KBforester

Degree: BS in Forest Management, University of Maine, Orono

Years of experience:5

Areas of expertise:Large land holdings, FSC certified Forest Management, community forest management.

Worked in Northern NY for a couple of years, then moved to Eastern Maine where I work for the Downeast Lakes Land Trust and GLS woodlands totaling 55,000 acres.
Trees are good.

grweldon

Quote from: WDH on July 02, 2008, 11:12:19 PM
Quote from: Phorester on July 02, 2008, 01:06:48 PM

Play a mean bluegrass guitar. 

OK Phorester!  I play the bass fiddle.  Maybe one day we can hook up and play a tune in the forest around a fire (campfire).  We could draw from the food thread and cook up something at the same time ;D

Resurrection of an old thread... I know... I have no forestry credentials at all, but I've also been known to pluck a guitar string or two... I'll bring my guitar to the next gathering that I can attend!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

WDH

SwampDonkey

My father hasn't played the fiddle in years and only when we were little tikes and didn't know what good fiddle playing was. :D ;)

My father's favorite player was Don Messer, who had a show on CBC TV but was also a NB'er.

Now that Ashely feller from NS is not even considered a fiddle player by someone like father. He's too wild and reckless with a fiddle. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

OlympicYJ

New to the forum.

Wes Vestal

Montesano, WA

AA &AAS - Natural Resources Forest Technician (Grays Harbor College)

Working on B.S. in Forest Management with Operations Minor (Unversity of Idaho)

3 Internships with private industry: Forestry Intern, Operations Intern, Forestry Intern again, and some time with a private contractor during tech school.

Experience with Regen Surveys, inventory, Pre-PCT audits, road side spray projects, Cedar salvage: layout & compliance, and log quality & logging compliance. Various other silviculture and operations projects.

I grew up at the base of the Olympic mountains and am currently working on converting my dads place to designated forestland and aforestation of the hay fields. Half the place is already in timber. A Red alder stand and a younger Doug fir stand with some big punkins intermixed.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Wes, and I wish you the best on your continual forestry studies.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

OlympicYJ,welcome to the forum. How many acres you playing on?  ;D It's great to do something like what you are doing with the land. How many years left of college?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

OlympicYJ

Thanks for the welcom guys. Sorry for the slow reply back, I've been on break and don't have internet at home... I've got a year and semester; graduate Fall of 14. Well I'm playin on an 80 but only about another 20 is going into timber. Planing on som Cedar, more Alder, and some more Fir. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and new year.

Thank You Sponsors!