iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

All I have is zero. Suppose to be that way for 2 more days,than a little bit warmer.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

We have -10° and very clear skies right now, but at 6:00AM we had -14°.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

we have 0 with clear skies  8)    last night was brutal with the winds

Ox

Chuck - big difference up there in the North country compared to down here.  It didn't get below zero last night, but was almost there.  We're supposed to receive all the cold and wind as well.  High of 5 and low down to -20 with windchills well below that.  My poor chickens will be holding their eggs for awhile.  Stay warm up there, bud.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

chevytaHOE5674

Below zero temps with 40+ mph winds and more snow. Not much fun being outside on a day like today.

pep

-30 C going down to -34C. Coldest weekend of the year so far.
Stay warm my friends.
Cheers
Pep
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

thecfarm

I don't know if it got up to 20° at high noon,but it did warm up alot. The temps has been dropping since the sun went down.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

I have 1° again this morning. The wind is suppose to start sometime.

Bricklayer51

Cold -10 this morning still going to head out for a gun show in town.

isawlogs

http://www.meteomedia.com/meteo/canada/quebec/chelsea?wx_auto_reload=forecasts:%20city%20page:%20auto%20refresh

-30°C     -44°C with wind chill..... smiley_sun smiley_sun.

I think I will go put a log in the fire box!   fire_smiley
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

drobertson

Not a bad morning, bout 20° light wind, the colder stuff coming later this evening and tomorrow, with some possible winter precip.  I bet lots of logs are going in the fire boxes this week end,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

r.man

-33 C or -27 F here this morning, probably going to be the coldest day of this year which has been quite mild. Had a balaclava on with the regular toque on top and I was still uncomfortable in the wind.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Chuck White

At 7:00 this morning we had -14°F and through the night we got about 8" of fluffy snow!   8)

Driveway's all cleaned out!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

21incher

We are sitting at -1 with a 30 MPH wind and lake snow right now. I thought I would make it through the winter with no oil use this year, but the furnace kicked on for the first time this winter last night.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

snowstorm

snowing hard here 14 degrees. kind of an odd storm. a nordlan trough coming in off the north Atlantic. the weather service says 12" or more on the islands. here 10 miles inland as much as 10"

thecfarm

I'm along ways inland. No snow here. The way that wind is blowing here,that is a good thing. I have 4 above.

Buckshot00

25 here right now which is cold for coastal NC.

olewally

-10F up here in the foothills of the Adirondacks right now. I have no idea why I still live up here.  ::)
I either have to many chainsaws or not enough room. ::)

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, olewally.

Where abouts are you located, in the ADIRONDACKS!

I'm in the Northern Foothills of the adirondacks!

thecfarm

A deep freeze tonight,I have -6 as I post this and Tuesday we have rain coming in.
I went out to feed the OWB and not much wind. There was more during late afternoon than now. Every weather person was saying windchill,windchill, maybe it's coming,maybe it's not.

chevytaHOE5674

-12° here with crystal clear skies and very still. Going to be a cold night.

thecfarm

I have -10 and 6-7 deer out back.
And a dusting of snow.

Chuck White

BRRRRRRR!   Now it's cold!

At 7:00 (just a few minutes ago) all 3 thermometers were reading -35°F.

That's a lot colder here than it's been in quite a few years!

Reminds me of back when I was a kid, it got to -40° a lot during February.

olewally

Quote from: Chuck White on February 13, 2016, 08:57:23 PM
Welcome to the Forestry Forum, olewally.

Where abouts are you located, in the ADIRONDACKS!

I'm in the Northern Foothills of the adirondacks!
Thank you for welcoming me to the forum, chuck. I'm in the southern foothills, about 4 miles from the Vermont border, in Washington county. It's -17 right now and I'm getting to old for this stuff.  :-\
I either have to many chainsaws or not enough room. ::)

thecfarm

You guys in NY keep warm.  ;D  I think up by the border in ME things was suppose to get cold.
swampdonkey usually post about temps,he might be froze in up there.  :(
Brought out some bird seed for the birds and filled the suet feeder too. Those guys are busy out there.

Thank You Sponsors!