iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olewally

We hit 54 about an hour ago with heavy wind gusts and the rain has stopped for now. Huge change from this past weekend. The snow's just about all gone.
I either have to many chainsaws or not enough room. ::)

SwampDonkey

I assume you had not much snow. 12" of layered snow would take days to melt here even at 50 degrees.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Deese

Snow? What's that?  ;D
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

curdog

This morning everything was covered in ice, this afternoon. .. tshirt, riding with the windows down and 60

olewally

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 16, 2016, 02:56:05 PM
I assume you had not much snow. 12" of layered snow would take days to melt here even at 50 degrees.  ;D
We only had a couple inches of snow, so you are absolutely right.  ;)

Chuck White

Switched over to snow about 2:30 and still coming down heavy!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Some places down your way have 2 feet fresh stuff.

Just wind and very mild up here tonight, 50F now. I see lawn again.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

The snow (deep stuff) is down near I-90.

Seems the lake effect snow kind of veers off to the South of Watertown and heads East!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

21incher

We got12 inches of extremely wet heavy snow. It was raining real hard for some time at 6 inches. I have never moved any snow this heavy before. Just west of us they got 20 inches.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

thecfarm

Rain wind,rain wind,rain wind,rain wind. Did I mention rain and wind??  Both hard and at 48°.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Lawn is pretty bare again, wind in NW now and cooling off. Stars are out.  ;D

Deese

48° and no wind. Beautiful day. High of 72° and 73° for Saturday and Sunday with clear skies. I am ready for it  8)
Cooks AE4P Edger

mesquite buckeye

More record breaking heat.  :-\ 90 today, then cooling down to the perfect 80's for the next week or so.  ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: Chance of 3 drops of rain on Friday.  :'(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

olewally

Quote from: Deese on February 17, 2016, 10:29:48 AM
48° and no wind. Beautiful day. High of 72° and 73° for Saturday and Sunday with clear skies. I am ready for it  8)
I'm ready too. Ship some of that weather north.  ;D  We should get above the freezing point today, but that's about it. the snow's just about all gone here and It's been a mild winter overall, so I can't complain to much.   :-\

Deese

I am definitely ready for SPRING  8)
Cooks AE4P Edger

SwampDonkey

Got to 38F yesterday in the sunshine and it's 25F here now before daylight and climbing. Sun forecast for the day.  8)

chevytaHOE5674

Was down to -3° when I went to bed last night now it warmed up to 13°. Supposed to get up near 40° the next few days with some rain and maybe ice.

thecfarm

26°. I put some ashes on the skating rink driveway yesterday morning. Came home and most of the ice is gone. I can see bare ground on the field on the ridge. I have places of bare ground in my fields. That is odd for this time of year. I could drive my car though the fields.
I know back in the mid 80's we did not have much snow and can remember a time it was almost the same way,but it was cold winter. This year has been warm,so far.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

curdog

27 this morning heading to mid 50s. But after today it won't reach freezing for another week and should really warm up this weekend.

Deese

49° at the moment. High of 68° today with clear blue sky  8)
Cooks AE4P Edger

olewally

It's only 19* up here, but plenty of sunshine, unlike yesterday. Headed out to go buck up some logs and dial in a couple chainsaws.   8)

mesquite buckeye

92 yesterday breaking the record by quite a few. Nice 80's today with high clouds. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Another beautiful mid winter day.  ;D

thecfarm

Much bare ground at this time of year. I have maybe a few inches,but enough to keep the ground white with a few bare spots here and there.

beenthere

SD
Are those pics of your house? and/or view?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!