iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andries

Goose63,
Have you got the same weather system us Canuks are enjoying at the 'mo?
Minus 20 F tonight, wind chill factor of minus 40 degrees?
Crisp out, eh?
;D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

sawguy21

You wanna keep that on your side of the rocks! Sheesh, it's -20 here with no wind. Even the dog won't go outside. I spent many years in Alberta and central B.C. where it is normal but I'm too old for this now. :-\
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

gspren

We are having our first ice storm of the year, not a really bad one but lots of small branches are breaking and there will be branches that sag and not return the whole way so I'll have plenty to do next week. It's to warm up over night so tomorrow I'll survey my woods roads.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

sandsawmill14

mid 70s here right now with a tornado watch ahead of this cold front with an ice storm predicted for tonight into tomorrow morning :o  temps falling 60+ degrees in 24hrs :o with wind chills expected between +5 to -5 by monday morning  :o   gotta love this tn weather ::)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

thecfarm

We might of got 6 inches of snow. Warm now.12 above.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

5" of snow 18° clear skies. :christmas:
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

caveman

Mid 80's here.  May rain tomorrow and Monday.  Running the AC tonight.
Caveman

sawguy21

Thanks, I really needed to hear that.

sandsawmill14

well the worst of the storms have past  8) ( i think ) temp was 73 at 10:20 pm now at 10:50 pm 30 min later the temp is 48  25 degrees in in 30 min :o  the strongest front i can remember was several years ago and the temp dropped 32 degrees in 1 hour  :o but its still raining with some thunder so i think this one may be the new biggest drop i can remember but will have to wait till 11:20 to find out :D

sandsawmill14

update at 11:20 pm the temp was 40 degrees so it beat the other front by 1 degree :) so this is now the strongest i can remember  i think i may have problems ??? setting up to watch the temp fall instead of being in bed and even worse posting updates about it :o ;D :D :D :D  smiley_dizzy ::)

Bill Gaiche

10 degrees here with a dusting of snow. bg

thecfarm

A light rain here now. Suppose to get up to maybe 40 this afternoon than it goes the other way when it gets dark. When it gets light again it will be in the singles numbers.  :o
I made sure the doors opened to the car and truck. And I will do tonight too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dgdrls

lake effect snow fun here in central NY.  picked up another 6" Friday night moved all that yesterday. last night it warmed up with  rain, seeing lots but not all grass now :/   Now temps are dropping ice/snow on the way

rjwoelk

Left winnipeg 15 belowd4ove all day thursday better part of friday down to tulsa ok 45 50 talked to fellow that had the vibration he was so cold, he had just come from Brownsville tx 80 .
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

curdog

61 and drizzling rain this morning. The temps should slowly fall through the day,but not too much. Kinda strange last night, it was 47 when we left to eat,and it was 12 degrees warmer in the next town west, which is higher elevation.  They are always 5-8 degrees cooler than us. I guess the cold air was getting pushed against the side of the mountains and was trapped.

Gearbox

- 36 f here this morning swamp roads will be frozen enough to hold a service truck .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

thecfarm

The rain stopped,driveway is all cleared,ashes are down. The wind is blowing. Was a nice warm day,now for the cool down.

caveman

Warm here.  Saw some lightning to the SE but too far away to hear thunder tonight.  I am either going to have to sell my snowman or repair it.

I took the picture of the thermometer around 4 p.m. today.
Caveman

Bill Saf

right now 0 with -2wc should be -4 with -12wc tonight

sawguy21

??? 6C at 8 pm, this is bizarre after last week

thecfarm

Heat wave here at 20°.

Jim_Rogers

Raining here today.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

sawguy21

I plowed snow yesterday afternoon and again this morning. Haven't had this much fun since the pigs ate my little brother

thecfarm

No 50° temp like last year for Christmas. Wind is really blowing out there.

WDH

48 degrees in Duluth, GA
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!