iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curdog

60 and kinda overcast....been a good day for tree planting. We're going to complete close to 100 acres by the end of the day.

SwampDonkey

Saw two places they were feeding the wild turkeys on one of our 'rides around the block'.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I have 2 above this morning.
Birds as in chickadees,nuthatches,fitches,woodpeckers,the non game ones.  ;D
I do feed the deer and the turkeys are cleaning up what the deer left behind.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

reedco

LOTS of wind all night, must be bringing a change in the weather.
Not many trees

sandhills

Same here, and supposed to get worse this afternoon, 50-60 mph they say which wind is one thing they never seem to get wrong  :(.  On the bright side at least it's warm.

thecfarm

34° and a light rain.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

WIND is gusting to 65 mph my house is shakeing
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

Wind driven rain here.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

curdog

60 and a little rain right now. Hope we get a bunch more tonight... back to dry and windy the next few days.

goose63

Wind is down to 35 mph and DanG cold
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

Rained here all day, seems to be clearing in the west, blue sky before dark.  ;D

First robins arrived today.

sprucebunny

Does anyone else depend on the National Weather Service for a good weather report ?
The wind woke me up this morning. The house was shaking. My anemometer shows a gust of 88 mph !!!! Guess I don't really trust that.....

But when I went to look at my NWS page, they have already 'sprung ahead' which most of us won't do untill Sunday ::)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Woodcutter_Mo

Today it got to around 80°F, this afternoon we caught just the southern edge or a prety good hail storm. I seen the sky turning gray while I was out on the tractor pushing brush so I decided to get on back to the house, and glad I did!

There may have been bigger pieces than this but I figured I better not stray out in the yard to far incase there was going to be a 2nd round  :D
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

curdog

Today was knocking around 80, dry and a little breezy. Spent the afternoon chasing fires up the hill. The forecast is calling for a inch of snow possibly on Saturday night and Sunday morning.....I'll believe it when I see it.

thecfarm

Yes,the wind!! Last night I heard something and thought it was the cat and or dog. Heard something again and opened the door. The wind again. Or should I say still. Mid 30's all day. Wind is still blowing but has slowed down alot.

SwampDonkey

Well, after 2 days of mild in the 30's-40's, we are going back to the deep freeze. The wind yesterday would blow Kansas off the map. ;D I have not looked at the thermometer yet, but I know it is cold out there. As long as it's out there. :D

curdog

Got woke up by a thunderstorm this morning. Hope we get a good bit of rain,but doesn't look like it's going to amount to much. Had to open the windows to cool the house off,and still got them open this morning. Mid 50s at a little before 5...

DelawhereJoe

71° yesterday....and snowing today....Mother Nature needs to cut down on her drinking.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Bandmill Bandit

- 20* C wind chill is -28* C  Its *DanG cold for march!
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

sawguy21

We won't be coming to visit then. It's snowing here, this is getting old.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Den Socling

We have seen the 60's recently but look at the front yard this morning.

Bandmill Bandit

got about 6" of snow in the last week and apparently we are in for another 10" to 12" today and more through the week end. About 30 miles south they already got about 8 to 10 inches this morning and it is headed this way. Snowing pretty good already.

Suposed to be -38*C tonight. 
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

SwampDonkey

20's and sunny here.  :)

Den Socling

Yikes -38'C is about -36'F. I never ever want to find out what that feels like.

jrose1970

I was about to brag that it was going to be 19° F here Tuesday.  :D 8)
HFE-36; International 424-37HP; McCullogh Pro 10-10

Thank You Sponsors!