Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Unusually hot and unusually dry for hurricane season.  :-X
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Only 90° day of 2017 and it comes at the end of September for us... Not dry at all though had thunder storms rolls through steady for the last 3 or 4 days, dropping a few more inches of rain.

More summer in September than the rest of the "summer" that's for sure.

SwampDonkey

Yep, 92 here, dry as all get out.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

goose63

87 here yesterday 52 today winter is on the way  :o
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

No, our forecast up here is for several days of hot. The air conditioning was on again, and will be until Wednesday probably, but when the sun goes down we don't need it after 8 pm.

thecfarm

Next couple days,low-mid 80's.   :o  But I thought I saw around Wed was a cool down,low 70's.  ;D  Kinda odd for a warm/hot spell for so long. Yes,maybe 3-4 days,but not more than a week and that is steady warmth too. We could use some rain before the glaciers start to form. I am about 3 feet from a opened window and I can't even tell. Most times at this time of night the air would have some coolness to it. 66°
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Another day close to 90°, but starting Tuesday highs in the 50's and lows in the 40's with rain off and on most of the week. A/C on Monday and wood fire Tuesday.

thecfarm

Car thermometer read 92°  :o . But that was only for a few minutes. Stayed a steady 90° just about for an hour. No idea if that is accurate or not. But I do know it was hot. Still watering.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Yep, was 92 here in the afternoon yesterday and 64 now at 5:30 am. Nice day to move furniture. ;D

Ljohnsaw

We are in our Fall pattern now - low to mid-90s during the day, mid to upper-50s overnight.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

94 today, suppose to hit over 100 tomorrow.  Warm for moving furniture, but nice in air conditioned house. :-X

chevytaHOE5674

Fall has made a return after our "summer". 65° today with a cool breeze off the big lake and leaves falling.

Darrel

32 this morning and 65 at 4 pm.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Mooseherder

They said it felt like 106 today. I believed them. smiley_deadheader_ride_alligat

red

Just a few more Dog Days of September  ?
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

thecfarm

Another hot day yesterday.
67° now. I think the heat is on a down hill slide now. Might see some 40's at night next week.
Still no frost in sight.

grouch

Very hot yesterday and will be today, too. Helping a neighbor who's trying to get in his silage before the rain that's predicted for Thursday. Worked about 11 hours in dust and heat, but nothing like what the guys on the tractors dealt with. Sun feels like the middle of a normal summer.
Find something to do that interests you.

chevytaHOE5674

57° today with on and off rain and drizzle all day, no sun what so ever; had to have the headlights on all day. Had to break out the flannel shirt for outdoor projects today.

thecfarm

65° here at a little bit past 6:15 in the morning. Foggy again this morning.Another hot day yesterday.

Darrel

32° F, 0° C. Makes the Coffee even better! 8)
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

SwampDonkey

Well we missed the rain, but there was a fog until mid afternoon. Sun is out now, in the 70's and on the muggy side still.

rjwoelk

The last week has been cool oveŕcast. Lows in the 31 twice just a tinge of frost on the windshield only. It is nice today shirt sleeve weather.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

grouch

I think it was mid-80s F for the high today. Not sure -- spent the day in my neighbor's big garage, working on the silage chopper. Had a breakdown late yesterday with almost 1 day left in the field. He's not worried, so I'm not. Should be mid-70s tomorrow, if the weather guessers are right.

Picture perfect blue sky and fluffy clouds.
Find something to do that interests you.

SwampDonkey

Rain finally arrived before dark and has rained since with some lightning mixed in for good measure.  ;D

thecfarm

Lucky you on the rain. We could use some.
70° here.

Thank You Sponsors!