iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Its been about 4 days of downpours here then a "tornadic thunderstorm" last night.  Basically a moving crazy thunderstorm with a very calm eye then a crazy follow up.  Lost power for a while, looks okay in my yard but ill bet within a few miles theres a patch of microburst destruction ruining someones day.
Praise The Lord

Hilltop366

Much needed rain here, it has been a very dry summer with many dry wells and the forest fire index has been high for a while.

Lit the wood boiler for the first time last night since spring and put some heat in the floor, should be good for a three or four days depending if the sun comes out or not.

thecfarm

We got some more rain in the night. Which is good,we need it. Kinda sticky out. It is Sept 26th??   74°
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lxskllr

85 and close to 100% humidity  D^:

Did the job I should have gotten done yesterday, but it was harder cause other people were there working. Went to another job with boss, and on the way back picked up stakes from one of our clients that sells wood products. I don't think he really sells stakes, and he has a bunch in a garage that might as well not have a roof for all the water that comes in. The stakes were SOAKING wet. So much so water ran out from between them when you picked up a bundle. They had various molds, and some were sprouting mushrooms  :^D  My boss didn't want to take them cause he doesn't have any sense. I think they'll dry out /ok/. Not first rate, but good enough for the task. I split up the bundles at the shop to get more air circulation.

I REALLY hate seeing that good wood go to waste. I'm tempted to empty the bed of the truck, and make a few runs to clean out the guy's garage before everything gets ruined. A bunch of rotten wood doesn't do anybody any good. It's just a waste of time and good material.

edit:
Got special treat going on now. Thunder storms! I'm so happy. I'd hate to 24 hours without any rain  :^|

Darrel

33° F this morning and 90° this afternoon. That's a 57° spread between low and high. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

thecfarm

52° here now. About 9 last night we had a shower. Got some rain from that one!!! I think the fall temps are coming back.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

I thought I needed a sweat shirt tonight. I peeled that thing off when I got working. I go out after dark,gets dark here now before 7,and pick up firewood in the woods. Cut off a few high stumps the logger left.
Still no frost here. :o

chevytaHOE5674

Cold and rainy UP here recently. High temps have been in the 40s lows in the 30s, a few frosts, some light snow the other night. Seems like its rained everyday for probably 2 weeks now, not much everytime but enough to make it nasty out. It'll be sunny one minute then clouds roll in and a quarter inch of rain will fall then back to sun within an hour, sometimes doing this 3 or 4 times a day. 

Been very windy also, the other day I was at the lake when 12 foot waves were crashing on the rocks and boy was it crazy. The spray was hitting me 40+ feet back from shore.

SwampDonkey

We had killing frost here this week, two mornings in the upper 20's, that'll do it. :D But it has been in the 60's, I think Wednesday it was in the low 70's when it rained. I got the firewood mostly all in, waiting for a load of maple to arrive and store in the house. I'll have 8 cord nice and handy to the stove and no snow between me and it. Only way I like it.  ;) :)

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lxskllr

Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 72. North wind around 5 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 59. South wind 3 to 5 mph.
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. South wind 3 to 7 mph.
Monday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 63. South wind around 7 mph.
Tuesday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. Southwest wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tuesday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 65.
Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.
Friday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Saturday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

NOT FALL! At least it isn't raining. I was starting to worry everything would implode into a muddy hole around around here.

thecfarm

A light rain at 46°. We need the rain. The spring on top of the hill has stopped.

curdog

Mid to upper 60s for lows and mid to upper 80s for highs... and should be dry for a little while as well.....

thecfarm

Stopped raining about an hour after I posted. Tried to rain off and on all day,just enough to keep things wet. Than about 4pm it started in again and still raining at 10 pm. That is good.

Darrel

It started raining at about 10 am while I was sawing.  Just about the time I decided to call it a day, the rain quit so I kept right on sawing. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Sixacresand

Oh my.  It's October.  It's time for the hot weather to go away.  To me, It's a sickening hot, different from what we toughed out in July and August.  I feel for those kids practicing and playing ball.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

thecfarm

Not sickening hot here by a long ways.
But we have had some mid 70's and 80's temps. Which is high for this time of year. Yes,we may get a day or two of high temps,but just about the whole month has been warm,even in the mornings and at night.

chevytaHOE5674

Been in the 40s for the last while now 60 today and back to 40s tmrw with more rain. Had almost triple our average rainfall for the month of September. Sure has been wet.

SwampDonkey

We had 1/10" over night, was cloudy all day, but no rain out in the woods. I think the crew got scared off, no sign of no one else with a saw. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lxskllr

80 and no rain.

Changed the oil in the truck today, and it was a disaster as usual. I'd love to choke the idiot who though a crossbeam was perfect right in front of the drain plug. It's impossible to do a neat job of draining the oil. Add to that, last time it was in the shop, the mechanic took it upon himself to change the oil, even though I didn't mention it. Someone needs to tell him an impact driver isn't necessary for tightening the plug. It doesn't even have to be tight; merely snug. My plug is messed up anyway, and I use vicegrips to take it on and off. He had it so tight the pan was deforming while I tried to loosen the plug. After much sweating and spilled oil, the job's done.

Point? It would have been a lot better if it were fall weather. Getting really tired of summer...

Ljohnsaw

They predicted .1 to .2" of rain today.  Well, it just came down in about 10 minutes!  Big light show to go with it.  And, of course, all my rain gutters overflowed ::)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

WDH

Another 90 degree day here.  Like Sixacre's, I am sick of it.  Just atrocious.  I am so tired of sweating :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

curdog

Yep, we were all over 90 as well today.  But luckily it was dry, hopefully I can finish up spraying this week before it starts raining again... and yeah,  I'm over the heat.... bring on the fall

chevytaHOE5674

2" of rain yesterday and 65mph winds last night. Trees down and wide spread power outages this morning. 

High temps today might get into the 40s, calling for some snow tomorrow. No heat and sweating UP this way until May or June 2019.

Ljohnsaw

Rained off and on through the night and heavy right now.  Weather last night showed they really missed the .1" to .2" mark!  We got about 1" and other areas got more than 2", in about 2 hours!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

curdog

A repeat of yesterday... hot, dry and more kudzu to spray... did I mention hot 

Thank You Sponsors!