iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Same weather as here it seems. It did cool off a couple days in the 70's with a rain (<1") and today it was 80 or a degree or two warmer. It's been a dryer summer than that last 5 or 6 years. But we aren't hurting for water, except the garden could use a shot I suppose.  To here the radio heads talking you'd think it was drought. I was walking in wet moss all day, I don't have the same view. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

It was bad here today,  Real bad.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

What is going on with some of the temps some of you guys have been getting? It's 60 here now at 6am but by high noon with be in the 90's. A cool front for a lot of you. Been cool at night for the last 3-4 nights. Now August is here,probably with get some temps not much differant at high noon or midnight.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

We had a cool front come through last night and we've actually gotten a little rain between Wednesday night and last night, all together about an inch and a half, too little too late for most crops but I'm not giving it back  ;).  I still have a little hope for my beans to make something, they've really been holding on (to what I have no idea).

WDH

92 degrees in Harrison, MI today.  That just ain't right.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

The wet hole is still kinda wet,but after last night it should be real wet. Been on the dry side here. I have not lost much time to showers here. Last night made up for it. I woke up at 5 and it was pouring. Set the alarm for 6 and it was all done than. Wife said it rained hard in the night. Probaly have gravel in the field to clean up from the run off. I have not been out to check on it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

It's gonna be too little too late for too many farmers.  During our Pig Roast trip we saw many fields with 2'-3' tall (short) corn.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

wwsjr

It was HOT in Northeast OK this past weekend. As we worked on the addition at Paul Case's church it was 107* on Friday and 105* on Saturday. Cooled down to 98* on Monday. Humidity was a lower than in MS, but it was hot. I think we drank 10 cases (32 bottles each) of bottled water from Fri to Wed.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

SwampDonkey

As far as I can tell, only about 1/4" in two weeks here. And whatever it was the week before, less than an inch if I recall.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Been raining here since about 8 tonight and still raining. But this a nice slow rain. Last night it must of rained hard from the looks of the field.

thecfarm

It might be done raining. Wife said it rained hard in the night. When I got up it was a slow rain.

Magicman

Maybe this new weather pattern will bring us some relief from the heat.  And to think that it was 55° in Michigan Monday morning.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Was just about the same here in Maine too. We kinda follow MI weather pattern. Winter time too.  ;D Seem like last winter we did not though. MI got alot of snow,we did not.

SwampDonkey

Was talking to a neighbor who farms and he said it has been overcast for days and very little rain while I was gone. Today it is 75 and it feels hotter because the humidity is so high. Was cleaning the house and cooking and the water was running like a sprinkler off my forehead.

SwampDonkey

I know it's only 83 or so, but it's Dang hot. Just ask anyone who lives here. And then ask anyone cutting brush. :D Hot!!  ;D

The guys at work said it's been this hot for 5 weeks. Hot!! I thought I was only gone 2 weeks. ;) Oh, yeah   I remember now......yup hot!. :D

sandhills

Swamp 83 is a cool front, not "hot"  ;D

SwampDonkey

The weather map shows a big chill (below seasonal) for the central part of the continent, but not for up our way. It's in the 50's in the Canadian prairies. ::) It will be cooler here in a few days, but not that cool.

We've had something like 40 days in the 80's so far.

thecfarm

More rain today. My cucumbers plants are starting to rot a little,the string beans too. Have not been seeing much sun and when it is out it's muggy. I picked in the rain yesterday and today.

SwampDonkey

Just about everything burned up here except the cukes, peppers, and squash plants. The tomato plants are all brown, but the fruit is ripening. Lettuce is going bad and the onion tops are dying down. Beans and peas are burnt up and I don't know about the parsnip.  ::) Picking string beans in the rain always caused them to go rusty in the garden. They forecasted 2 days of rain here, but we didn't get a rain, just 1 thunder shower with 0.65" and one mist that didn't wet much.

thecfarm

No bean picking for me. They sure do look big. I probably threw a half pound away a couple days ago too. Just could not pick when they are wet. Looks like more are heading for the compost pile.

thecfarm

Things are starting to happen here now. Days are getting shorter and 52° this morning. These 2 things will slow the garden down. Frost could be only 2 weeks away. But I doubt it,but I would not want to bet my life on it either.  ;D The last few years I have been lucky with the first frost.

SwampDonkey

At 5:00 am here it was 62 F, now at 7:30 am it is 56. Still going to be toasty next week, but not high 80's. Calling for 80 on Monday. I have some pretty good cukes this year. They are over 15" long before I pick'm. ;D

Bandmill Bandit

This is the most AWESOME summer we have had in years!!!
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

submarinesailor

Look out Florida, Georgia and Alabama, here comes ISAAC.  Now maybe some of you will get a little rain to help out.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/090404.shtml?5-daynl?large#contents

Bruce

Magicman

Yup, he is bringing himself together and someone is gonna get some rain/weather.

Thank You Sponsors!