iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

As the days lengthen the cold strengthens.
seen it get cold,than warm than cold many times. Seen it get warm and stay that way too. Seen it get cold and stayed that way too. We will have to see what happens this time.
Wind has died down alot.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

Tied the all time record of 85 yesterday. 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Autocar

Fog with a heavy down pour here, the snow is about all gone except wheres theres drifts. I went and got a coffee early and the creeks are bank full, sure hope it turns off cold !
Bill

thecfarm

Raider Bill,my high was 46 in 2008 and the low was -9 in 2004.
I don't like rain in the winter,but I dislike rain,ice,snow coming down from the sky too. I missed the weather,but I don't think it's going to rain to amount to anything. May rain all day,but only a light rain. Than change over to who knows.Suppose to be dry today,but something coming in the night.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

blackfoot griz

We got about 10 inches of snow yesterday/last evening then it cooled a little more. Current temp= 9 degrees. The ground is still not frozen though.  I peeled off a fair amount of dirt when plowing yesterday evening.

harrymontana

snow? no snow here, still 35Celcius with a 85% humidity so no dry clothes today
Greetings from the Amazon in Bolivia!
everything on hardwood

Ron Scott

Heavy rains today cancelled the red pine timber marking job that we were going to start. Now postponed until Monday. :(
~Ron

Magicman

I am so postponed and backed up, that I will never swim out and another sawjob came in this morning.  I put them all on the list and will saw them as they dry out, which will not necessarily be in the order that they called.  Hopefully I can keep everyone happy.  The list now totals 20.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

83 today looks like more of the same all weekend. We'll be riding with T-shirts 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It is 53 today.....misty, damp, the fog is so thick you can cut it with a blade.

The heck with sawing.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SwampDonkey

Nice bright sun here and like March weather in the 30's. Suppose to go stone cold next week. That'll snub everything up tight. ;D No fire on here all day.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bogue Chitto

20 % chance of rain here today.  Been raining all day.

thecfarm

Was a wet day here,no rain that I'm aware off,but foggy real bad. I did go out once and it was misting out,42 the high.

SwampDonkey

We're getting that fog this morning moving in. Been mild here and no precip. I am not too keen on rain on my path to the shop, I'd have to wear caulk boots.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Thursday, Friday and yesterday morning it was in the low 40's with some off and on rain/drizzle. Through the day yesterday it went from 42 at 6am to 22 at 6pm. Now its snowing to beat the band and they are calling for a foot today and more everyday this week.

thecfarm

Did not drop below freezing last night,real foggy out,again. The firewood last a lot longer in this weather. But all will change in a few days. Stay tuned for winter,it will be right back.   :D

Al_Smith

It hit 63 yesterday evidently from a warm front from out of the gulf area. Some rain but it veered of eastward so not much here.

I never let the fire die out but it's a chore keeping it banked enough to not get the house extremely warm. Which it was rather toasty some of the time.

It's supposed to dip back into the teens the first of the week which is about typical this time of year. The lowest temps  usually is last of Jan ,first two weeks Feb.< punctual punctuation so to speak.

SwampDonkey

Long range says 30's into Tuesday. No fire here all day, a little smudge in the shop to keep the metal warm and no condensation. Working an a tension box. Oh well, you'll find out soon enough. ;)

thecfarm

Made a flying trip to the "Big City" and about a ½ hour from here the fog was gone,sun almost came out,for a minute. Drove back home,right back into the fog.

Autocar

We had a half inch on Friday then last night we had close to two inches water running everywhere. Turning colder with fog now, last night we had sixty plus mile per hour wind around three or three thirty. What ever happened to the winters we had when I was a boy ? January and Febuary use to be clear and colder then H.
Bill

SwampDonkey

As with anyone I have known over the years, they remember the extremes and blank out the rest. :D :D

Chris Burchfield

It's been wet in Memphis for about a week.  Some of the areas up toward the boot heel of Missouri are looking at potential for flash flooding as the storms come through.  We've had an inch of rain in the last 24 hours with temps cooling on down.  It was 69° F. this morning and 38° F this afternoon.  More rain expected Monday and Tuesday.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Magicman

I lit a flicker because the temperature has dropped 15° in the past couple of hours.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

27 above here and they're calling for a bit of freezing rain tonight.  Gotta love it.

SwampDonkey

Nice and cozy. ;D

Trying to keep from melting here with a little warm up fire. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!