iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

94, sunny and breezy. ;D 8) 8) 8)

100 by Thursday. Another week or so and it will be at least 100 most every day until probably mid September. :o :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

Soft rain, :o  It poured here a few times. Back to the soft rain,for now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Nothin here, not even a sprinkle. Only 58, good work'n weather.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

We have a few days of clear weather in the forecast, so it is back to the Cabin I go.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

We're finally getting over the drizzling weather, supposed to be clear for a few days!

This morning at 7:00 we had 34°F, hopefully we're done with that for a while too!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Was 41 before daylight and now 47 F at noon. It's some cold wind coming from the SW. Must be blowing off southern ice burgs or something. Did any slip past NS and anchor off NC? That'll set the black flies back a day or two. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Started out bright and sunny. That did not last long. I was pounding nails,kinda on the cool side.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

36°. That is kinda close,but normal for this time of year,

SwampDonkey

Same here on the ridge, but I bet my fiddleheads are frosty white this morning at the woodlot.  :-\

Chuck White

28°F here this morning, supposed to get up into the 50's later today.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Probably dropped down a few degrees when the sun came up,I had 34 for a low.We are on a hill,but would not surprise me if down at the old farm house across the road got a frost. Bright sun and I have no idea the high for today. Maybe high enough to have the black flies out.

SwampDonkey

No frost on the fiddleheads, so I got a few more for dinner.  No flies. 8)

mesquite buckeye

pushing 100 every day this week. :o
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

36 again this morning, no frost. Mowed for the 3rd time yesterday afternoon.

thecfarm

33 here. Looks like the night temps will be in the 40's now. Wife has been covering the flowers for the last few nights. Bright sun again.The last 2 days was the same way,than the clouds come in.

chevytaHOE5674

52° here this morning at 6:15 which is a big change from the snow we had on Saturday and Sunday. But its a welcomed change and I can finally get some work done outside. Off to string some more fence wire.

mesquite buckeye

If you mow bare dirt, it just makes dust and scares the lizards. ;D

Warbird

This is getting flippin' ridiculous!!  We should be having sunshine and green leaves on the trees.  Currently, it's about freezing, snowing like mad, and no leaves in sight anywhere!

From the forecast:
Rest Of Today: Snow mixed with rain at times. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches at higher elevations and less than an inch elsewhere. Highs in the mid to upper 30s. West winds 10 mph increasing to 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph.

Tonight: Snow. Snow accumulation around 2 inches...especially at higher elevations. Lows in the mid 20s. West winds to 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph.

Saturday: Snow likely in the morning. Cloudy with a chance of snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 2 inches at higher elevations. Little snow accumulation elsewhere. Highs in the lower to mid 30s. West winds to 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph.

Saturday Night: Cloudy. A chance of snow in the evening. Lows in the mid teens to lower 20s. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s. West winds 5 to 15 mph.

From the winter weather advisory:
* SNOW...2 TO 6 INCHES...HEAVIEST AMOUNTS AT HIGHER ELEVATIONS.
  SOME OF THE SNOW AT LOWER ELEVATIONS MAY MELT AS IT HITS
  THE GROUND.

mesquite buckeye

We are supposed to have a cold front come through dropping us down to a frigid 92°. ;D :snowball:

SwampDonkey

It's sunny here, we did have some showers today though, nothing to measure. But sun be darned, it's still only 50's and 60's and frost expected for the next couple nights. Although I doubt I'll see any here on the ridge.

thecfarm

Started to rain here around 9:30 last night. The dogs wanted to come in. As least they know enough to come in out of the rain,as my Father use to say. Still raining. Will rain hard,than let up. Trying to get the garden in now, Took two days off to go to the woods Expo in Bangor,ME. A little behind now.

chevytaHOE5674

Rain rain rain here. Close to 2 inches since Thursday and supposed to rain until Wednesday. Some places down in Wisconsin and Minnesota have got 4+ inches of rain and its still coming down. Looks like any and all field work will be suspended for another week or two. I have a couple of grains fields that I hope to have planted by the middle of June.

SwampDonkey

Ran began here after daylight and have about 2/10" so far. East wind, so it's not all that hot. Expected to be cool for the remainder of the week. Fine by me.

Magicman

I think that Summer arrived today.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

90 with flying chunks of gunk. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!