iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Sunny, breezy and 80. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

A week ago I thought our 70° was gone for a while. Wrong on that. I had one day in the 70's,just about made it,and a few that was close. Still no frost at my house. None in sight according to the weekly forecast.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Icehouse

8)  Frost today 29° will drop a couple degrees as sun comes up, should be bright and sunny, good day to start putting things away for up coming months. Need to fill the wood box, use some of that wood we sweated for last year. :laugh:
Favorite Stihl ms361 ms064 Favorite Husky 242xp 262xp

clww

Today we have more rain, and a 60% chance for more on Monday, too. It's rained every day since early Wednesday, and so far, we've received more than four inches. Small paycheck this week of two days instead of the usual six. >:(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

beenthere

Cut two more trees today, as the weather was finally "great" and only up in the 60's. Supposed to rain tomorrow, and may get greasy in the woods.

Extra wh. oak and wh. ash on the pile.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Icehouse

Beautiful day high of 50° real sunny. A little frost this morning but went away fast. Did a little logging, have a good evening.   :D
Favorite Stihl ms361 ms064 Favorite Husky 242xp 262xp

sandhills

It rained here almost all day off and on  8), got a little over an inch and a half, when it takes all day to do that I'll take it anytime  :)

thecfarm

Another bright sun,sun shiny day.  ;D  Started out cloudy,but around 10 the sun break through the clouds. Still warm here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Quote from: beenthere on October 14, 2013, 07:22:37 PM
Cut two more trees today, as the weather was finally "great" and only up in the 60's. Supposed to rain tomorrow, and may get greasy in the woods.

Extra wh. oak and wh. ash on the pile.

Looks like some straight saw logs, a few of them,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

SwampDonkey

Heavy morning fog here everywhere, even on the ridge tops. The sun made a brief appearance around noon. Had a shower around 3:30, but didn't stop the farmers from digging taters. Suppose to be fog again this morning, but burn off to sun. Rain coming Wednesday afternoon and continuing into Friday. Not a great amount, less than 1" forecast. Big cool down on Monday with highs in the 40's, the norm around here for late October. I don't doubt a snow flake before the month is out. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Steady rain right now and the forecast is for rain today, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday then snow possible Sunday and Monday. Looks like our nice stretch of weather has come to an end and its going to be wet until the ground freezes up. Temps are in the 40's for highs and 30's for lows. Yesterday morning is was 24° and very frosty and even had some slush on top of the cows water trough. 

hardtailjohn

15 degrees at 6am...should be in the 50's...beautiful Fall days here finally...but it's supposed to rain a bit tomorrow. We'll take 'em!
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

mesquite buckeye

80's and sunny for the next 10 days, at least. Heading to the cool fall of Missouri on Friday. ;D Time to cut some trees down. ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

drobertson

Perfect timing! beautiful colors starting now, cold front is in, and the rain is near over,  perfect time in the Ozarks!  and this week-end is our annual bow camp!  40's and 60's,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

mesquite buckeye

I'll wave as I go by. ;D 8) 8) 8)

thecfarm

Just had a small,light shower that went through. Warm here,even at night,so far.

chevytaHOE5674

Another cool morning at 27°, but the good news is the sun is shinning for now 8).  Forecast is for rain and snow on and off through Monday so we will probably get our first accumulating snow of the 2013/2014 winter.

SwampDonkey

Less than 1/10" here, but the bushes were good and wet all day. ;D Sun came out this afternoon, in the 60's.

Just picked 3 peppers from the garden. 8) Noticed some black flies around...hmm. ::)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

A light rain now.Suppose to stop this afternoon. Better than the 2 inches we would get in one day this summer.

chevytaHOE5674

Still raining and 39° UP here which makes it a bummer to get any outdoor projects wrapped up. Looking at the weather forecasts they are now including the windchill temps and the amount of snow accumulation for the weekend. Looking like a good weekend to get some projects worked on in the house or shop.

mesquite buckeye

Sunny and 80. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Kansas

It was a cold damp shower here. Its cooling down big time this weekend.

thecfarm

I still had not have a frost here. Been a warm fall,so far. That has to change here sometime. And I know it will.

SwampDonkey

None here either. Begonia and impatients in full bloom in yard, peppers still green in the garden.

chevytaHOE5674

Had 26° here this morning with ice on water puddles and such. Supposed to rain/snow this afternoon then turn to all snow overnight through Tuesday, they are talking a few inches of accumulation and possible some lake effect snow with windchills getting into the upper teens...

That should kick my butt into gear to get some things done before winter arrives.

Thank You Sponsors!