iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

And we are between you at 18°.  Brrrrrrr.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bugdust

Quote from: bugdust on January 06, 2014, 08:51:12 PM
8:45 Monday night in Southern WV and just hit ZERO!

Update - Woke up this morning looking at -5.8 with expected high today of 0 - 5 above.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

bugdust

Quote from: bugdust on January 06, 2014, 08:51:12 PM
8:45 Monday night in Southern WV and just hit ZERO!
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Chuck White

At this time, we have 4° (on the hot side of 0) and stiff Westerly winds 20-25, gusting to 40-45 mph!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I have 14 above,12 for a low and that wind is just a howling out there. We had 50 for a high yesterday. Seemed odd to go out this morning and still have a bunch of wood in the OWB. When I filled it last night it was 32 above. Looks like single digits each night but by high noon 20. Friday something is coming,snow and then rain,temps in the high 30's.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ancjr

0F, calm and sunny on the ridge this morn.  :)

fuzzybear

So you still feeling cold??  This was for 2 weeks straight.
FB
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Jim_Rogers

I was going to ask you if that thermometer was F or C but it really doesn't matter that much at -40... ;D
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

sandhills

fuzzybear, when it gets cold enough to break the glass on your thermometer it's time to head a little farther south  :D.  Keep warm up there!

Raider Bill

Anyone getting snow?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

luvmexfood

Well it's 11:36 here now and still -1. Have to go take a pee test for part-time job so I guess today is a good day for that.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

thecfarm

No snow here. Maybe Friday,might be all rain,depends how the storm goes.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

Lake snow, five degrees and windy.  Beautiful day in Northern Lower Michigan.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Woodboogah

As I sit here in type I feel like I am wasting the day looking at the lower temps then here.  it's 12 and windy as can be.   Did a small sugar maple removal this morning that I have been putting off, figured do that instead of cut and skid all day.  Change it up a little.  Had breakfast with my old man and walked and fixed our fence line (being proactive about the coyotes).  Well I guess I will just keep the fire going until the wife gets home. 
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 07, 2014, 11:35:29 AM
Anyone getting snow?

UP here if its between the months of November and April then you can bet on us getting snow.  :D

Only about 5~6 inches last night. 171" for the season and 40"+ on the ground.

SwampDonkey

If I gotta wade it, it's what's all the ground that counts. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

grweldon

I hate to whine, especially since it's going to be about 60° here this weekend (and rain), but it was 13° this morning when I got in to the car.  I've lived in central Georgia and Alabama for 27 years and I've never experienced temps this cold here.  It's the main reason I moved from south-central Michigan!

I really do feel bad for you folks up north where it stays that cold for months.  Keep bundled up and stay safe!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Raider Bill

It's a damp 39 at 3:30 pm. Hope it warms up soon I'm going to run out of long sleeve shirts. :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

thecfarm

13° that is some cold for you guys. For me that is not too bad. And I know there are some out there right now wish it was that warm where they are. If the area that you live in,is not use to those temps and not ready for it,that is not good. Could of had snow there.  :o

Shotgun

grweldon,

Well, you'll just have to tough it out, and take the bad with the good.    :)
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Corley5

It's up to 5.5 degrees now, just in time for it to drop.  It's hard to tell how much snow we're getting because it blows to the eastern side of the state before it hits the ground.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

coxy

talk about snow last night at 10.30 it was snowing so hard I could not see the out side light that was 50ft away but only got half a inch went down the road 7miles and nothing at all  ???

red oaks lumber

we got close today :) but, the high only made it to minus 5.sad thing is it felt warmer than that :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Chuck White

Now it's 6°F here and the wind has howled all day.

It snowed off and on all day and when it wasn't snowing, the wind created ground blizzards to the point that I couldn't see the trees on the back side of my yard, that's only about 50 yards!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

curdog

Grandfather mountain in the high country of wnc had a wind chill of - 103.1 last night.  Temperature of-14.6 and had winds up to79 mph. I'm shivering just thinking about it. We got down to 3 last night and that is more than enough for me. Still no snow......

Thank You Sponsors!