iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Yeah, it dropped  a lot here this week to. My front lawn will be mostly bare by next weekend and the corn stubble is well above the snow with a few bare spots next door. And fields facing west, which is like my lawn and the field here, melts real fast in that March-April sun. Sunset ain't 'til 8:00 pm now.  8) Lots of snow in the woods because the trees make the air cooler from shading. But there is nothing much to the snow, you go clear to the bottom up to your butt. :D My cousin's little maple grove next to the road here has under a foot left.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Warbird

We've more than an inch of new snow this morning.  :-/

SwampDonkey

I've seen robins, grackles and killdeer today.  Sunny and over 50 degrees today. 8)

Kill-deer

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

We had 2-3 days of nice warm weather and I loved it. Now its back to the 30's for the rest of this coming week and a few chances of snow.

SwampDonkey

I've been listening to that killdeer link all evening on the computer. They used to be as thick as robins around here. Still have a few, but numbers are way down. Killdeer are one of my favorite birds.  :) When we farmed we detoured around their nests in the fields because they had eggs before it was dry enough to scratch the ground. Always had to watch for the killdeer running about.

rbhunter

It is reported that Pratt Ks recieved 28 inches of snow last night and today and some snow dirfts 6 feet tall in parts of kansas.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

tyb525

It was in the 50s, 60s, and 70s last week, now it's down to the 30s today. Had some sleet and snow, but none stuck.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

SwampDonkey

Rain and 34F at the moment. Been in the 50's the last 3 days by noon. I don't think there is going to be a sap season in my area much. That could change, but it's looking like a warm spring like in 2006.

SwampDonkey

Snow flurries now, but not adding up to anything.

STUMPKICKER

tommorow is supposed to be  ;D ;D ;D

SwampDonkey

Yeah spring returns. We got hardly anything for snow yesterday, in fact it all disappeared today what landed yesterday. Big rain for the weekend coming up from Texas. ;D

Too bad though, the sap season is over, the way I see it. Not going to be freezing for the next week.  :) Look out Freddie Beach, I'd be looking for higher ground again this spring. ;)

pep

Rained all day Fri. then turned to snow on Sat and hasn't stopped.   >:( >:(Close to another 14".  Just when I thought I could get sawing, now have to wait another 2 weeks.  I couldn't even get to the shop today, turned around and came home.  Quite the mess on the township roads, they aren't frozen anymore so lots of gravel in the snow banks.  Looks like the middle of January around here :( :(  So much for spring

cheers pep
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

SwampDonkey

Been raining here or showers for days, the snow has pretty much dissolved. By this Sunday the yard will be all bare. By the 20th the local woods will be bare, still got until the end of the month to clear the outback out. The ice is gone from the streams, the river ice is on the move, some jams. I'm on high ground.  8) Aspen and willow are flowering, lillies are 2" through the ground, colts foot is blooming.

Ironmower

Gonna be kinda cool the next couple of days(in the 40's) DanG tick!, just felt the little sucker crawlin' on me just now >:(..............dead ;D......Feels like my skins-ah-crawlin......Hate them little suckers, lime disease is terrible 'round here >:(......Spring is in full swing here now, mowed the grass Saturday ;D.......From chattin' with ya'll, I will never complain about the weather here again! :-X
WM lt35 hd 950 JD

SwampDonkey

We got no ticks here, but parts of Western Nova Scotia was crawling with those darn things when I worked down there in 1989.  >:(

Warbird

It didn't even get below 0 here last night and yesterday, the snow was melting!  Spring is springing!

Ironmower

Snowed here more yesterday, than all winter ;D. Didn't stick though, aw-well :'( 34 degrees now, The robins look alittle confused :D
WM lt35 hd 950 JD

isawlogs

Its snowing                 again          :-\              It rained for two days , the river flooded the feilds , now its snowing, the sun is to be shinning for the weekend .  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

Snow is going slow here.Pond did come up pretty quick with the rain we had last week,but it's on the way down all ready.I doubt the road will be flooded over this year,unless it rains for 2-3 days steady.Still snow in the woods,but not much and only in places.Wind blows just about every day.Does help to dry things up.Would like to see the sun all day for one day.Only seems to be out in the morning or afternoon.Temps been warm,but with the wind it still feels cool.Still early to be in the 60's day after day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Been cool at nights, 20's, and 40's during the day the past week. Snow still melting, only about 6 inches and ice on the bottom in my woods. I'll be able to drive my road to the woodlot by month's end.  8)

chevytaHOE5674

Been in the mid 40's the last few days, a few more weeks and the snow will be gone. We still have 2-3 foot in the woods, was out snowmobiling this morning.

Lanier_Lurker

2009 Farmer's Almanac says average temperature in south-southeast will be 79F during August 2009.  Given average temps so far this year, that is believable.  Would not be surprised if it happened.

Must be global warming....

SwampDonkey

Sure ain't been nothing special here, never got to 60 F yet this April. Weird. Lot of sun though, but barely above 52, mostly mid to upper 40's. ;D

Don K

We had a milder than normal summer up until August last year. Sure helped with those AC bills ;D

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

SwampDonkey

Lotsa air conditioning here to, only it's dry heat off the furnace. :D

Thank You Sponsors!