iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Glad to see this weather was not yesterday at the WM open house.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

curdog

Already 65 this morning, supposed to get up around 80 today and pretty windy this afternoon. Going to rain and cool off Monday and Tuesday with highs back in the 60's. It's beautiful and sunny so off to work I go. I'll take my " weekend" when the rain gets here, I just hope it holds out enough to get the grass mowed.

chevytaHOE5674

20's the last few nights and the temp now is only about 34°, with gray skies and occasional snow flurries. Next few nights they are calling for low teens and maybe even single digit temps is the skies clear out, and high temps only in the 20's...

thecfarm

Had to go to town,went by a sugarshack to see if they was boiling,nope. The ground was covered with snow they got this morning at the WM dealer. About a mile down from his place the ground was bare,as my place was too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Winter came back here, 70's yesterday, cold and and snow with a hard North wind today.  I guess something had to come along to get all the baby calves scouring  >:(.

blackfoot griz

It snowed yesterday but didn't stick in the valleys but it did in the higher elevations. Sunny today but cool it is 42 degrees now.

Magicman

Looks like every week we have been getting a blow and this next one is packing water.  The weather guessers are predicting 3"-4" which will flood areas already affected by the already swollen rivers.  It will be tough on some folks.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chevytaHOE5674

Cold and snowy overnight with 40+mph winds. Listening to the radio this morning he was talking about 2-3" of snow one day, 4-6" another, and 5-8" one night. Holy woah the winter that just won't quit.

335" and counting.   :(

chain

An 'old wive's tale' in these parts is,"do not plant crops or vegetable that fruit above ground until after Easter." And I can say, if there was ever a truth I can vouch for that advice! Warning of possible freeze this Wednesday.

Easter can be from earliest of 22nd March to latest 25th of April, all according to when the first full moon comes following the March equinox. ???

Magicman

We missed most of the heavy stuff last night, but should get an inch or so of water today.  Not too bad for us. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Rain and fog here, had a thunderstorm in the night. Almost 1/2" rain last night.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

52 and sunny here.  8)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

19° here with on and off snow, combined with 20mph winds puts the windchill down into the low single digits...

Be a normal winter day if it was February :D.

Jim_Rogers

When I drove to the post office at noontime the truck thermometer said 81° F. the one at my desk right now says 70°F and that's not because of a fire in the stove. Which I had this morning when I got here.
I've been out sawing logs in shorts and a tank top, first day for that this year. Too hot for long pants, today.

Suppose to rain here tomorrow and be 40 on Wednesday.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

SwampDonkey

60 here now, sun, tropical breeze, haze in the air. Water everywhere.  ;D

curdog

Raining now and about 65. The nws issued a freeze watch for Tuesday night. If it gets below freezing there will be a lot of plants dying, hopefully some Sweetgum.

thecfarm

A wonderful day here.Started out wet and foggy. Once the sun took over that was it. Rain late afternoon tomorrow. Than the cool down at night. Two nights in a row below freezing. I guess I better get some more wood.

Chuck White

Thermometer hit 80°F here today, rained earlier tonight, road covered with frogs, some hopping and some flat!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Was nearly 50F here over night, a lot less snow. But suppose to end when a few flurries and ice pellets, not much to it.

thecfarm

Cloudy here and 56°. But that wind has a bite to it. Rain coming in this afternoon.

curdog

We're at our high temp for the day now. It's 63 today, but supposed to be near record low tonight around 29. There was even some talk of snow along the Tennessee border counties. I'll need an extra large bowl of Grits in the morning to stay warm.

chevytaHOE5674

9° early this morning now its up to 22° and lightly snowing. Tomorrow they are calling for 5-8" of snow and then "moderate accumulations" Wednesday night and Thursday.

thecfarm

9° degree!!  :o :( Seem like the record low for yesterday was 19 here. A few days will be below freezing at night,

jargo432

Hopefully last night was our last freeze here in N Texas.  From what the news said it set a record for the latest freeze ever.

Enough allready let spring begin!!!!!!
Jack of all trades.

SwampDonkey

54F here now, no sun, nothing else neither but clouds.

Talked to the neighbor yesterday. He said insurance was good to him and covered his shop fire. Talking further, he agreed it's been a long winter. He said he's done fishing for firewood out in the snow, ice and blizzards to feed his OWB contraption. He's putting an indoor boiler in with combination wood and oil. He's building an attached woodshed.  ;D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!