iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Going to remain mild most of the week here, a little bit of snow Thursday they think, not much. Big storm brewing in the south is going to miss here. Been very mild January in these parts as far as traditional winter is concerned.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Yesterday was warm, humid, and weird.  72 degrees with unstable air and a front moving in.  40 mph wind, and tornado warnings all over.  Felt like spring.  Tornado weather is scary.  You can go outside and look at the moving clouds, feel the hot muggy air, and feel the premonition of a tornado. 

I hate tornados  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

We had over 2" of rain last night and it sure doesn't look like sledding weather, lots of bare ground.  ::)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

moonhill

And the wind blew, really hard, blowing the boards off my new house addition, second floor.  They weren't screwed down and only a plastic layer and stickers screwed on to hold the plastic in place(they were only place temporarily).  The snow which was the fastener didn't last and 95% of the boards are now on the ground.   :(  I took a chance and lost.

On the bright side the wind mills kept a good charge in the battery pack ;D

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

moonhill

Magicman

I took advantage of the sunshine today and changed the oil/filter in the Lombardini.  Getting ready for a SYP job tomorrow.... 8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rick f

Here in Downeast , Maine we lost our snow. We had about a foot in the woods were I was cutting firewood. 2-21/2 " along the edges of the blueberry ground and it was very mealy. Winds were 57 mph here last night with 1.5" of rain. Pretty much all bare ground now with alot of water standing in the woods. It'll be a day or two before I go in again. I just hope it freezes up pretty quick.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

moonhill

I hope we get more snow to covering those BB buds.  I was surprised at how much snow we lost.

Tim

SwampDonkey

The kind of strong warm winds your talking about will cut the snow faster than a rain. Like a blow torch. :D

thecfarm

We still have about 6-8 inches of snow kinda in central Maine.No bare spots in the fields,even 45 minutes away where I work,Auburn,Lewiston area,which I was surprised to see.But the snow sure did settle back away from the trees.My dog can go anywheres he wants to now.He's no longer stranded to my tractor tracks in the woods.He can stay on top of the snow now.
Kinda cold here now,15° and the wind is just a howling out there.I went down to get the mail and decided to stay inside today.We got about an inch of snow yesterday and the wind is really blowing it around.OWB is getting a workout too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

We had 2 or 3" snow over night, windy. Sun's almost out now. It cooled off during the storm to 15 F. With the wind taking up the snow off the ground it looks like it's still snowing in the distance, but it's not doing anything. If you saw my sled video you would see that we don't have very much snow. What was left was a film of crust. Great for going anywhere with a sled. :D

Magicman

Brew a hot cup, pop some corn, let it rain, and watch Bigfoot re-runs...... Pop_corn...... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Qweaver

We've had the sawmill working the past two days and the 18 deg temps actually felt pretty darn good today.  No mud and I actually had a little sweat going at one time today.  But I'll be glad to see 70 again.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

thecfarm

Not much snow in Jan.If that rain would of been snow,would of been like the DC,MD area.Had no really cold weather here yet.But Feb is not over yet.It might dip down in the single numbers and stay there for a week.Had  really no temps above freezing either since all that rain we got.Temps are in the single numbers at times through the night,but at high noon close to 20.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chris Burchfield

The weatherman missed it in Memphis this morning.  Last night it was may get a little dusting.  I woke up at a quarter to four and realized a glow at the window.  Looked out and there was two inches on the ground with big heavy wet flakes falling.  By ten a.m. we had about five inches.  Some kind of upper air warmth disappeared during the night allowing it to snow.  That's their story and their sticking to it.  By one p.m. mixed sleet and rain has helped in melting  most of it off the roads.  Pose to freeze tonight with another front moving in.  We'll see.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

SwampDonkey

.........and up here it's melting again with a stiff NW wind. Now, how the heck?  ::)  Well, it ain't melting that fast was only 33 F. ;)

Saw Tippy again, but on the road trying to cross until I tooted.

GF

I forgot what the sun even looks like, the ground is saturated and we got some more snow today and possibly some coming this Thursday.  I am ready for it to dry up some.

GF

beenthere

My bro just called from north of Little Rock. Said they have about 6" unexpected snow, and 4-5 more on the way.
We are waiting to see if we get the 6-12 tonight and tomorrow. Maybe IA will take it all before it gets here  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Warbird

Wow.  Guess I better call the parents-in-law tonight and see how they are faring.  They live outside of Ozark.

SwampDonkey

Almost too hot on the haul back when sledding.  :D ;D It ain't hard pulling, but all up hill. That sun is warm in 36F air. :D

thecfarm

We missed another storm,or the area I live in did. Temps have been a little above freezing,but the wind likes to keep the temp down.Only had one day that was in the high 30's with no wind. May not get a week of cold weather,temps in the single numbers.March is right here and the 7 day forecast looks good.We can still get a ton of snow,but the cold weather should be done. I can remember a couple winters back in the late 80's like this.Would snow and than rain.Sure does seem odd,compared to last winter when we had all that snow.But seemed like it did not snow after March here.

thecfarm

Been snowing and raining here since Tuesday.Get 2-3 inches of snow each day than some rain to melt it away.Got alot of rain Thursday.Rivers,ponds and streams are bank full again.Do have snow from all the storms still on the ground this morning.Still have chance of a few inches each day up to Wed.Something might happen than,if we don't miss it.First of March and it's like mid April. That can change real fast.

stonebroke

52 inches since tues. We did not miss it big time

Stonebroke

Qweaver

Quote from: stonebroke on February 28, 2010, 08:41:59 AM
52 inches since tues. We did not miss it big time

Stonebroke

I measured 18" on the ground this morning and I was feeling sorry for myself until I read this.  I don't know I'd deal with 52".  :o  Cousin hauled me in 10 bags of pellets this A.M.  so I'll just hibernate till spring.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

stonebroke

Hunter Mountain a little south in the Catskills got 84 inches

Stonebroke

Thank You Sponsors!