iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Finally.I get to say something diffeant, The sun is out nice and bright.   ;D   Was 38° here last night. I would think some of the low areas might of got a frost. Looks to be a mighty fine Memorial Day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warbird

Probably not in too many places do you see this on the local weather page:

Red Flag Warning
Flood Watch

The red flag warning is for extreme fire conditions due to relative humidity levels down to 15%. To think, a week and a half ago it was 30 degrees with snow standing on the ground.

clww

I can't recall a red flag warning and a flood watch coinciding.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Raider Bill

Sunny mid 90's slight breeze. Afternoon summer showers have started.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

mesquite buckeye

93 and sunny with a hint of smoke from distant fires. :o 8) 8) 8) The real heat is on the way, saying 104-106 by Saturday, probably 110 in a couple of weeks. Better not pick up a tool without gloves on. 130-140 in the cactus greenhouses. It'll kill you if you don't watch it. Yuk. Good weather for mesquites and saguaros though.  ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

Raining here since about 7 this morning.We got some warm temps coming too this week,85.Kinda on the warm side for this time of year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mooseherder

We are drenched and it is still coming down with flood warnings for the area.

ancjr

It's so hot there are no horseflies, hornets, wasps or carpenter bees out.   :o   On that tip, I'm not going out there either!   8)

Mooseherder

Quote from: Warbird on May 28, 2013, 08:28:38 PM

Red Flag Warning
Flood Watch

The red flag warning is for extreme fire conditions due to relative humidity levels down to 15%. To think, a week and a half ago it was 30 degrees with snow standing on the ground.

I see your area is under water Warbird.  Hopefully you and family are on higher ground.

clww

It's nearly 90 degrees here, and will be through Friday at The Beach. The ocean temp is still well below 60 degrees, though.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

Warbird

Quote from: Mooseherder on May 29, 2013, 04:24:34 PM
Quote from: Warbird on May 28, 2013, 08:28:38 PM

Red Flag Warning
Flood Watch

I see your area is under water Warbird.  Hopefully you and family are on higher ground.

We're doing well here, MH.  Thanks.  A whole bunch of outlying towns are underwater due to the massive ice jams on the Yukon River.

NWP

I'm done with the rain here. It can stop anytime.  Farmers haven't hardly gotten anything planted and log supplies are getting low.

1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: NWP on May 30, 2013, 10:35:53 AM
I'm done with the rain here. It can stop anytime.  Farmers haven't hardly gotten anything planted and log supplies are getting low.

Send it our way. We are hot and thirsty. We'll take all you got. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) :o
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

OneWithWood

Quote from: ancjr on May 29, 2013, 03:45:30 PM
It's so hot there are no horseflies, hornets, wasps or carpenter bees out.   :o   On that tip, I'm not going out there either!   8)

Been climbing in and out of hollers and across ridge tops with a back pack sprayer strapped to my back.  Not sure who is getting the worst of my eradication efforts.  The invasives or me. smiley_tom_dizzy03 smiley_sweat_drop

That's what I get for waiting until shroom season was over...
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

mesquite buckeye

Word is ticks are really bad in Missouri this year. >:(

NWP

Yeah. I've had a few on me this year. All crawling at least and not dug in.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

ancjr

Quote from: OneWithWood on May 30, 2013, 12:59:42 PM
Quote from: ancjr on May 29, 2013, 03:45:30 PM

Been climbing in and out of hollers and across ridge tops with a back pack sprayer strapped to my back.  Not sure who is getting the worst of my eradication efforts.  The invasives or me. smiley_tom_dizzy03 smiley_sweat_drop

That's what I get for waiting until shroom season was over...

I've been using a powered pruning saw on the muscadine, lopers on the honeysuckle and multiflora rose.  I will use chemical warefare, I just don't like too.  A few small patches of garlic mustard need it.

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on May 30, 2013, 01:02:21 PM
Word is ticks are really bad in Missouri this year. >:(

They're bad here too.  Plenty wildlife and "neighborhood dogs" to keep them in circulation, besides the weather.

Today was a little warmer than perfect, but I'll take anything better than yesterday!

thecfarm

I have no idea for sure what the high was today,80?? Sounds good. took a nice cool shower tonight. Summer is here for a few days. back in the 70's by Monday,

justallan1

I'm about to go nuts with this rain and wind. We're half done branding, but can't finish in the rain. I'm hearing that it's supposed to quit tonight or tomorrow and I sure hope so. The boss just told me he got 4" at his house and I believe it.
I'm definitely ready to get some work done before it warms up.

Allan

ND rancher

Same here Allan, pushing 8.5" in 2 wks.Two days ago I dried out some river bottom ground and planted alf., that nite got almost 2", now what I seeded is flooded and rain predicted for another week! Only bright spot is morels,think I've picked close to 100 lbs.               Keith
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

okmulch

Another round of tornados today. Had 3.5 inches of rain in past 24 hours with another 2 expected tonight. Ponds are full or almost full again, I believe our drought is over for now!
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f, Tigercat 724g feller buncher

mesquite buckeye

Limited visibility less than 10 miles, rising humidity w SE winds. 100. Monsoon might just come early. ;D

ancjr

SwampDonkey

Just got back from the bush camp, around 2:30 pm. Darn near 90 here today. Stiff breeze. Been washing clothes and that hot air blowing on my drying rack only takes about 30 minutes to dry stuff. Tales as long to wash it in the machine. ;D  8)

Only rained Wednesday night, was fog Thursday. Had a hard frost Tuesday morning in the bush. The trees are a lot slower out there than back home. We are all leaved out and apple blossoms all gone and stuff it still just starting in the bush. The spruce and fir are still dormant, except I see flowers on the spruce. Back home my spruce already have 6" of growth. Saw 3 moose, one walked near camp Wednesday night and saw a bear and 2 cubs in another area away from camp. Lots of song birds to put ya to sleep. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

clww

Yukon, OK getting pounded by a tornado right now. OKC and Moore both are not out of the danger path of this one. :(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!