iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Quoteany sun that makes it way out will spawn thunderstorms

That is one I've never heard before, to my recollection.  ::)   The sun is always out, so what are they suggesting will spawn thunderstorms?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

timberlinetree

Leaves are starting to changes :-\
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

chevytaHOE5674

Noticed about a week and a half ago that the leaves are starting to change UP here. Was a real kick in the pants to get some work done (like firewood) because fall is coming sooner rather than later.

Magicman

The front has passed so we will have clear sailing for a while.  (But I finished sawing that job in the rain yesterday.)   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

leaves changing??? I hope that are the ones in a wet area or half dead. That's all I'm seeing for color. I put a sweat shirt on this morning.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

We won't need sweatshirts for a few days yet.  ;D  Yesterday was 108. :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

beenthere

:-X :-X
Won't torture you with our weather these days.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

grweldon

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on August 13, 2013, 05:19:54 PM
Got up to a balmy 62° here today after a cool start at 36°. At least we haven't had rain since last Friday.

Yep, that's the Michigan I remember! Ontonagon is very pretty all times of the year!

Been low 90's here during the days, except when it rains, then it drops to the mid 70s as long as the rain continues.  The minute it stops it moves it's way right back up!  Had flash floods here yesterday.  Rained this morning.  Mostly cloudy with scattered showers in the forcast now.

My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

grweldon

Quote from: beenthere on August 14, 2013, 09:24:54 AM

That is one I've never heard before, to my recollection.  ::)   The sun is always out, so what are they suggesting will spawn thunderstorms?

In the south, the heat will spawn thundertorms many days during the summer.  It's a very familiar and predictable occurance.  Sun during the day heats the surface and the moisture evaportates and together with moisture in the air from the gulf, cloulds build quickly and rise to become very tall.  Scattered thunderstorms then follow.  Some summers this happens at least 50% of the days during July and August.

Can't say what's going on up there in New Brunswick.  Are they known for sustained temps in the 90s (Farenheit)?
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

clww

Temps have been really cool here at The Beach for August. All this week the highest was only 84 degrees.  Wednesday morning at the cabin, we had a low of 46 degrees. Been really nice for working outdoors. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

SwampDonkey

Quote from: grweldon on August 15, 2013, 03:37:10 PM
Quote from: beenthere on August 14, 2013, 09:24:54 AM

In the south, the heat will spawn thundertorms many days during the summer.  It's a very familiar and predictable occurance.  Sun during the day heats the surface and the moisture evaportates and together with moisture in the air from the gulf, cloulds build quickly and rise to become very tall.  Scattered thunderstorms then follow.  Some summers this happens at least 50% of the days during July and August.

Can't say what's going on up there in New Brunswick.  Are they known for sustained temps in the 90s (Farenheit)?

That about sums it up.

We get a few 90 days, but very few. Often 2-4 days in a  row, never seen a week straight except back in 87. It was hot for weeks. I remember the year because of visiting cousins. Thunderstorms about every night.

But it this case it was overcast and the sun peeking through energized the atmosphere just enough that we did get those thunderstorms. And the temps were in the 70's. We had some heavy rain at times. Probably got a good inch.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Looks like we have something brewing in the Gulf.  Any "tropical" activities are causes for concern.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

68" at Caribou was the record annual rainfall, just 2 years ago. We are now at 60". The norm is 40" in this region. The last few years the summers have been real wet, not real bad last summer. Out in the area we thin there are meteorological instruments set up in the forest to monitor changes over time in climate and that area always has higher rainfall than here in the river valley. Good thing that area is sandy and rocky, or everything would be a sloppy mess. When you walk over wet ground out there, only cross areas with grass (generic for grass and sedges). If it's mossed and it looks soupy, your going down. Unless it's thick enough to float you, and then you'll hear air bubbles and it will wiggle like jello. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

timberlinetree

Been chilly in the morning with stressed trees and some healthy trees starting to change color(just a few)and seeing smoke coming from a cabin chimney and geese flying south. Is it the middle of August?
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

thecfarm

I'm picking blackberries in the same place I have for 3 years. This year the ditch is muddy. I can feel myself sinking in. I forgot what year it was.,last year or the one before that?? It was wet here,but did not really rain like this year. It would only drizzle,but drizzle all day for 3-4 days in a row. This year we have got some rain at times.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

for many folks across the lower 48 the drought is about gone, lots of rain here in July and first of Aug, followed by just perfect weather, this morning is no exception,

david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

mesquite buckeye

108 and humid yesterday. Good weather for saguaros. Not so good for people. 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Wouldn't think of humid air in an arid environment.  ;D

curdog

We have been in the mid 60's for highs all weekend. This is unheard of for August. It is supposed to warm back up to the low 80's this week, but a lot better than the upper 90's or 100's it usually is this time of year. 8)

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: SwampDonkey on August 18, 2013, 05:17:34 PM
Wouldn't think of humid air in an arid environment.  ;D

July to about mid September is our summer monsoon. Our humid is not your humid, but we think it is rather unpleasant when our shirts get wet when it is hot. Usually they just get a little damp and salt encrusted. However, I can tell you that 108 with 50% humidity will kill you if you are not careful. :o  They find so many international hikers dead in the desert it doesn't even make the news unless there a bunch of them at the same time.

Warbird

mesquite buckeye

That will kill you. :o

Severe thunderstorm here. We'll take it, hail or not, need the water. Trees are dying.

thecfarm

Summer is back. in the 80's,but cools off at night. and NO RAIN. Been 3-4-5 days. I even have dust on my woods road.  :D

chevytaHOE5674

Summer came late and with a bang all of the sudden the last few days. Hit 91° here today and the humidity and dew point are way UP there so it is very uncomfortable. No rain in about 11 days now so its getting very dry as well.

mesquite buckeye

Be careful what you wish for. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!