iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbird

The Good Lord saw fit to hit the light switch:

"Areas of fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 30s to lower 40s. Southwest winds to 10 mph."

1 day and we go from lows in the lower 50's to lows in the upper 30's.

SwampDonkey

They said all that heat was up in the Yukon, Toronto was like fall weather.  And last week they said it was heading down here. Well it's been 85, and one more coming tomorrow, rain Friday. Never been below mid 70's here since late June unless it's a rain day. Last night it was very warm, high 60's. Moon was out all night, fog in the morning.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Still no rain. I watered the garden yesterday. Was pulling carrots and the ground is dry.In the 80's high noon,down in the 50's-60's at night. One night was in the high 40's. Yesterday was not a cloud in the sky. We had a few weeks of summer end of May,rain and kinda cool temps and than the end of summer,summer came back. There is always next year.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Temp is 95° at the moment and the heat index is 106°, which for UP here is very very warm. I hate days like this as I feel sick and can't really do much around the farm. Come on winter and snow  8)

sandhills

Yeah summer is back here too, we had an abnormally cool and wet first half of August but now we're trying to get back to triple digits everyday.  Helped a friend pour a couple cement slabs yesterday and we all realized just how spoiled we'd gotten the last few weeks.

mesquite buckeye

Tropical moisture coming in from the SW. 82 and cloudy. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

75 F and sun here since Friday. In the 50's at night.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Autocar

Started warming up today but still very nice late summer weather. I remarked to my wife this past week that the woods would spell like fall in the mornings just can't beat the four seasons even though I don't like late winter like I use to.
Bill

thecfarm

Ayup,the ferns are turning brown,frost flowers are out. I mentioned about a small wet hole on the edge of my land.that finally has no water in it,but would not want to walk through it yet. No standing water,but still muddy.Dark before 8:15 now too. Dark at 5:15 in the morning too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kansas

No chance of rain till Labor day. We had a fair amount this summer, not really enough to get my pond full, but there was no runoff, just some springs raising it some. The soybeans look awesome, and are not quite finishing blooming. some of them are as high as up to my shirt pocket, for better or worse. Loaded with pods.

SwampDonkey

The beans are still green as grass around here. The field of wheat next to the house here, 125 acres, was cut yesterday. The potato acreage this year is down a lot. You drive around and see beans and corn and some canola. The potato processor is a little concerned, but that don't mean much. They'll truck what they need in as far away as ND, first by rail, then truck. The tracks are tore up by the plant since the 80's. But then again potatoes by rail in the winter time is a gamble. We could never get the rail to look after heating the cars. One of the reasons they lost customers. Besides being inconvenient and doubling handling costs.

thecfarm

Watered the garden the last few days. We had a thunder shower around 6:30 tonight. Started off with a bunch of lighting,run around and closed the windows in the house and put the tractor away and put the windows up on the car and closed up the veggie stand,all without getting wet.   ;D  I thought sure it would pour long before we get all that done. It did pour,but I was inside by that time.  I have been wearing my cooler shirts every day.

SwampDonkey

Well the rain that last couple weeks has been more like sprinkles, which is fine by me. As I said earlier in the thread they get showers and rain mixed up. :D

The neighbors were cutting grain yesterday and it looked like rain at any minute. Not a drop.

chevytaHOE5674

Still hot UP here, been in the 80's during the days but at least it's been cooling back to the 50's and 60's at night. Got a good bit of rain early in the week so things have really greened up. Feels like summer though with high humidity and high dew points.

Magicman

We will be back up into the mid to upper 90's next week.   smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sun
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

They are talking mucho rain here for 2 days, more tropical stuff. I will believe it when it is on the ground. The last one gave us 0.2.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

WDH

Nasty hot and humid.  Was 85 degrees at 8:30 tonight. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

A cool day here today. No sun and windy. That thunder shower we had drove out the warm weather.

WDH

Fell blessed and much less sweaty.  Now you know why we eat grits.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I may know why,but still don't understand why.  ;D

WDH

One day you will find yourself down here, and you will be very hot and sweaty, and you will be very hungry, and then............................the unimaginable will happen  :).

thecfarm

I will have to come down with isawlogs. He won't let me do the unimaginable.
And I think that is a corn product???? Too green for me. Where's the beef???

WDH

We got that too, and boiled peanuts and pecans. 

thecfarm

Them 2 I would give a try. But not that other one.

Migal

;) Only was 100 today Dang Winter is upon us  8)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Thank You Sponsors!