iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Maybe you should forget about trees and go into the sno cone business. ;D

YUM ;)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Ah, lots of room yet. The wires on the poles are still a ways up. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

red oaks lumber

chevy
tommorrow i'll take pictures of my snow topped mountains :D and post them, lets invite others to do the same.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Magicman

Quote from: thecfarm on February 25, 2014, 10:57:17 AMMagicman,20's,ain't that kinda late for you guys to get temps like that? 
Yup, and we have daffodils blooming everywhere.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

curdog

Been ranging from mid 50's to low 70's over the last week. Low humidity and a moderate breeze. Real nice weather to be outside but has caused quite a few woods fires. With the forecasted winds the next few days and rh on Thursday is predicted to be just out of the single digits it could be a long few days. It also makes it hard to protect the seedlings from drying on these planting jobs. But if things weren't crazy this time of the year something would definitely be wrong. 8)

Autocar

Teens here again the wind blew most of the night but seems to be calm right now. For some reason this winter just won't give up.
Bill

thecfarm

I had -2 for a low,2 above now. Just in the low 20's for a high today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Autocar

The suns up now and it is ten with a northwest wind. Needless to say its cold out there ;D.
Bill

Magicman

I don't want 10° because this 40, 39, 38° with rain is plenty cold enough this morning.   :-\

The flicker I have going in the insert feels good.   fire_smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

There is one advantage with snow vs rain, at least you can pile the snow!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

chevytaHOE5674

-10° at the moment wind chill is -30°. Here.

mesquite buckeye

Sunny and 76. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

14F here , about as warm as it will get I think. Cold!  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Projected to be cold here for about another week!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

We are getting a snow shower as I type. We might get an inch here,according the weather guy. Might be like our summer showers. Come in hard and quick.I was just sitting down on the couch telling the wife it's clearing out towards Farmington. Can't even see the edge of the woods now.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I brought up two wheelbarrows of firewood.   ;D

SwampDonkey

They said there is suppose to be some kind of insignificant snow over night here.

Fish and chips for supper followed up by a slice of key lime pie. Made some bread today to. My mouth is watering. :D

submarinesailor

I was reading something in one of the energy trade rags today and it stated that the weather guessers are calling for March 2014 to be the coldest since 1996.  Instead of 720 heating degree days, the national average for March, they are calling for 745 heating degree days.  Something about the North Atlantic Oscillation going negative:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Atlantic_oscillation.

Bruce

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on February 26, 2014, 03:51:48 PM
I brought up two wheelbarrows of firewood.   ;D

Thats about all I have left.  >:(
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

We had some flurries mixed with rain and sleet here this morning. I think our high was 40 degrees at The Beach this afternoon. Supposed to get near 20 tonight, then 52 Thursday. The cold and freezing precipitation should get here (maybe) early next week. "In like a Lion; Out like a Lamb".
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Chuck White

We figure it to be cold here for a week or so, so no more sugaring 'till it warms up!

hardtailjohn

-20 again this morning. But OH, was it ever beautiful when the sun came out!!!  We got about a foot of snow last week and then it got cold, so lots of snow in the trees yet.... it makes that chilly morning worth it! We're supposed to get almost another week of this, then it gets warm again...... we'll see.
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Autocar

14 Degrees with snow flurries and a hard twenty to thirty mile per hour gusts of wind  :-\.
Bill

chain

I'm really getting worried over you fellows in the northern tier and Canada. The arctic center of cold seems to have centered over Michigan-Wisconsin; possibly, do you think the earth has tilted and you are now in the arctic circle?  :o

There are places near the equator to warm up, never to cut fire wood, or stove-up, or tote ashes ever again.

But we know, you are lovin' this, something you can tell your grand kids about..the winter of '13-'14, the real survivor series! :)

mesquite buckeye

77 and sunny. ;D

Rumors of rain on Saturday. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :o

Thank You Sponsors!