iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckshot00

23 and overcast here.

thecfarm

I have 8 above now and the sun is out bright and that wind is still wicked bad out there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

75 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

cbla

12F here and everything is covered in 3 inches of ice

sures001

It claims to be 7°F here, but real-feel with windchill is closer to -10°F, plus we've got ice everywhere thanks to some snowfall on Saturday night.

thecfarm

sures001,welcome to the forum. You have a heat wave with the wind chill factor where ever you are.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Banjo picker

Ice storm underway here in the sunny south...I went in at 3:00 and salted bridges.....trees icing up right now....a 2 degree rise in temp would be nice.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

pineywoods

32 deg here and raining. That's right on the hairy edge of a major ice storm. Freezing rain and pine trees are the makins of real trouble... :(
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

sures001

Quote from: thecfarm on February 16, 2015, 11:25:13 AM
sures001,welcome to te forum. You have a heat wave with the wind chill factor where ever you are.

Thank you for the welcome! And the -10°F windchill feels positively balmy compared to the windchills we've had over the past few days. I keep telling my boss we need to open up a satellite office somewhere...maybe Fiji?  ;)

drobertson

Well the heavier band got us, woke up to 10" of snow this morning, 15° winds out of the north, one more band coming, they expect 2" more,  Looks like me and Allis will be playing shortly.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

Brenda had to go up town to run a few errands,so me and the dog went too. She went into the store and her dog,Pumpkin started to whine. Great,wind just a blowing and the dog has to go. So like a good Papa,I took Pumpkin for a walk. She seem to enjoy,but I did not. That wind is some cold. I was dressed for it,but my face got cold quickly.
Only one bad spot where the car did not like the snow drifting onto the road.

curdog

>:( >:( >:(  well our snow is now looking like 12 hours of freezing rain.  A little snow and sleet mixed in but looking like a half inch of ice with a little snow.

SwampDonkey

15 mph winds and sun, if you can find it for whorl wind snow.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Nothing ugly to report from this part of the world. Calm winds, below freezing temps, cloudy sky, and little to no snow for a couple weeks. And over half way through the month of Feb.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Hilltop366

17°f here the wind has backed off to 40 mph, we ended up with 20 inches of snow from this last storm. Plowed the drive way 10 times in the last two days it keeps drifting in sometimes it is as high as the hood.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, @sures001.  How about an intro thread and telling us a bit about yourself and your log/lumber/sawing/woodworking interest.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

weimedog

Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

thecfarm

Just came in from my nightly feeding of the OWB and the deer. It's a true 2 above. No wind!!!!!

sawguy21

I had a call from a New Brunswick snow blower dealer today, his customers are complaining their new machines keep quitting  and want them fixed NOW under warranty. One came in with the air box plugged, when it hit the drift the snow fell back over the machine and got sucked into the intake and that seems to be the common problem. About all they can do is slow down so as not to bury it. Like trying to empty the Atlantic with a soup bowl.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Sounds like the farmer that plowed too deep and dug up the tiling. Exclaimed: "The tiling can't be any good!"

Nope, not now. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doctorb

Anybody else forgotten to take the snow blower out of reverse and had the handle smack you in the... well, you know here.  Happened this morning. :D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Bricklayer51

Geez Doc not a good way to start the day. 6 degrees and windy now. Going to my parents this morning their water froze yesterday when it was 22 below at 5 in the morning.

Hilltop366

Quote from: doctorb on February 17, 2015, 07:39:23 AM
Anybody else forgotten to take the snow blower out of reverse and had the handle smack you in the... well, you know here.  Happened this morning. :D

Sometimes being short does not hurt so bad.  ;D The handle hits me in the stomach.

Raider Bill

Got a call that my lawn mowers done. Not a moment too soon as we are supposed to get some liquid sunshine today which will make the grass shoot up.

Bought a mango tree that I need to get in the ground. Hope it cools down some so I don't over heat/ sweat too much.

Waiting for red mulch to go on sale at lowes. Hopefully in the next couple weeks. Need to get that down before winters over.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

curdog

We ended up with more sleet than freezing rain so I'm glad for that. The yard is whit with a little grass still poking it's head out. But everything is a sheet of ice out this morning.  I don't mind driving in the snow , but the ice is keeping me at home today.

Thank You Sponsors!