iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Sap won't be running up here for a bit. When it goes below mid 20's at night and only low 30's for the high, not going to happen. ;D

There are some sugaries opening already here, but it's old syrup.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

18° now,maybe up into the mid 30's today. Two days above freezing in a row!! We have not seen that in a while.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

35 now mid 50s the rest of the week I like it
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Chuck White

Woke up this morning to 32°.

Won't be long now and the sap will be running.

We have 739 of the 1200 taps done a/o yesterday, back at it today!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Raider Bill

Just got my 4 pallets of mulch delivered, mowed and pulled weeds this weekend. All house windows are open for that nice spring smell. Got a short bike ride in.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

mesquite buckeye

80 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

goose63

Spring must be here saw two geese flying over my place to day
goose

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: goose63 on March 09, 2015, 04:47:40 PM
Spring must be here saw two geese flying over my place to day

That depends, which way were they going? They may be feed up with winter and heading south late  :D ;D
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

goose63

Jim them buggers was headed north
goose

SwampDonkey

Doesn't mean too much this early. We have ducks and geese hang around as long as they can get at the corn fields or an open spot in the creek. Saw a bunch of wild turkeys last week in a corn field to. Any geese we have here in summer are none native, geese don't nest here normally in NB, they go north of here. Our premier introduced Ontario nuisance geese here, and that's exactly what they are too. Turkeys were introduced here to.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

That wind made it feel chilly today.   :'(   Even saw some snow coming down with the sun shining bright.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Texas Ranger

4 inches of rain. no logs moving
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

Much rain here.  No sawing this week.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

80 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball: :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

goose63

That's ok bill I had to take jacket off to day and in a week or two I might put my long johns away for the summer
goose

WDH

84 degrees here.  Easy to work up a good sweat. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I almost had the sweat thing going. If the wind was not blowing,again,I might of had to take the sweatshirt off. High of 44°. There was a water puddle where I was cutting the wood up.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on March 10, 2015, 08:14:46 PM
84 degrees here.  Easy to work up a good sweat.

I have not seen you make a reply like this in a long time.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

red

Kind of sounds like your on Edge
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

trapper

had the cycle out for a ride the last 2 days.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Jim_Rogers

over 40° and raining here.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

curdog

Still over 60 right now, going to hit 75 with thunderstorms tomorrow and then drop back to the upper 40s the next day. And it looks like rain everyday until Saturday . Can't get anything burned with all this wet weather.

SwampDonkey

Was 51 here and when we tried to take recyclables to the trash receptacle, actually tried two locations, the ground around it was a mill pond from snow melt.  ;D

thecfarm

I have 32°,it did not drop below that all night. I suppose I can say it did not get below freezing for 24 hours?  :) Looks like the day for that. But need the cold temps at night to make that sap run. Low 40's today!!

Thank You Sponsors!