iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Its been HUMID.....but the worst will be here Thursday.  fiddle-smiley
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I don't want to say it too loud,but the wind is not blowing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Forgot to post it here yesterday, but we had 34° when I got up at 6:00, and there was FROST on the lawn!  :o

Later on during the PM, it got up into the 70's.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Chunk!!! What is going on in way upstate NY?   :o  :)
We had a frost when we had the greenhouse buisness the first week of June,I would think about 10 years ago.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

I thought the flowers had had it, but I went out and sprayed them down before the sun got on them and it seems to have worked.

Maybe it wasn't a really hard frost, so that likely helped too.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bandmill Bandit

Chuck maybe what you had was what my MIL calls a dew frost. Don't ever seem to hurt much but we have had 2 or 3 of those this year up here.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

SwampDonkey

We have a frost warning here for tonight in low lying areas.  ;D Suppose to get to 70 after that. Sound familiar? I know we won't get frost here, but out back in the boonies there could be. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Sounds about right BB & Swamp.

mesquite buckeye

I think I saw some salt on the ground. That is also white. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

They are talking record heat this weekend, up to 120, with an excessive heat warning. We will be out in it. :( :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Ljohnsaw

Our high yesterday (Wednesday) was 72°°F.  Sunday and Monday are supposed to be 100°F.  Sure wish it could make up its mind!  FYI, our night time lows are typically 25-30° below the high.  When you wake up and its 75°, you know its going to be a hot one!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

grouch

Storms yesterday, almost chilly early this morning, then by 9am it was back to being a pressure cooker. Having a fan to stir the soup doesn't help much; I was still dripping all over the paint I was spreading in the garage. When the fumes get too much, hotfoot it through the blazing sun to the shade. Breeze wiggles a leaf or two now and then.

Don't think I could handle your 120F, mesquite buckeye.
Find something to do that interests you.

SwampDonkey

Yeah our night wasn't that cold last night for frost. Suppose to dip cooler tonight they said. Wind has blown here for a week out of the northwest.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

curdog

Mid to upper 90s and a little humid. A light breeze helped, but walking clear cuts made me start sweating early this morning and never stopped. ... is summer about over yet

SwampDonkey

I can imagine it gets toasty. I know it's twice as hot when we are thinning in softwoods. Those green limbs absorb heat like a black leather seat in car on a bright sunny 80 degree day. :D

Roxie

Going down to 57 tonight.  Been chilly and humid all day.  I'm wearing my heaviest sweater because I just refuse to turn on the heat or start a fire in the stove four days before the first day of summer.  Brrrrr. 
Say when

mesquite buckeye

They are saying this could be the worst heat wave in the desert in 20 years. People will die. Any international hikers coming across will get into trouble very fast. Most have them have never been in this kind of heat.

We are planning to start early, have cold drinks on hand at all times, and if it gets really crazy head for the nearest air conditioning, about 2 miles from the worksite. :(

Last time I was in 120 was in the eighties, sitting on a tractor hauling desert ironwood out of a wash south of Florence, AZ that I bought from the state land dept. 2 of us went through 14 gallons of water and did not pee one time. Drank water until midnight when I got home before there was enough to let some out.
It was not a good thing.

That is the famed dry heat. It sneaks up on you because you don't notice you are sweating, it dries up so fast. By the end of the day your clothes get crusty and white with salt.

thecfarm

14 gallons for 2 is alot of water. That heat can bring a person down quick.
Wind has slowed down alot. Now I will start to complain about the flies.  ;D

Mooseherder

Lightning struck the top of a Royal Palm tree today and blew one palm frond to pieces.  The top center of the tree looks like dried hay now.  The rest of it looks okay.  I'm not sure if it was a glancing strike but did see it happen.  The Australian Pine that got struck last time isn't looking too good.  That is the third time that I know of lightning hitting this yard.

sandhills

Mesquite, we had a sale at the salebarn yesterday, don't know what the actual temp was ( around 97 I'd guess) but running around on cement all day plum wore me out, I don't know how you tolerate your temps. I'd be willing to bet I drank an easy 3 gallons of water, it was 10:30 that night before I had to get some relief.  Maybe not the worst sale I've worked, but definitely in the top 2.

mesquite buckeye

With higher humidity it gets worse fast. I find it harder to tolerate as I get older. :(

thecfarm

Sun is out bright and just a slight breeze. 52° now.

thecfarm

Been a good spell of nice weather,we might get a shower tonight. We could use the water. The wind does hate to stop. Probably will stop and be in the high 90's than.
Been seeing the goslins and the little turkeys,hens?

mesquite buckeye

4 people died from the heat hiking over the weekend and a 5th is missing.

Almost 10 pm and still 100. Ugh.

Yesterday broke the official record by 2 degrees. Haven't seen today's  numbers yet, but the car thermometer was at 116 while I was driving around. Tucson's all time hot day for the summer is 117. We are close...

Thank You Sponsors!