iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

its been cold for so long my thermometer went north 

Logger RK

-31. There saying it'll start warming up today.

Chuck White

We have -13° here this morning!

Light breeze going on out there!

Yesterday and through the night we got another 4" of light snow, bringing our season total to 40.5"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

ya well we have about 6-8in thats more than enough  :D :D

Crusarius

I have new sawmill parts. do I brave the 25 degree shop? ugh. tough decision

chevytaHOE5674

Zero this morning with more snow overnight. After today it's supposed to warm up to the 20s for a few days. Hoping that will also stop the lake effect snow for a while. Was feeding cattle yesterday and with 3-4 feet of snow on the ground and mud underneith it makes it a struggle to get around with the tractor, a few warm days will hopefully settle the snow down.

21incher

This is what all my windows in the house look like now. the screens are totally plugged with blowing snow and you can't see out. 

Wind is still blowing, lake snow still falling with a 6 ft drift across the drive now. The dang battery in my F350 is totally dead, I think the 25 below wind chills froze it because it has zero power. Just keep feeding the hungry woodstove. I need a January thaw. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

SwampDonkey

I cleaned out the drifts in the driveway, I imagine it will be the same story tomorrow after all this wind. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sandhills

Cold south wind this morning, it must have got real cold last night because my air compressor didn't want to go  :D.  Suppose to be in the low 30's tomorrow with rain/snow mix  ::), just what we need ice under snow.

coxy

21 your house should be well insulated with all the cracks sealed up now  :)

Chuck White

Coxy;  We don't have 40.5 inches of snow on the ground, the 40.5 is the total snowfall, starting back in November!

We only have about 14 -16 inches of snow in the back yard now!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Chuck White on January 06, 2018, 12:26:07 PM
Coxy;  We don't have 40.5 inches of snow on the ground, the 40.5 is the total snowfall, starting back in November!

We only have about 14 -16 inches of snow in the back yard now!

Then your missing out. I have between 36 and 42 inches on the ground currently... you bring a truck and trailer and I'll load all you want.

21incher

Quote from: coxy on January 06, 2018, 11:54:48 AM
21 your house should be well insulated with all the cracks sealed up now  :)

There still are leaks. There is a tiny gap on the garage door seals and the bottom of the doors. Right now there is 2 feet of snow in the garage behind my wife's car with the doors closed :o. Never had it this bad, the wind must just be coming from a slightly different direction. Still snowing like crazy. electricuted-smiley
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

SwampDonkey

I've got over 36" here for sure. Not out in a field though, because the wind moved a lot of that into the woods. :D

I was watching to old hermit on youtube. With all this cold out there in ND (way colder than here) , his tire pump is busted, his jeep won't start, and a chainsaw is giving him fits. He has a back up: a cross cut, and hand pump, and the dogs pull his fire wood sled. :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Still cold here. Might set a record for cold temps. Layers and I do mean layers works for me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Southside

Quote from: thecfarm on January 06, 2018, 06:39:27 PM
Layers and I do mean layers works for me.

My wife gets on my case when I add on too many "layers"  :D  Next thing the salads start showing up instead of real food!!! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

-12, That's it,I'm not looking at that thermometer until next July.  :D
Tomorrow should be much better at 20°. The rest of the week looks good too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Another cold one this morning, we had -32° at 6:00AM, it's warmed up to -30° now!   ;D

It's 36° in my little insulated room in the cellar where I keep my potatoes and onions! smiley_thumbsup

SwampDonkey

Only -3F here this morning, still cold enough. :D

Southside

-9F here - I am fixin to move north so I can get in on some of that global warming benefit. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ed_K

-17 this morning, we're going thru a wheelbarrow full of firewood a day. And the furnace only has to heat a 1500 sf cabin  ;D .
Ed K

coxy

ill be ready to put on my bikini by Friday  +38 :o :D 8)

thecfarm

chevytaHOE5674

Got up to 28° today and i was outside in just a long sleeve shirt and had the window open in the tractor because it got kind warm in the cab. Supposed to be warm until thursday then back to the single digits. Got a bunch of outside projects that I've been putting off that I'm going to have to bust butt and get done in the next few days.

thecfarm

Your weather is coming my way!!!!!  Which does quite often.

Thank You Sponsors!