iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Been quite mild at night the last two nights, around 60 F, and been showering from just before daylight until 3:00 pm or so when it clears. Actually more like rain today. It's clear again now, it reminds me of the west coast rain belt.  :D :D The warm spot today in Canada was in the Maritimes at 75 F on Cape Breton. It was 68 here when I got home at 4:30 pm.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

It's around freezing outside and I thought I would add a few sticks fire_smiley to last night's fire. Wrong idea. The door is wide open and it's still hot in here.   smiley_sweat_drop

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

IMERC

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

stonebroke

You can keep it, please.

Stonebroke

IMERC

Quote from: stonebroke on October 28, 2009, 09:49:05 AM
You can keep it, please.

Stonebroke

believe I will...
I like winter...

IMERC

Storm dumps snow on Rockies, plains, more forecast

DENVER - A storm bringing the first heavy snows of autumn to a large swath of the Rockies and western plains crippled parts of Colorado and Wyoming Wednesday, forcing road closures and sending students home early as the region battled up to 2 feet of snow but braced for twice that

http://my.earthlink.net/track?id=1018011&add=1&url=/article/top?guid=20091028/4ae7cfd0_3421_1334520091028-1781353621

SwampDonkey

I've heard about it on the radio, were expecting a foot of new snow. I guess that was off by a bit. :D

Today I saw a flock of snow buntings in the woods, so it ain't too far away from here neither. ;)

IMERC

that 2 foot forcast was a teaser...

can we say 3 feet...

SwampDonkey

We're going to get heavy rain Saturday, if that cheers ya up any. ;)

IMERC

Wind Chill Factor Calculator

Wind Speed (MPH) = 38

Air Temperature (F) =   -21.6

Wind Chill Factor =

Comments =>
I love it...

IMERC

Quote from: SwampDonkey on October 29, 2009, 03:43:49 AM
We're going to get heavy rain Saturday, if that cheers ya up any. ;)

not in the least....

I like what I have...

SwampDonkey

I'll send the white coats out today. ;)

I like winter to, but I can wait just a little longer. :D

IMERC

Quote from: SwampDonkey on October 29, 2009, 04:01:20 AM
I'll send the white coats out today. ;)

awwwww man....
those guys again...

i'll get some coffee put on...

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: SwampDonkey on October 29, 2009, 04:01:20 AM
I like winter to, but I can wait just a little longer. :D

Yep its been in the 40's the last couple days and I've been able to get a lot of work done. The snow needs to hold off just a little bit longer.

Warbird

Welp, it's "officially" hard core winter here in Fairbanks.  -21° F out at the airport this morning.  -19° F here at the house.

Can't complain too much.  We've had a nice easy decline into winter this year.  Still...  bleh.  Time to start burning more firewood.  Thanks God we're able to keep this house as warm as we want.

Warbird

Argh.  Just saw on the news this morning that they are calling for temps colder than -30° F during the nights this week.  Yup.  The heart of winter is definitely here.  *sigh*  Ah well, at least we were prepared for it way ahead of time this year. 

IMERC

the latest storm broke last night...
-2* and intense sunshine all over this new snow....

SwampDonkey

Was in the 50's last week, and above 60 over the weekend with rain Sunday. Today was in the 40's and cooling off with a NW wind. Still nice weather ahead all week though, maybe 5 degrees cooler than last week. November has been warmer than late October so far. ;D

Warbird

Bleh.  Cold front moving in from Siberia or the Arctic.  We might have record breaking cold temps tonight.  -28°F this morning.  We might see temps down to -45°F tonight (current record is -36°F).

Looks like we'll be stoking the fire real good before bedtime.  We need a 'frozen' smiley or a smiley huddled by a wood stove or campfire.  ;)

Magicman

Not cold in Mississippi, but tomorrow is opening day of deer season, and the forecast is rain and unhappy grandsons..... :'(
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

submarinesailor

Quote from: Warbird on November 20, 2009, 10:58:49 AM
Bleh.  Cold front moving in from Siberia or the Arctic.  We might have record breaking cold temps tonight.  -28°F this morning.  We might see temps down to -45°F tonight (current record is -36°F).

Al Gore's gobal warming strikes again.

Bruce

WDH

MM,

I am surprised that the season in MS opens so late.  The gun season has been open in Georgia for a month. 

Weather here is 70 degrees and about perfect.  Rain on the weekend, though.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Norm

I'll do one worse, ours doesn't open until the 1st weekend in December. Last two years have been miserable hunting because of freezing rain and then blizzards.

Radar67

Quote from: WDH on November 20, 2009, 12:39:11 PM
I am surprised that the season in MS opens so late.

Gun season here always opens the Saturday before Thanksgiving.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

SwampDonkey

Warm and hunting don't mix. Deer used to hang behind the hunting camps a few days, so they would get mighty ripe in warm weather.

Serpentine Lake, sometime in the 60's at grandfather's outfitting camp before he retired.

Thank You Sponsors!