iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

The slow rain has been here for a couple of hours.  The temperature has dropped and we are now seeing ice accumulation on the leaves.  Time will tell.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

Below freezing here, but the rain has stopped. About 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice all over everything. Supposed to turn to snow tonite. Tree limbs are drooping but haven't seen or heard any breaking. Ice all over the satellite dish, tv quit, momma's a bit upset but I ain't about to climb a ladder to break the ice off. Plenty of firewood, plenty of groceries, so we'll be fine.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

sandhills

Hope you guys down south are hanging in there, doesn't sound like much fun though, ice makes everything miserable.  Winter showed up here the last 2 days, we got about 10" or so, I would guess, and right now it's as pretty as could be with 6" sitting on the top of every post.  Tonight will take care of that with 30 mph winds, tomorrow start digging out again.  Oh well it is winter I guess. :-\

wwsjr

7 inches at my place. Roads are very bad. DOT ploughing state roads, county roads are almost impassable. Having lived in CO for a few years and elk hunting, I have chains for my trucks. Had to use them this morning to go on Fire Dept emer medical call. Pulled ambl up a couple of hills and got the patient. This part of the country has problems handling this much snow. Predictions are temps near freezing all day and teens tonight.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Raider Bill

I just looked at the radar. We have the bottom of your storm about to hit here. Sky's black, thunder rumbling. We are going to get several inches of rain.

At least I don't have to shovel it.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Magicman

I missed it all.   :D :D  The temperature is supposed to drop into the 20's, but be clear.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

we didnt miss it here yet?!?! in ne ok we started getting snow last night about 9 and light snow all night. this morning with temps about 25  there wasnt much snow on the ground but its comming harder now and we have 2'' on the ground but we are supposed to get less than 6'' total. maybe i will get a good pic tonight and post. cold is what happens next. forcast for us is highs of 30 today and 22 tues,20 wed, and35 thursday with lows of 18, 4, 3, and 14. i will be chopping ice on the ponds befroe thursday for sure. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

Paul, I talked with my Sister in Ponca City, Ok this AM.  Sounded like she got about the same as you.

SwampDonkey

That's all going to miss us up here apparently. We sure don't have much snow and it's 33 today, was 36 yesterday.  ::) Windy today, with cloud.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

paul case

not really to much and most folks here are cautious drivers on frozen roads but the cold(bitterly cold) thats coming is the pits. we usually have 10 to 15 mph winds with it and that realy makes it bite. sure makes me bundle up anyway before i head to the truck. for my family it makes the stove the center of the house instead of the tv  or computer. pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

paul case

my view out the bay window on the ne side  of the house.

looks cold ,dont it .  pc
pc

SwampDonkey

That's about all I've had all winter, maybe an inch more. It wouldn't be hard walking in, but one heck of a time sledding in. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

The upper middle half of Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana got smashed for our normal condition this time of the year.  Icey, Icey, and Icey, and I don't mean the official dog of the Forestry Forum  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Banjo picker

I went in to work Sunday at 2 PM ---I just got off work at 8 30 pm MOnday I think...I got 3 .5 horus sleep in that period...I had already been up all day Sunday...But it was pretty....Here is a pic Debbie took....

8 or 9 inches...Horses are headed for a fresh hay bale...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

fishpharmer

That snow looks much prettier on your place than mine. ;)

Thanks for getting out there and helping make MS roads safer.  Get some rest.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

pineywoods

We didn't get much snow here, out of power for 3 hrs today. Plenty of this

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

WDH

Nasty.  Go North and plague the initiated.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Samuel

-21 C here this morning...-35C with wind chill.  Supposed to get down to -40 in the night later in the week.
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

sandhills

-6 F here this morning, suppose to get to 5 or so today.  I want the winter we were having back :-\

Raider Bill

Cold here 43 but sunny.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

thecfarm

I guess we are in a blizzard. Not snowing hard,good thing too. Snow is blowing sideways.Been snowing since 8AM and we only have about 6 inches.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mark K

Getting hit hard here right now. Just got home from skidding a log truck up a hill to get my last load off the job I'm on and using my skidder as brakes to let him back down the hill. Good day to stay indoors!
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

SwampDonkey

Well, it did nothing here all day until about 5 pm. It's not a heavy snow, very fine and dry with a big wind behind it. By morning I doubt it will look much different than right now. Wouldn't be an inch in the plowed fields a little more in the grassy sections that hold snow. Not enough to sled on yet.  ::)

thecfarm

Poor SwampDonkey,complain about no snow.  ::)  You will have to get together with some other knucklehead at work that looks forward to snow.  ;) Would not bother me if we had no snow at all.It can stay on the mts for the skiers.I know we need it for the trees to protect them against the cold,but I don't need it or like it.
We only have about 6 inches here. But my stepson is about ½ hour from me,kinda south and he has a foot.Suppose to be more of a coastal storm.
Pack that DanG sled of yours up and head south.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I've been told there is snow in Mississippi and Georgia, but that if I go down there I gotta stack timbers.  :-\

Thank You Sponsors!