iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clww

Well, that cold front I was hearing about actually did pass through Sunday evening. We had a frost the last two mornings, even though the temps both mornings was 33 F.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Autocar

Here in west central Ohio it's still rainning it's going to mess around and it will get so wet the guys that have a little crop will have to mud it out. I have skidder problems right now and the shop was full so it has been a waiting game and working between showers of rain and at time it's like a monsoon rain.
Bill

WDH

Bone dry.  About 90 degrees today.  Humid.  Georgia.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

78 and dry inside, but 37 and clear skies outside at this hour. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Started to rain a little Friday afternoon. Rained pretty good Friday night,drizzle off and on through out the day Saturday and been raining steady from about 10 am to now. But the race is on in Dover. Where's the race car diver smiley??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

I am the race car driving smiley!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

Where's the link?  ;D  ;D  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

:o  We got over 4" of rain yesterday and last night.  Everything is either clean or washed off.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Pictures of my mug break cameras!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

SwampDonkey

It's been wet here for a couple days, well since early afternoon yesterday. I need to change the batteries in the weather machine. It's not registering the rain accurately. I'm sure we've had more than 0.5". ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Was a beautiful Tuesday here after the 3-4 days of rain we had. Was warm out first thing in the morning and the sun was out for most of the day.Temps in the 70's.

Burlkraft

So foggy this morning I can't see the shop from the house. :o
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sprucebunny

Yes, Tuesday was nice weather but the blackflies were out  :o Too busy slapping myself to get much done  :D
I don't remember seeing blackfies in the fall before....
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

SwampDonkey

Yes it was nice. No flies here, but we had bumble bees about. Another nice warm one here today. I went for a 6 mile walk just before the sun got over the hill. The mountain is in full colors.  8) ;D

blackfoot griz

We had an inch or so of...snow this morning.  Hopefully it will help smother some of the forest fires in the region.  Getting really sick of the smoke!

sawguy21

Had a touch of frost this morning but clear and warm during the day, supposed to hit 21C, 70F, on the weekend. We have gone three months with little more than a sprinkle of rain, driest spell in over a hundred years and end is not in sight. Forest service is still on alert, fire danger is high to extreme in most of the province.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

lumberjack48

Snowing right now, blizzard warning, this should put the fires out.  8)
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

SwampDonkey

Suppose to be some warm showers ans rain here into the weekend and nearly 70. You mid-westerners sure have had some cold spells already. For what I've been doing lately in the woodlot a little cold would be welcome. Pole pruning. ;D

Magicman

It's cooling down here, but I am looking forward to being in Colorado in two weeks.....for two weeks.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

JohnM

Quote from: Magicman on October 04, 2012, 01:51:16 PM
It's cooling down here, but I am looking forward to being in Colorado in two weeks.....for two weeks.   :)

Jealous.  Would love to get back out there and get 'my' elk that I came oh so close to getting when we lived out there.

As for weather, cloudy all day, went for a walk and tried to kick up some partridge (grouse for those from away  ;) ).  Flushed a couple but it was so thick I never even saw them.  Started to rain so I headed home.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

hardtailjohn

Day before yesterday, we got a shot of snow about 200' higher than the house. It stuck around for a day, but is now gone.
It was a balmy 9 here this morning at 8am.  Guess summer's on it's way out.
Still no elk bugling yet.....
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

Autocar

Here in Ohio it's rainning again we went all summer with no rain and now it's looks like it's going to get to wet to work. Ive been making repairs on my skidder and just gave up today because of the down pours. Suppose to cool off  low in the thirtys and highs in the high fiftys and low sixtys.
Bill

lumberjack48

34 degrees, windy, and light snow, this would be a good duck hunting day.

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

chevytaHOE5674

39*, rain/snow on and off, winds around 30 mph with gust up to 55 mph or so. Downright ugly day outside.

thecfarm

blackfoor griz,what have you got for a growing season? We can count on 90 days,but i push the season on both ends.
Was another warm day here. We did have a cold spell but it warmed up just like it usually does. But we have rain and cold coming in from you MI guys. The coldest I've had was 31.

Thank You Sponsors!