The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Army M-105 TIRES, fit Duece and trailers (keepiing trailers)  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Ironwood

• Senior Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
    • http://www.branchandburl.com
Army M-105 TIRES, fit Duece and trailers (keepiing trailers)
« on: August 11, 2008, 09:14:38 AM »
Two rolling frames w/ parking brakes, and a "decked"  Genset trailer. 3 total. Tires on the one trailer w/ out the jack (front resting on a log) has brand new 9-20 tires. All tires are seviceable. These are big, see 5 gallon bucket in pictures for scale. These would make a good log arch for a crawler, or 35 HP or bigger tractor. I got what I wanted off of them, and now they need to go. The Genset trailer I used to haul dirt, and dump it from the lunet w/ my big forklift. I pulled the body off the one M-105 to make a offical dumping trailer. CHEAP, $250 for the Genset trailer, $150 for the rolling frame w/ landing gear, and $100 for the rolling frame w/out landing gear (this one has new tires on it), OR all for $450.  PM me if interested. Celeric was looking at an arch in "Wanted section" he get first crack if one of these will work.  Thanks Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Offline Ironwood

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: 2 Army M-105 trailers running gear and 1 M-? Genset Trailer
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 04:30:03 PM »
Well, I am too tight! I just called the local spring shop and they wanted $250 for two springs to "help my F150 when loaded. I measured and D$%%^ these are the same width and exact legnth I need. So, I think I will just keep them and piece them out, using the extra springs and mounts for another 18,000 lb trailer I need to build. Celeric may want one as well.

So, add now should read ARMY Duece Tires/ Rims  9-20's $50 each

Thanks For looking.

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Offline rebocardo

• Senior Member x2
  • Atlanta GA
    • Share Post
Re: Army M-105 TIRES, fit Duece and trailers (keepiing trailers)
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 08:28:49 PM »
> these are the same width and exact legnth I need.

Your frame should be 34" wide so many other things (hitches etc) will swap over from the military stuff too. Try using those double wrapped military springs, they are sweet. One of the small benefits of the earlier Fords.   8)

Offline Ironwood

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Army M-105 TIRES, fit Duece and trailers (keepiing trailers)
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 09:24:43 PM »
I guess earlier means 2000? Both my Fords are 2000's. I felt kinda silly after looking at the spriings and realizing I would have to spend more on parts later if I sold these. Sometimes my creativity gets me running in circles, but after a quick call to the spring shop I realized the value of what was staring me in the face. I was ready to pay them the $250 for two measly springs, then for my heavy trailer later I would need to buy a TON more for that. I looked at the u bolts on my F-150  and they are plenty long to throw and extra sping or two and still have some thread left. I just wish my forks on the forklift were long enough to lift it up in the air (I do that with my junker Toyota Tacoma that I beat around town in ::)). 

Ironwood

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
log trailers

Started by redneck logger on Forestry and Logging

6 Replies
Last post December 25, 2008, 07:19:44 AM
by SwampDonkey
xx
Log trailers ???

Started by BargeMonkey on Forestry and Logging

14 Replies
Last post October 28, 2018, 08:35:14 PM
by Oliver05262