iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This Oughta Get Yer Attention

Started by Fla._Deadheader, September 07, 2008, 12:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalspinner

OWW,
It's not paying the taxes that upsets most of us, but how the money is spent by those doing the collecting.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

SPIKER

OWW:

I remember very distinctly when Clinton stated pretty much the exact same thing as Obama I won't raise taxes on middle & lower class.  ya right.   when his term was up we were paying the highest taxes around, more than any other president prior or since.   Carter was 2nd I think (something like that) these were facts per CNN (if you watch mister Kudro & Company on CNN)   Kudro is not for either candidate but has all the facts in front of him and grills the heck out of BOTH parties people whom are there already.   He also has a lot of shows on Banks, Companies & Company Presidents that get big bucks.  Hes seems to be a bit of an jerk many times but I like the fact that he don't pull his punches.   I admit I haven't heard much from McCain regarding his tax plans other than keeping the Bush Tax Cuts. and making it better for working families.   McCain also seems to have a lot less government expenderaturs that Obama has added a ton of Government interventions for the lower class and people who don't want to work and has plans of taking it from anyone whom is working or owns a buisness making some money.   I'm gettin into stock market and under his plan I'll loose pretty much all of my profits (though the last 3 days I've lost it all back due to bad crashes.) he wasnt to kale a great deal of that away.   McCain wants the tax code re-written & simplified.  I'm all for that for sure... (I have not idea what that means but that is what was said prior by the McCain camp that they want tax code all redone...)

This is what I would like to see.

I wouldn't mind a flat or stepped tax system but needs to be simple no deductions if you make 50K a year with 3 kids no taxes are paid by you,  if you are single and make 35K/year or less no taxes.  next step up pays 5% taxes 75k/yr family 50ksingle pay 5% income to IRS   next step up 100K family & 75Ksingle pay 10% keep going up to say over 1million you pay 35% taxes.   if you are stupid rich then pay something like 50%.  this would pay out national dept of in a few years and then the tax rates all can drop a great deal..   though I also thing the GOV HAS to stop spending stupid amounts of OUR money.....

Just MY two cents...
Mark M

I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

OneWithWood

Population growth is one of the real issues causing a strain on the earth and government.

Why continue to encourage folks to hatch kids with the tax code?
Families with kids consume way more tax dollars than those without.  Why is it deemed a good thing to require those without to pay proportunately way more?

I am not anti-family, though I think it is only prudent to limit your family to two children. 

How about allowing deductions for dependants to max out at two?
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

beenthere

OWW
I have no problem with that limit....but I'd go one step more and ask why not for a flat tax (suggest 5%) and have NO DEDUCTIONS at all...nada. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

flip

Quote from: OneWithWood on September 12, 2008, 01:58:09 PM
Population growth is one of the real issues causing a strain on the earth and government.

Families with kids consume way more tax dollars than those without.  Why is it deemed a good thing to require those without to pay proportunately way more?

I am not anti-family, though I think it is only prudent to limit your family to two children. 

That statement needs to be checked.  Handouts and government programs, not tax deductions propigate un checked baby havin'.  Irresponsibility has lead to the explosion of broken families and our all caring and benevolent government has seen fit to give out checks to these people.  2 kids?  That's fine, but who is going to put up the Welcome to China sign at the border and who will be providing the free sterilization, oh yea, our benevolant govt. ::)
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

SPIKER

Quote from: OneWithWood on September 12, 2008, 01:58:09 PM

OWW  I can't argue with that!

I'm all for limiting tax deductions, that is how so many working poor have found an easy income.   (I'll give you direct info from some people that live in my old house and I'm land contracting it to them)   they both hardly every work, have 4 kids and get back something like 2 or 3 grand MORE than they pay in to taxes due to earned income tax credits ect.  they have their heat paid for by the gas company, electric paid by electric company and the like.  they also get food stamps and welfare pays all medical bills...   on the other hand, I have no kids am not married work my @$$ off and do every thing I can to make money and all I get usually at end of year is a bigger tax bill...

Under OBAMA i will be paying even more money simply due to the fact I have no kids I earn money and I invest some of the money I earn I have money in the bank (get a little interest) and have a 401K all of which under his plan goes against me. even though I'm working my butt off I will loose money so might as well sell every thing off an live off the other sucker that are breaking their backs to earn$  one good thing is Obama will open up the borders to illegal aliens come into USA AND make them pay taxes too so i can go onto welfare? :x  but then again he wants to let them bring all their families & kids along to get educated and pay them to go to school/collage so they can earn better living & pay more taxes.  lol

Sorry about the rant.  just when I see ANYONE say they will cut taxes on the middle class it has been found that 95% of the time they later say it can't be done so instead they will raise them on everyone...   Bush tax cuts aside they actually have helped me as well as the 600 back was spent as well on car parts.   

But I don't really remember him (G W Bush) saying he would cut taxes all that much. but then every thing changed 7 years and 1 day ago just after Bush took office, so any plans he had were tossed out in favor of rebuilding military and FBI/CIA/Security sector that were hammered under Clinton...   

EDIT IN:
beenthere: I'm all for that my tax bill would drop significantly!  though I think 5% is not enough.   I like the stepped method above I posted. but a flat tax is fine too... 

FLIP:  Yep I totally agree.  I dated a lot of SINGLY baby mommas that would have 3, 4 or 5 kids all by different dads...  yep collecting welfare and not working and not going to school, (needless to say I didn't date them long!)   They limited time you could be on welfare back a few years but there was a stipulation that if you had anuther kid you got to stay on 2 more years longer. so there was an incentive to keep having em as well as you got more $ from gov for extra kid...   go figure.. oh I think that was like 10 yrs ago now?
Mark

John Mc

Quote from: SPIKER on September 10, 2008, 07:49:08 PM
I remember very distinctly when Clinton stated pretty much the exact same thing as Obama I won't raise taxes on middle & lower class.  ya right.   when his term was up we were paying the highest taxes around, more than any other president prior or since.

Now, the government is spending much more (even before you count spending the war in Iraq), they're just not taking in the money in taxes to support that level of spending. We are living on borrowed money, which our kids and grandkids will have to pay. DanG irresponsible, if you ask me. Our government (and us as citizens) need to learn to live within our means.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

SPIKER

just a added note:  this is a tax plan chart from an investing forum, it is GENERAL I guess so...

Here it is seems if you are really rich Obama might really be getting you taxed lol 

http://seekingalpha.com/article/95350-can-we-please-have-some-sanity-when-it-comes-to-taxes?source=email

seems that they are letting Leighmans Brothers go belly up too as of Sat evening, and they even opened stock market yesterday to let insiders try & sell off parts of it!?!?!?   They also mentioned that AIG (big bank/stock/insurer is also on the chopping blocks so watch out..!)   If you have any stock in Ford/GM or a 401K managed by someone else you may want to get rid of it !?  maybe heading  for a collapse soon y a few articals I'm reading
Mark

Thank You Sponsors!