iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The 65mpg Ford the USA can't have

Started by StorminN, September 16, 2008, 03:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Mc

Quote from: StorminN on September 23, 2008, 08:18:49 PM
What if it was something like this F-150 that gets 40mpg?

40mpg+ F-150 hybrid

Impressive. That's more truck than I need, but at 40 MPG, it's a whole lot better than the small gas pickups I've been considering.

The usefulness of MPG as a measure drops a lot when you're dealing with a vehicle that runs in part on electricity generated from another source. Still, it's cheaper (and in many cases cleaner) than generating it from the vehicle's gas engine. If I ever get around to putting up a win turbine or PV, this would dovetail nicely.

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

moonhill

I did not see the cost of the conversion for the F-150, is that known?  Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

SPIKER

MANY of you are probably already a member here but this is a interesting link to some info about getting more mileage out of the car/truck with different mods ect with some interesting links ect. 
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/

there is one on page 8 talking about 100+MPG carb & how it works with links even...  it SOUNDS good but I only read about 1/3 of the link in that part.

the tractor ending conversion post. it is LONG but has some good info plus some BS politics as usual at this time of the year...

Mark M
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Thank You Sponsors!