iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Personality Types?

Started by Woolywolf, October 17, 2008, 10:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Toolman

Why hello!! You can just call me Warren Buffet. Please don't call me Queen Elizabeth!!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

Jeff

Hey Warren, I got a favor to ask of ya... :D ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Toolman

Sorry, did'nt you hear? I just invested a bunch into the market. Wonder if it'll be there next week? :-\
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

Cedarman

ESTJ  for whatever that is worth.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

jbpaxton

Hello; First Post
I came up INTJ, could be right, I have an ME degree, worked in hydraulic research for John Deere 67 to 74. Got fed up with the politics and some of the people I had to work with, and bought a dairy farm in Wis.  In 81 bought a Machine shop got a Frick sawmill with it. Never did very much sawing with it and sold it to the Amish. Sold the shop in 89 and since have worked as a machinest for a local manufacturer.

My youngest son is now on the farm (beef and crops/no Dairy), I take care of the woods (40 acres hardwoods and 50 acres plantation pine planted 89). I bought an old woodmizer 93 I think, a couple years ago, 24 HP Onan w/hyds. do some custom sawing and saw out what comes out of my woods.

Jim
jbpaxton

WDH

Jb,

Glad to have you on-board even if you are an introvert ;D.  Just kidding.  Introverts are not as aggravating and intense as us extroverts :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

metalspinner

Has anyone checked for their "compatible" personality and had their spouse take the test?  It lined up perfectly for us. 8)

Something that might be interesting is to have your spouse take the test as they see you. ???
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

WDH

No point in creating marital dis-harmony ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

Quote from: WDH on November 04, 2008, 06:18:55 PM
No point in creating marital dis-harmony ;D.

I HOID DAT!! My second ex-wife was "into" all those psychobabble tests in the Women's magazines.  Every time she found one and filled it out, she'd be pithed off for a week!  You know the ones I mean.  If your husband is a neatnick, he's runnin' around on ya.  If he's a slob, he's runnin' around on ya.  If he's in between, well, he's runnin' around on ya.  If he plays hooky from work sometimes, he must have a girlfriend somewhere.  If he never plays hooky from work, well that means he has a girlfriend at work.

If ya didn't pick up on it, I don't care much for these kind of tests. :D :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

isawlogs

Dang , are you telling us you where running around .... why around and not ina straight line .. running circles gets me deesy  ???

I would let her take the test but would be afraid she would come out as a woodworker ....  :-\ Got enough dress designers fur one house .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Whit Spurzon

timberfaller390

L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

JimMartin9999

The FF seems to have lots of INTJĀ“s and I am another on, but I looked up the description of some of the other types, at least some of the general characteristics applied to me , too.
Jim

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

bushmechanic

You may as well chaulk up another INTJ as I am one as well.Read on there on the site and saw something about a mastermind,and I can honestly say I'm not one of those because I'm a mechanic who works in the bush!

captain_crunch

Now that test can't be right my group consisted of
Yogi Bear
Captain Caveman
Sylvester
You guys sure it is leg ::) ::)
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

ljmathias

Actually, this test pegged me pretty well and described the career I pursued for over 35 years... sometimes even a blind pig in the forest finds an acorn.

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Dana

I would guess that there are a few intj's who haven't shown up at the pig roast. Now we all know why.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Phorester

ENTJ for me.

I then aswered the questions as my supervisor thinks and he came out as SOB. 

motohed

Quote from: Jeff on October 18, 2008, 08:29:11 AM
INTJ

Computer Programming        
Natural Science   
Natural Science Education   
Engineering      
Management
Management   
Entrepreneurship   
Social Service
Law   
Librarian

Jeez, how much more accurate could that be as applied to the Forestry Forum.  They gave me a rather weird range of famous people with similar types.

Stephen Hawking, Andrew Grove, Marie Curie, Guy Kawasaki, Igor Sikorsky, Hillary Clinton

Welcome to the Forestry Forum WoolyWolf :)

Ditto for me Jeff , I was INTJ also , I am not sure that about the people comparisons , but who knows .  Welcome WoolyWolf  , I am also addicted to this forum ,it's a wonderful family so enjoy .

Best Regards Scott

venice

Looks like i am in good company here. But i've been aware of that before.  :D

INTJ as well.

venice

VT_Forestry

INTJ...birds of a feather I suppose :)
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

Sprucegum

I got an ISTP and that's 82% introverted so I guess I don't want to talk about it - and neither does Charles Bronson  :-X

Hilltop366

Istj...... for what it is worth

Test are like surveys..... ask the right questions to get the answer you want.

I once had a english teacher that asked a question on a test that went something like this,

"read the following story an write what you think it means"

So I did and she marked my answer as wrong! I told her that she wasn't much of an english teacher if she can ask me what I think something means to me and the not give me credit for the answer, I told her the next time she better ask what I think she thinks it means.  :D

I still did't pass the test.

Thank You Sponsors!