iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who has a Concealed Carry??

Started by pappy19, November 27, 2008, 09:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpgreen

That is the great thing about being in an armed community-

Even the worst of the worst in these parts has second thoughts about tresspass and theivery, as they run the risk of getting something blown off, or becoming DRT. 

A friend of mine is going through a nasty divorce. His wife filed a bogus restraining order, and he had to turn in all of his guns to the FFL in Hayfork.

When he finally had his day in court in front of our county Judge, the judge immediately rescinded the order after the situation was presented to him.  One of his comments was, "A man needs his guns in Trinity County."

That's my kind of judge...  ;D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

jpgreen

Eric-

I forgot about you being up here. There is a guy who needs a lot of milling done, and I don't mill for people very often, and I'm just to busy to do it for him.

PM me if you would like his name and number.
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

pineywoods

I was about ready to get one a while back. 500 yards through the woods behind my place is a shut-down high school. Bunch of city folks came up with a plan to lease it from the state and use it for a half-way house for druggies and convicts. There ain't so much as a fence and I'm the nearest house through the woods. I told the local sheriff that if that deal went through I'd be carrying a sidearm, maybe 2, and the wife also, permit or not. We killed the deal by threatening a lawsuit to force them to install a million dollar sewer plant instead of dumping raw sewer on the neighbors like the school did for decades.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

pappy19

Can Canadians get a CCL? I know that the Canadian citizens as a whole can't, but can say a person out in the woods, on his own property, protect himself from bears and wolves with a pistol and get a CCL?
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Mike_Barcaskey

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

southview

I don't have a permit but could get one if I wanted but I try and stay away from any situation that would require me to need one.  I feel if someone wants to get a permit to carry one let them it is their right.  I do have guns and one loaded in the house for protection reasons and will always have one even if they (politicians) take that right away.  I however don't worry about the crazed person who goes off the deep end and starts shooting things up because it is far to rare and I got more things to worry about.  I do however worry about the government and agree that the second amendment was to protect ourselves from the government.  I think that having a largely armed civilized nation is keeping our elected officals somewhat inline. 

As this topic is quite interesting and I have enjoyed reading the comments I wondering what tone the topic would take if it was on a fashion forum or a how to decorate your house forum.

cheyenne

Not having a piece in my boot is like like having warm beer and slow horses......Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

Tom

Concealed carry?  Guns in the house?   Wouldn't folks like to know?  I doubt I would say one way or the other.  If they want to put my life in jeopardy, let them guess as to whether I can defend myself or not.   They might be surprised for an instant.

Texas Ranger

Hmmm, an instant into eternity.  Yep, concealed carry, and an armed public, does have it's collateral benefits, namely the inability to tell a wolf from a lamb.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

scsmith42

Quote from: DanG on December 08, 2008, 01:44:27 PM
I just heard on the news that those with permits will now be allowed to carry in National Parks, as long as it doesn't violate State laws. :) :)

DanG, I heard today that Obama rescinded this.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Bill

Quote from: scsmith42 on January 25, 2009, 11:38:36 PM
Quote from: DanG on December 08, 2008, 01:44:27 PM
I just heard on the news that those with permits will now be allowed to carry in National Parks, as long as it doesn't violate State laws. :) :)

DanG, I heard today that Obama rescinded this.

Ouch  -   I was hoping it would stick . . . 

I didn't think he had time yet  . . .

Tom_in_Mo.

I am afraid that we are going to see alot of rescinding. >:(

Chico

I do and put it on just like my britches wouldn't walk out the door with out it
I don't understand why people make gun laws thinking that criminals care That's why they're criminals I've seen too many situations in that if one person had a gun and used it would have saved many lives
Chico
My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

caz

National park carry was never recinded, It's still ok

I have a permit and carry at all times except when sleeping and then it's only a reach away.

In Ohio you can even open carry without a pemit and,conceal carry with a permit while hunting'

My neighbors think I'm crazy to but, are not afraid to come over to have something welded or repaired or do you have a bolt this size you guys know what I mean.  Gotta luv em

cheyenne

I don't care what they say......Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

turkeyhtrb

I've had a ccp for 40 years. My wife has had hers for 20. It's only been the past few years that I've used it. With harder times coming I can see where it may become something I do all the time.

DRB

Here in Washington a CPL is available for the asking assuming you pass the background check and pay your money.  Open carry is legal with no permit though it makes the cops nervous in Seattle if you pack heat openly.  I have had a permit about 20 years now but carry only rarely.  I know others that carry all the time. I have a cousin who moved here from San Fran so he could carry all the time.  In Kalifornia the sheriff decides who gets a permit and in some counties that is no one. My wife has a permit as well and likes her S&W 317 with pink Ajax grips.  The big advantage here is that the state has a 5 day waiting period on handguns which is waived if you have a permit.  This is really important in a state where you can find a bargain 300 miles from home but still in state.  Not worth going back a week later.  Washington has a uniform firearms law on the books as well so no city can deny you.  Our crime rate is low to average certainly much lower then Chicago where you can not own a handgun.

splitter

The confiscation of weapons will make our policemans jobs easier and our streets safer, and other countries will follow our lead. Adolf Hitler.      Splitter

Texas Ranger

Woodwalker

Quote from: Texas Ranger on April 15, 2009, 09:53:03 AM
Some are harder to conceal.

I like Sigs, and what's wrong with open carry?
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Texas Ranger

Not a thing, but can you imagine an east Texas sheriff seeing this one on the your hip?

Norm

I just completed my CC class this week.

Iowa recently changed their state law regarding the requirements to have one. Presently you have to apply at your county of residence's sheriffs department to get one. They can deny you a license for a number of reasons most of which make sense, like a felony conviction and such. But many times folks got denied for less than good reasons. Each county's department was different in their standards they used. The county I live in has a very anti handgun sheriff who denied more of the permits than he approved. This year that was changed by the state legislature. Now they have no control over the standards and can only run a background check for very specific things. When this was being debated you'd have thought the old west was coming to Iowa according to the sheriff spokespersons that the media quoted, luckily it passed and will become law on January 2011.

I've had several folks I know ask why on earth I want a CC permit. To them their is no explanation because just by the question I know they have no idea why it is important that us regular folks can have a gun. When the ones most against it are law enforcement that should be an indicator as to why it's important. Am I anti law, no, I'm anti a certain class of people having control over me.

Will I carry a gun come January 2011? Most likely not but it's nice to know I can if needed.

Texas Ranger

One advantage is that with a CCL there is no federal background check when you purchase a new firearm.  The CCL background check here in Texas in far more in depth than the instant background.

Patty

I am taking the Concealed Carry Class in September to be prepared when the law changes in January. I am not a law breaker nor am I out looking for trouble. But if trouble finds me, I want to be able to protect myself. Also, as was pointed out at the class Norm took, if your spouse has a gun in the console of the car/truck and you jump in to drive it and get pulled over for some reason....without your own CC permit, you will be arrested. It can be as innocent as that, and it is not something I want to encounter.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Mooseherder

I took the Concealed Weapons class in Novenber of 2006.
Still have all the Paper work to send in.  Gotta get my fingerprints at the Sheriff's Office first and update a picture. ::)
Ours gets reviewed by the Fl. Dept. of Ag. and Consumer Services, Div. of Licensing.
I'll send it in some day soon. :D
I bet it is a pain in the Butt to carry up until the day God forbid you really needed it.

Thank You Sponsors!