iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anybody use Sketchup for designing?

Started by Dodgy Loner, December 10, 2008, 07:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgy Loner

Very nice!  I like the clean, traditional design :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

woodbowl

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on December 29, 2008, 08:05:31 PM
Google has a database where you can upload your own designs and download designs that others have done.  There are thousands and thousands of woodworking designs on there.  It's fun to browse through and see what others have done!

I just ran across the Google 3D warehouse. Is this what your talking about?

I plan to download sketchup soon and I see there are 2 main versions, SketchUp 7 and SketchUp Pro 7. Which is the most popular, easier to use ect?
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Radar67

Olen, the Pro version will cost. I am running the free version and it has done everything I have wanted so far. They both function the same, except the Pro version has so extra features.

I tend to lean more toward the traditional and simple design in my furniture. I want to step it up a notch and try to get into more "creative" and rustic designs though.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Thank You Sponsors!