iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Midwest Forest Products Show

Started by sawyerkirk, July 28, 2003, 05:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin_H.

Yea we got a group pic, but on a reg. camera, so it will take a couple days to get the disk back.

Tammy took one on her digital camera, maybe jeff can load it up during one of his stops on the way home.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

whitepe

Jeff and Tammy are stopping  by here
on their way home.  Should be here about 5:00 PM.  8)
We'll eat some of Becky's lasagna and then
I'll try to persuade him to post some pics.   :)
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Bibbyman

Last I seen of Jeff and Tammy them,   they were runnin' late getting away from the Show.  They were talking with a couple more FF guys.  I think it was about 2:00 when I seen the wave and walk tword the truck.

We did a lot of visiting today.  Hardly got away from the Wood-Mizer area.  Lots of old friends and made some new ones  8)

The Bibbyman and Pro-Sawyer Mary's 3500 Dodge did park next to the Baker trucks on the parking lot.  

I went through the Baker demo area a couple of times on Friday and once today looking for Tom Stout of Baker.  I've visited with him a lot at shows but if he was at this one,  I missed him.  Maybe next time.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

I think that we are now seeing who the undercover Baker guy is.
ARKANSAWEYR
ARKANSAWYER

ronwood

Jeff, Bibbyman, and Buzz-sawyer.  

Thanks for taking the time to visit. It was good to meet some of those who participate on the forum.

In the next several of days I will post some pictures of my mill and woodworking projects I have done in the past.

Off to the RAM's game to watch my first pro football game in person.
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Bibbyman

Come to think about it...What ever happened to Bojangle?   He made three posts and then he's gone. He should have his mill by now I'd think.  ???

Thank you Bibbyman

Next time I see Tom Stout I'll hit him up for a hat or something. ;)
Sawing since '94

Ed_Baker

Hey Bibbyman, just wanted to compliment you on the nice pictures you posted earlier!  ;)

Just wondering what everyone thought about the St. Charles Show.

Tom Stout will be representing Baker at the Ozark Fall Farm Fest, we're sending a different crew up to Paul Bunyan.

Ed

By the way...what did Arkansawyer mean by the "Undercover Baker Guy" ?  ???
Ed Baker
CEO/Owner
Baker Products

ronwood

Ed,

I had a chance to stop and look at the demo's of your large bandsaw. Nice and solid saw.  Unforturnatly when I was looking it was just to big for me to pull around with my 1/2 ton pickup. Tom was nice enough to talk with me at length about the mill when I was considering it.

;)

Thanks  
Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum!

The weather was a little like Missouri weather.  I guess it has a right to be.  I went to bed Thrusday evening thinking there was no chance of rain and woke up to thunderstorms that keep everyone damp all day.  Saturday was to be windy but wasn't so much.  Again they dropped the rain from the forecast.  But it rained about 2:00pm when we left.

I thought there were fewer exhibitors than when they had it at the Cape a couple of years ago.  Maybe more than last year.  Maybe too many shows this time of year for everyone to show up.  We use the shows to stock up on little items you have to order otherwise.  We did buy a log grapple from Lund

I didn't see a swinger mill there at all.  Many of the bandmill guys didn't show.  There were  - WM, Baker,  Keener, 21 Sawshop,  maybe I missed someone were there.

The "Undercover Baker Guy" started with this picture I took of
ARKANSAWYER at the Baker booth at the Ozark Farm Fest last fall.

Then Arky posted this picture....

And it got blown up to read...

Now Arky is trying to say I'm in cahoots with Baker just to take the heat off'n him.  Also,  click on the "Thank You Bibbyman" above to take you to a testimonial from Bojangles where Mary and I inspired him to buy a mill - a Baker mill.

Looks like we're not going to get to go to Paul Bunyan this year.  Too much work to do.  If we get rained out,  maybe we'll make it to Ozark Farmfest again and I'll see Tom there.
Sawing since '94

ElectricAl

Welcome to Ed and Baker Products 8)

Looking forward to meeting some of the "Blue" team ;D

ElectricAl
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Thank You Sponsors!