iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

576xp

Started by cb6048, February 26, 2009, 08:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cb6048

Well i went down to my husky dealer(whom I have dealt with for 20 years)yesterday fully intending to buy one of his last couple 372xps. Well the factory representative/supplier was there, lets just say 11/2 hours later I'm driving home with a 576xp! Suppose to be some saw. They say just .5lb heavier than the 372 but 20% more hp and better low end torque but big gas savings 372 will run 19min per tank the 576 will run 39min with same size tank full. Not that gas was a huge deal for me as I just cut for my own outdoor wood boiler and am not in the wood business, but thought guys in the business would find that interesting. Anyway it ended up costing me only 60 bucks more than the 372, but my dealer threw in a 24" bar w/2 chains,case of xp synthetic oil,gallon of husky b&c oil,bar cover,and best of all the new xp hat! Oh ya and gave me 50 bucks more for my 266 than I expected.

I thought that was a smoking deal ,but I can find nothing on the Internet about this saw.....not even on the husky web site whats up with that?
Today my brother in law wants to have a saw off his 372xp vs my 576xp I will report the results later today or tomorrow.

I don't know to much about this saw hope I made the right choice, anyone who knows anything about these saws please feel free to add your 2 cents! This is not the 575 I know all about that saw.

Thanks Pete the new guy.
when hell freezes over I'll snowmobile there too

cb6048

All so I was wondering if there was a "break-in" procedure with a new saw, I've had new saws in the past but they were much cheaper so i just ran 'em, but this was the most money I have ever spent on a saw and wanted to do it right.
Thanks Pete
when hell freezes over I'll snowmobile there too

missourilogger

who won the show off
i Was here

and here

logger444

the problem with the 575 was the muffllers would snap off. hopefully the 576 is better. Smokers won't like this 39 minute gas tank saw.  :D

Dave Shepard

Smokers? You mean one-handed workers? :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

BCtimber

Well my 575 is a fantastic saw so if this is the latest model then its probably a good thing! 

Thank You Sponsors!