iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawlex 2009!

Started by Jeff, May 28, 2009, 08:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

You can all come to mine for the weekend. First one in August.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

What is Burlcraft doing with your camera,anyways?  ::)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

He ups''d it to me. I have it now. I got a few photos I'm going to put on later but I am required to be at the Clare county court house this morning for Jury Duty.

Bibbyman

Anyone get a picture of the WM single blade edger that someone mentioned?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Dan_Shade

think LT10 of edgers, Bibby

they have a flier for it.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

MartyParsons

I cant help you on the edger, it worked pretty well. I think they had some mods to make to it. There were other new products on display ( Sorry no Pictures). Dual tooth setter hand crank, Hydraulic turner kit for a LT40 non hydraulic with the Bibbyman HSS kit, New resaw attachment. This will do wider boards and resaw slabs it is wide belt driven. Electric Winch to operate the turner and to load logs on the LT28 and LT40 models.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Mooseherder

Y'all went to Sawlex and all I got was two shirts and a Hat. :) ;D
I was really disappointed about not being able to attend again but was surprised when these showed up today.   My wife ordered them when my new SW Magazine came in as a surprise.  Today is our 28th Wedding anniversary and as luck would have it, they showed up in time.  I needed a new hat real bad so it was good timing.   Wish I could have been there but at least I have some clothes. 8)

WH_Conley

At least you are not  nekked. :D
Bill

TeaW

This is the firewood splitter competition on the first day. The OSB frames that had two holes - 6 by 6 inches and 4 by 9 inches were set up and every stick had to pass through it or go back and be re split. There has to be rules and it was the same for everyone but that wood had to really be split fine.

This is the firewood processor competition on the second day,some of the elevators could reach the trailers.
Some of the people I talked to thought it was a double standard that the splitters were held to such a high standard and all the the processor's had to do was cut wood to length and split any way they wanted. Some only had a 4 way split on a 16" block.Hard to have rules for everything ,probably the market place is the best judge.
TeaW

Jeff

One of the nearly 1000 entries to try and win the wood burning

The Scene when Kevin Bantles hollers , Hey, Charge that guy double!

Steven1 left holding the bag

This feller was spotted in the sawmill and woodlot booth.

Kevin Bantles practicing for a visit to the sawmill and woodlot booth

This is the look you get when you give the gal from sawmill and woodlot a partial plate of cookies, then pull out a whole new tray while she is still looking. :)

This guy look familiar? It's the full timer Part timer.

Fla._Deadheader

Looks ta ME like, That's a pretty BIG ole boy, for kevin to pick on.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Maybe Kevin was practicin for   :-* :-* :-* :-*  ::) ::)  ;D ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

He was talking about that feller there to the left. Thats Cedarman. :)

HSV

Some great photos there guys, thanks heaps for sharing them for those of us who couldn't make it.

Seeing that picture of Part-Timer near broke my heart, Tom and Kate, I miss you!!!

Thank You Sponsors!