iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log turner for an LT15

Started by Qweaver, September 07, 2009, 03:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawwood

Look in my photo gallery and look at what we use. Its a hitch winch on a swing arm
with the battery to power it. We use it to roll the logs onto the mill and to turn them.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Dany7

I use to read this forum very often, but this is my first post.
From last monday, I am sawing every afternoon pine logs around 7 metres long (22 feet).
They are green and heavy (800 to 1000 kg).
To turn them on the LT15 bed, I use an engine crane. It's the model you can by everywhere in Europe, its price is around 150 euros.
The wheels are removed, the crane is trailed on the ground, with ropes, to be placed under the saw bed. It is a little slow, but I can turn heavy logs with this little crane.
Dany

paul case

i like that.
i had one of those engine hoists behindof my old m-14 belsaw with a hook from a cant hook on a piece of chain that i used for a log turner. worked real good and wasnt too slow either. manual hydraulics ;D.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

thecfarm

Dany7,glad you decided to post. Nice picture you posted too. Looks like a good idea you have there. Like the way you raised the mill up in the air too.I always like to know,what's all the lumber being used for? You cutting trees on your land?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dany7

I saw these logs for my brother.
He wants to make a floor on his wodworking shop.
I try to obtain long beams : 290 mm (11") x 90 mm (3"1/2) x 6.4 m (21') and boards 34 mm thik.
When the log is right I can make 2 or 3 beams.
These logs, cut on last november, were sold to my brother by the owner of  a forest at about 1 km of the village.
It was very easy to pick them up in the forest and to transport them on a short distance.
Dany

paul case

oh and welcome dany7. good to have you aboard.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Dany7

Thank you, Thecfarm and thank you Paul Case.
Dany

WDH

That is a nice shiny mill.  My LT15 is not that shiny anymore  :).  Welcome to the Forum, Dany.

Danny
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!