iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What do ya keep in your pockets.....Besides sawdust ?

Started by woody1, September 20, 2009, 08:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don K

LF- pocketknife, work keys on a nail clipper
RF- change
LR- address/ph # book
RR- billfold

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Raider Bill

LF wallet [for same reason, cyatic nerve pain]
RF coin, small pen knife
LR hankerchief
RR small pad

Keys and cell hang on belt.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

pineywoods

Not much sawdust, it dribbles out the holes and falls down into my open top boots. Change, pocket knife, 2 sets of keys, small channel lock pliers, led flashlight, big red bandana, billfold.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Dodgy Loner

One keychain (with a small knife on it - it's the only way I can keep from losing my knife)
Cellphone
Wallet

I rarely have change, but when I do, that goes in my pocket as well.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Stephen1

Change, swiss army knife from 94, nail clipper, lighter ( don't smoke) paper money, that way I don't have to carry my wallet all the time, can leave it locked in the truck, or work bag. Pocket watch in the watch pocket - it has big numbers. receipts in the back pocket and what ever else I find and pick up, some nuts & washers right now, and lately I have started carrying my $store reading glasses, it seems I need them all the time now.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

red oaks lumber

left front- money clip(empty most of the time) all other pockets empty
i leave the keys in the truck so i know where there at,cell phone should be thrown in the woods, thats in truck also
oh forgot right front   pocket lint with sawdust
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

rbarshaw

Just my hands, as I stare at my unfinished mill and dream of sawdust in my pockets. :(
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

Burlkraft

I don't carry much......

Right front is a Kershaw 2 1/2" lock back knife that I have had for years. Lost it a few times but always manage to find it eventually  ;D

That is it. I hate stuff in my pockets. Like Jeff I quit carrying my wallet because of my back. It doesn't have any money anyway  ::)

When I saw I have a red crayon too, but a short one only.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

mayor

pocket knife
wallet
change
stanley tape on my side
poke of redman chewin bakker in my rear pocket
rag ta blow my nose in the other pocket!.

danged ole cell phone is layin in the truck where it belongs....I'm here ta have fun...not be bothered by phone calls!......

tyb525

LF- Cell phone (only if I'm expecting a call)
RF- Pen/pencil, screwdriver, whatever I pick up
LR- Nothing, except a receipt or note sometimes
RR- Wallet (might be changing this soon, I've heard of back problems caused by this from many people)

I don't like having much in my pockets, If I can constantly feel it in there then it comes out. Everything else I need sets on the shop table if I'm sawing. If I'm logging I keep wedges in my coverall front pockets, everything else in toolbox on tractor.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

maple flats

front rt- coin, currency, keys (which are hung from belt but stuck into pocket to stop swinging. Front left- more currency, (usually wadded), nuts, bolts , washers, 2 pocket knives (1 good blade, one damaged but usable to save damage to good one, sometimes wrenches and or screw driver. Left rear- blue or red handkerchief and ritht rear, wallet with way too much except cash in it. On belt, cell phone, Leatherman, and key chain (whose keys hung into front rt pocket. To hold this all up I wear suspenders AND a belt (actuaolly my suspenders have belt clips instead of the clamps that tear fabric with wear and tear. I have always been apt to carry way too much in my pockets and at my age it will likely not change as long as I still can work.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!