iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Outlaw buildings

Started by bandmiller2, November 29, 2009, 07:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

I've noticed over the years that areas where there were no regs before, and new regs are put in place, they usually go overboard with strictness.  In areas where regs have existed all along tend to stick with the older, less severe rules.

I've had 2 septic systems approved for this place.  In both cases, a County Health Dept. inspector came out and bored a little hole.  When they located a little red stripe in the soil which indicates the "mean high water" level, they could tell if the drain field had to be in a mound(and how high), of could be in the ground.  In both cases, that service and all other inspections were included in the $250 permit fee.  I couldn't find much to complain about there. :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Raider Bill

Same here, Lady came out, looked around asked me how many bedrooms signed a paper and left. No perk test no nothing. $250.00 Pretty much Painless.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

irishcountry

I don't chime in much but in my book if you were sold property and bought it then you own it period you should be able to do what you want when you want thats my definition of "free country" so tired of people poking their noses in other peoples business and pockets its sick "free" is only a matter of perception and I think we as Americans still have it better than alot of countries in the world but I wouldn't go as far as to say we have freedom as our founding fathers seen it!!--- Now all that complaining aside where are some states/towns where you can afford a decent amount of acerage plus build pretty much what you want out of what you want including wood you mill yourself without jumping through hoops or selling body parts to pay the taxes???

jpgreen

It all comes down to people in government keeping their jobs at all costs plain and simple. They do this by taxing and regulating, and having control over us. The more they can take, the more their jobs are secure.

It it's going to get worse in every part of this country, as this is a self defeating monopoly. They will crash and burn each and every one of us in the process, and then ultimately they crash and burn as there will be nothing left to take.
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

irishcountry

Agreed Jpgreen the "fall of rome" so to speak been seeing it happen from the inside out for a long long time its very sad that greed and corruption have taken over and no one seems to even want to look at it seems most people  nowadays do not have time to look outside of their own lives because its so busy and they are trying to only work and hold onto what they still do have.  I think it will take a total collapse before we really get the "change" that everyone is looking for like you said won't be alot left to fight over when no one has anything~!~

Raider Bill

Well............... I before I bought my property I looked at some places that didn't have a septic system just let it run out on the ground. Now I'm not a big brother fan but I do like to know my waters safe.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

stonebroke

On my hill in NYS (and most of the rest of the county) the only septic they will approve is a aboveground systems with special hauled in dirt. 20 to 30 grand. Keeps out the riff raff and most normal people.

Stonebroke

Raider Bill

Quote from: stonebroke on December 11, 2009, 03:08:25 PM
On my hill in NYS (and most of the rest of the county) the only septic they will approve is a aboveground systems with special hauled in dirt. 20 to 30 grand. Keeps out the riff raff and most normal people.

Stonebroke

Yikes! Dang glad I don't live in NYS anymore!

Is that because of rock and not being able to perk?

stonebroke

shallow to bedrock ,lotsa springs ,crappy soil you name it we have it. Course they don't take into account you may be draining into a 100 pasture and it might be 1/2 mile to a watercourse. Rules is Rules. Made all the old houses and fallen down shacks worth more because they don't want to know about present systems. Guess They can only abuse so many people at a time.

Stonebroke

pasbuild

A friend was building an equipment building at his sand pit, the health inspector told him he would need a mound system for his drain field, this was right in the same sand pit that he took sand from for 90% of all of the drain fields in the area. ::)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

maple flats

In NYS we are allowed to use rough cut for code buildings. The sawyer must sign a statement that the codes inspector supplies that everything is #2 or better. There is no training or certification required for a sawyer to sign this. I have so far signed 3 of them. I use as a basis a comparison with the junk one buys at the big box stores. I cut up and burn anything that even comes close to the poorer of what I see labeled #2 in those stores. I use it to make maple syrup. That is why I have no problem selling my lumber even though it is about the same price as those stores. Quality sells.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

irishcountry

pasbuild   Now that is funny!!!!

SwampDonkey

Quote from: maple flats on December 11, 2009, 07:32:36 PM
I use as a basis a comparison with the junk one buys at the big box stores.

All they sell in the yards here is utility grade softwood. They try to price it as #1. I said there isn't a stick in these bundles number one, boys. Better drop the price.  ;) For some reason the yards buy on the cheap and try to make a killing.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!