The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Tally-I/O

Author Topic: New E-Classic owner  (Read 26209 times)

Offline doctorb

• Administrator
  • Unofficial Team Physician
    • Share Post
Re: New E-Classic owner
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2012, 04:56:15 PM »
Logging, etc, etc.! ;)

Wow.  You went way back for that quote!  We haven't seen Mr suswapian around here for a while!

I must respectfully disagree with your "as long as it heats your house, who cares?" post.  I understand your sentiment, but know why the regs and restrictions have been applied.

There were many non-gassifying stoves out there, and neighbors started to complain.  The townships and municipalities turned to the Clean Air people at the EPA, who took measurements of the pollutants and the particulate matter near these older type stoves.  They found the air unsafe and worked with the manufacturers to create a less polluting product, hence, the EPA Phase 2 program for OWB's.

Now, if you have regs in place where you live, and if your neighbors complain, and if you can not show that an older type stove was installed before the regs took effect, they can make you remove the stove.  If your neighbors don't care, then no one will care, and you can burn however you please.  But cutting down on pollution can't be considered a bad thing, regardless of whether your neighbors are bothered or not.  Just my opinion, and not meant to be inflammatory.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Offline Dean186

• E-Classic 1400 Owner
    • Share Post
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2012, 01:27:49 PM »
Logging, etc, etc.! ;)

Wow.  You went way back for that quote!  We haven't seen Mr suswapian around here for a while!

I must respectfully disagree with your "as long as it heats your house, who cares?" post.  I understand your sentiment, but know why the regs and restrictions have been applied.

There were many non-gassifying stoves out there, and neighbors started to complain.  The townships and municipalities turned to the Clean Air people at the EPA, who took measurements of the pollutants and the particulate matter near these older type stoves.  They found the air unsafe and worked with the manufacturers to create a less polluting product, hence, the EPA Phase 2 program for OWB's.

Now, if you have regs in place where you live, and if your neighbors complain, and if you can not show that an older type stove was installed before the regs took effect, they can make you remove the stove.  If your neighbors don't care, then no one will care, and you can burn however you please.  But cutting down on pollution can't be considered a bad thing, regardless of whether your neighbors are bothered or not.  Just my opinion, and not meant to be inflammatory.

Very well said doctorb!

Offline Dean186

• E-Classic 1400 Owner
    • Share Post
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2012, 01:29:11 PM »
Thanks for the update Ken.  I am sure this post has and will continue to help many.

Dean

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
New E classic owner

Started by overclocking on Firewood and Wood Heating

22 Replies
Last post September 20, 2015, 02:14:39 PM
by overclocking
xx
How much wood have you used in your classic(4030,5036,6048) not the e-classic

Started by cb6048 on Firewood and Wood Heating

16 Replies
Last post February 27, 2009, 07:10:54 AM
by thecfarm