iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You will be amazed

Started by Jeff, December 25, 2009, 03:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DouginUtah

Bibby,

Have you ever tried Netflix or Redbox? (Since you mentioned WalMart which probably has a Redbox.)
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Bibbyman

Quote from: DouginUtah on December 30, 2009, 12:22:07 PM

Bibby,

Have you ever tried Netflix or Redbox? (Since you mentioned WalMart which probably has a Redbox.)

No, we've not tried those.  How well do they work?

We have hunted up some old movies we've wanted on TCM and Barnes & Noble web sites.  Even Wal-Mart sometimes has better prices on popular movies on the web site than in stores.  A lot wider selection too.

I seen a documentary on TV about making Avatar and the technology was very impressive.  I'm not into what looked to be science fiction or fancily movies.  Maybe a good western!  Now you're talking.  But I can't see how they'll ever be able to come up to John Ford standards so I'll still be disappointed.

Some 20 years ago we were down in Orlando and went to Epcot Center.  The thing that just blew me away was the Chinese pavilion.  They had a 360 screen and you stood and watched the action or views that completely surround you.  WOW!

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

DouginUtah

Quote from: Bibbyman on December 30, 2009, 12:40:10 PM
No, we've not tried those.  How well do they work?

A few years ago I had Netflix and it ended up costing less than a dollar a movie--mainly because my distribution center is in Salt Lake City, so I had one day delivery service by USPS. The trick is to get the movie mailed back the day after you receive it.

Currently I only use Redbox. Cost for me is probably less than 50¢ per movie as I use free movie rental codes (good for first Monday of the month-- www.insideredbox.com) and McDonald's free codes. Rent today and it has to be back before 9:00 pm tomorrow.

If you do decide to use Redbox, the first movie will be free if you use a code good only for first time users (breakroom or freedvd, usually).
-Doug

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

DR Buck

QuoteWe have hunted up some old movies we've wanted on TCM and Barnes & Noble web sites.  Even Wal-Mart sometimes has better prices on popular movies on the web site than in stores.  A lot wider selection too.

Bibby,

Try the following for old classic movies.   I've had good success with both sites and they're cheap too.  ;D

www.cduniverse.com
www.hamiltonbook.com
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Bibbyman

Quote from: DR_Buck on December 30, 2009, 08:19:08 PM
QuoteWe have hunted up some old movies we've wanted on TCM and Barnes & Noble web sites.  Even Wal-Mart sometimes has better prices on popular movies on the web site than in stores.  A lot wider selection too.

Bibby,

Try the following for old classic movies.   I've had good success with both sites and they're cheap too.  ;D

www.cduniverse.com
www.hamiltonbook.com

Thanks!  I added the CD Universe to my favorites.  Mary has the Hamilton Books bookmarked.  Maybe she knows they have movies, maybe not.
Sawing since '94

thecfarm

Bibbyman,I have Netflix.I'm on the plan that they send you 3 movies at a time.I think about $18 a month.We have a center close by,2 days or 3 at the most is normal to send and get a movie.We just did Redbox.We live about 15 minutes from town.Not a big deal in distance,but sometimes we don't leave the farm for 2-3 days.With Netflix we can decide what to watch right at home not stand in front of a redbox for 15 minutes. Well the wife does that.We right into the movie thing now with snow on the ground and dark at 4:30.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bibbyman

Don't the Netflix ad say $9.00/mo and never a late fee?  I'll have to pay attention I guess.
Sawing since '94

Mr Mom

Bibbyman.... that price is for one movie. There is another price for two movies and another price for three movies. Three is the most you can get.
I have had movies for a month and never a late charge. you will not get another movie untill you send one back.
We use to get three movies but went to one when summer comes.
If i send out on mon i will get one by wed.
Sometimes it takes longer beacuse the movie comes from another netflix place.
Had one come from TEXAS
Hope this helps
Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Bibbyman

Well,  I opted out of going to see Avatar. 

The girls with all their visiting on their mother's side over Christmas hadn't seen it yet.  Tomorrow is the first day back to school so Alex put the big press on Mary to take them. She won so off they went to the matinee.

I win!  I get to set at home in the quiet putting together a puzzle and watching the last half of "The Egg and I".  Another old classic is coming on now.  I'll have to see what it is.

8)
Sawing since '94

Roxie

You've missed your opportunity to give your grandaughters your opinion on any political or moral aspects of the movie. 

I ask my six year old grandson about TV shows or movies that he watches.  I sit and watch them so I'm familiar with what he's seeing.  Nothing like a Saturday dusting the living room, watching Phineas and Furb.  :D

Say when

Bibbyman

Well,  I wasn't needed.  They got there and the line was too long or something so they watched "Alvin and the Chipmunks - the Squeakual".
Sawing since '94

Warbird

So what are Alvin's political leanings, anyhow?  ;D

Sprucegum

I saw Avatar and I was Amazed and Delighted - no not by the moral and political bludgeoning  ;D  I shrugged that off as more of the same we get every day in our news here  ::) My redneck children and I made jokes about it  :-X

The progress in 3-D is what I liked and I am looking forward to that technology being applied to a good story  ???

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Sprucegum on January 03, 2010, 08:48:19 PM
The progress in 3-D is what I liked and I am looking forward to that technology being applied to a good story  ???

That's the one and only reason I would enjoy watching a movie, for a good story. I don't go for the graphic extravaganza. That's what has kept me away from most of the new sci-fi along with way too much drama. It's like watching soaps in outter space now and I can't even follow it at all.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dan_Shade

that's how I felt about Jurrassic Park, SD.

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

SPIKER

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 04, 2010, 04:05:26 AM
Quote from: Sprucegum on January 03, 2010, 08:48:19 PM

That's the one and only reason I would enjoy watching a movie, for a good story. I don't go for the graphic extravaganza.

I felt the story line was excellent.   
The Political BS wasnt really an issue with me as there has always been one culture more advanced bullying around another culture...   It is still happening here on earth today...  not to mention those other planets with the same problems ;)

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Cedarman

As I watched the movie, emminent domain came to mind.  Just look what is happening right now in the state of Washington next to the airport.
Oh Yeah, what a feast for the eyes that movie was.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

SPIKER

Quote from: Cedarman on January 05, 2010, 08:21:36 AM
As I watched the movie, eminent domain came to mind.  Just look what is happening right now in the state of Washington next to the airport.
Oh Yeah, what a feast for the eyes that movie was.

eminent domain came to mind.  Ya that is the latest one that locally has been a problem, cities using that to wipe out hole communities and build shopping malls...   lots of state & local governments are using that one...   or at least trying to...   who ever thought that a shopping mall was a requirement for the social benefit for the town/city?

mark

Frickman

I went to a matinee show today. I had three observations:

1. The actress who played Trudy is the spitting image of one of my hay customers. No kidding.

2. The tree was incredible. How many board feet do you think was in it?

3. The graphics were great, it is incredible what they can do these days.

The movie is worth going to see just for the 3D experience. As for the plot itself, I think it was fairly mediocre, but not really that bad either. I can do without most of the bad language though.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Ralph_C

Haven't been to a movie since 1974. May go see this one.  Probably costs more than the $1.50 I paid in 74.

beenthere

Ralph
Was that "Ben Hur" ??   ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ralph_C

Brad_S.

Quote from: Ralph_C on January 06, 2010, 11:03:58 PM
Haven't been to a movie since 1974. May go see this one.  Probably costs more than the $1.50 I paid in 74.
Move the decimal point one unit to the right and add another zero on the end and you will have the price of the 3D version. :D
Double that if you planned on getting popcorn and a soda.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

DouginUtah

In Logan, UT, $7.00 for the 3-D showing. Had to get in line one hour early to get the best seats in the theater.
-Doug

---

SPIKER

Quote from: DouginUtah on January 07, 2010, 12:55:27 AM

In Logan, UT, $7.00 for the 3-D showing. Had to get in line one hour early to get the best seats in the theater.

You must have went to the Tuesday matinee like we did! :D  It would have been close to 850 for the friday night showing maybe more...

Mark

Thank You Sponsors!