iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Olympic hockey

Started by Warbird, February 22, 2010, 01:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbird

Awesome.  I am trying to find a live stream of it online now.

Burlkraft

That Swiss - USA game was a good one!

I was torn because of my Swiss heritage, but I don't know any of them guy's and there's lots of ex-Badgers on the US team  8)  8)  8)  8)

The women are doing quite well themselves. Oh yeah, they have the Badger women's coach Mark Johnson coaching them  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

ickirby

Samuel

7-3...thank god for the home town hero backstopping us to another victory.  It would have been a different story had he been in net the other night but Oh well...can't make excuses.  The extra game I think is going to be beneficial to us in the long run.  As  they say... looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Samuel

I think its funny the media having to explain to the rest of the world that the crowd is not booing him.  There are enough of us Canucks fans when he comes to Edmonton to play that we do that as well.  Its awesome...
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
Software Solutions-

Warbird

I heard the media making explanations about it, too.  Too funny.  I thought for sure I would hear a bunch of explanations about Canucks saying "eh" like a lot of Americans say "um" but haven't heard anybody talking about it.

One thing that becomes more clear every Olympics I watch is how controlled and different our respective media broadcasts are.

Congrats to both the USA and Canadian hockey teams.  Can't wait to see the rematch.  ;D

Samuel

As they are saying on the Vancouver Canucks homepage tonight...  Do Lu Believe?
Software Solutions-

Brucer

Quote from: Warbird on February 24, 2010, 11:45:23 PM
One thing that becomes more clear every Olympics I watch is how controlled and different our respective media broadcasts are.

Yeah, one of Barb's friends in Washington states listens alternately to the US channels and to CBC. She says it gives her a better idea of what's actually going on.

Congrats to both the USA and Canadian hockey teams.  Can't wait to see the rematch.  ;D

We've both got to make it through the semi finals first.

The women's hockey final looks pretty interesting for tomorrow. It was a given that it would be Canada versus the US. Looking at the scores up until now, I'd say the teams are pretty balanced. We're going to win of course, but it won't quite as easy as the earlier games ;D ;D ;D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

SwampDonkey

Where's big mouth Don Cherry now? :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Coon

I still think the Canadian women will spank the US today.... Any guesses on the score I say I say 9-3 Canada.  ;D

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warbird

5-3 USA in a hard fought battle between the 2 best women's hockey teams in the world!

Coon

Can't remember for sure on the time but it seems to me that it was something like 5:30 Central Standard time.

Warbird

Quote from: Jeff on February 25, 2010, 11:06:51 AM
What time is the game?

15:30 PST is actual time.  They've been tape delaying broadcasts depending on your area or what cable channels you get.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/getlocal/tvlistings.html

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-hockey-schedule-results/

beenthere

Here we will apparently get the Women's Bronze medal match between Sweden/Finland at 2 pm CST

and the Gold medal game at 5 pm CST

That is on MSNBC
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Coon

I may be a bit off on the score but our ladies are putting on a good performance and are up 2-0 after 2 periods.   ;D

Coon

OWNED 

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Good game girls   

beenthere

Congrats to the Lady Canucks. They played well.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Warbird

I did not get to watch it.  Congrats to the Canucks!!

Brucer

No TV, no high speed internet, no get to watch the game. But ...

2-0  for Canada in the first period. No goals in the second and third periods. 29-28 shots on goal. I'd say it was a pretty even match ... and definitely a goalie's game.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Coon

It definately was a goalies match.  Had the Canucks not killed off both 5 on 3 penalties it would have been a totally different game.   :o

Warbird

*facepalm*  Let me get this right...  The Canadian women's hockey team had to issue an apology for having a celebratory beer and cigars after their gold medal win??  You have GOT to be kidding me!  Did they go out and get crazily drunk and get thrown in jail?  No.  Were they doing anything illegal?  No.

*facepalm* again. 

Sorry, I will stop ranting.  They just blurbed that out on the news this morning that the Canadian women apologized for having a beer and a cigar in celebration and I nearly fell outta my chair.  As long as they weren't getting plastered or smoking illegal substances, I have no problem with it.

So....   end of rant.  Back to good stuff.  :)  Go USA!

Jeff

Well, it was back out on the ice and some of it even laying on their backs and I think part of that team might, and I say might, be under the legal age for drinking.  It may not have been illegal, but it was surely inappropriate to be back out on the ice doing that. When have you ever saw such something such as that even in professional hockey outside of the locker room?  But then again, they are mostly kids, and kids do stuff like that.

Warbird

Ahhh.  Okay.  So it got a little raucous out on the ice?  Well, I suppose I can understand then.  Maybe I should keep my mouth shut until I've finished my first cup of coffee and actually read about the entire event.  ;)

Jeff

Apparently it did include underage drinking. I do think they are making much more out of it then necessary though.

http://www.nj.com/olympics/index.ssf/2010/02/canadian_womens_hockey_celebra.html

Thank You Sponsors!