iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ax men for better or worse

Started by Brad_bb, April 12, 2010, 11:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

I know some don't like 'em, and I sure don't care for some of them myself.  I do think that ol boy Shelby from Louisiana is quite a character.  He runs well for his age too.  I feel sorry for him with the Hernia.  I hope he gets enough money from the show to build a real house instead of that OSB shack he's living in.
  I also do like JM Browning and crew.  He's about the most normal and intelligent kind of guy.  The rest of them are clowns.  Screaming and yelling all the time, what a shame.  Half of it is for the cameras I'm sure, and the other half is cause they don't know how to deal with, train, or motivate people properly.  Oh, the helicopter guys are ok too.
   If it was just Browning, and Shelby, it would be more interesting to me.  You don't need any fake load count competition to garner interest either.  We're not stupid.  My 2 cents.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

timberjackrob

how do the heliloggers on there make money getting out that crappy timber,most of it is rotten and the biggest tree ive seen them get out was about 14 inches at the butt.i couldnt make money logging that junk with my old timberjack if they gave me the trees much less a helicopter.they make a lot of it more dramatic than what it really is,however working with family everyday can get stressful as in the rygards case.all in all i think its entertaining and i love to watch iwould like to go out west one day and see a yarder operation some day.
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

captain_crunch

Heli logging is generally cost plus so they aint going broke ;D ;D ;D
Browing is a nice guy in person and great feller to work for But Younger Rygard is also a prince of a feller (They have to put out the Drama)
He has put out more money than you realize trying to give them Rookies a chance and look how they showed their gratitude to him >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Kevin

Rob, the heli gang is working on the west coast taking out some huge trees.
The only small trees I saw were the trees they were wind firming.
The weights on the trees being flown out had to be a minimum of 6500lbs. and in some cases they were taking two of those at a time.
I haven't seen any shows from this past year.

metalspinner

I know it's a different program and maybe network, but Swamp Loggers is my favorate of the logging shows.  It's out of one of the Carolinas. The owner shows incredible patience in the most diar of circumstances.  I have only seen him lose his cool once and he removed himself from earshot of the camera to give the mill a good talkin' to.  But, he and his crew have a calmness and levelheadedness about them that is a real change from the west coast show. No mochismo, either.

Some of the terrain they have to get themselves into is incredible. :o
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Roxie

Ax men is on at the same time as the PBR (bull riding), so we tape the show.  Cowboy Bob won't miss it because he wants to know how James is doing.  (James is the son of the S&S Aqua)  In his heart, CB is really pulling for that kid, and he did really well in this weeks show.  

We both laughed when the Rygard's were kicking dirt at each other.  They were mad, and when families work together, tension can run high.  Model behavior?  No, but the show comes on at 10PM here and never gave the impression it was for children.  

I like all the Ax Men, but Jay Browning is a class act.  He's got his son's working up through the ranks and we can watch them maturing season after season.  You can see Jay come alive when he picks up a chainsaw.  Having his employees teeth fixed was a really nice thing to do.  The guy went back to work and said, "He wants 20 loads, well I'm gonna give him 25."  And they did!  Yep, put me in the Jay Browning fan club.   :)

Say when

timberjackrob

kevin i think the heli guys on ax men this season are working in montana.ive seen heliloggers on other shows bring out some nice trees on one i watched they even had to split some of the logs before they could lift them,but not on ax men this season
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

Bobus2003

Quote from: Kevin on April 13, 2010, 07:17:11 AM
Rob, the heli gang is working on the west coast taking out some huge trees.
The only small trees I saw were the trees they were wind firming.
The weights on the trees being flown out had to be a minimum of 6500lbs. and in some cases they were taking two of those at a time.
I haven't seen any shows from this past year.

Quote from: timberjackrob on April 13, 2010, 08:22:45 AM
kevin i think the heli guys on ax men this season are working in montana.ive seen heliloggers on other shows bring out some nice trees on one i watched they even had to split some of the logs before they could lift them,but not on ax men this season

Two differnt shows being talked bout here :D We had a crew like R&R Conner workin here in the hills of SD doin heli-logging and they were moving close to 20 loads a day and most are wood is in the 12"-24" Butt range.. The pilot of that company was scared he wasn't gonna get paid for all his wood though cause they had too hire local trucks to haul it

JM Browning is one helluva Company.. He sure has his Fingers in alot of Pie on the west coast (Logging, Cunstruction, Trucking plus some smaller deals)

Raider Bill

Browning pulling out his gun and shooting the cell phone sure gets my vote. ;D I'd love to do that some days.

I feel real sorry for the kid on S&S Aqua logging. Got to be hard having a father that dumb. Hopefully he will over come the genes and prosper.

The Florida Cracker that's been working with S&S cracks me up. That guys funny.! He reminds me of guys I know from the Swuanwee back waters.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Brad_bb

So nobody else here thinks that ol boy Shelby is a real character?  He's funny, and I'm pulling for him to get that big cypress out of the lake.  He just needs a second winch on a second boat probably.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Mooseherder

Shelby is my favorite Ax Man this season.
I'll bet he ain't even playing up to the camera, just being his plain ol' self.

LOGDOG

We like Shelby. My wife will be out in the yard with the dogs and I'll hear her let out (in a Shelby voice) "Let's go!!!"

That chubby guy down in FL they call "Pond Bear" he cracks me up every time I see him laying on that log riding it up the river. I was glad to see him hook up with James this week. The more independence James gets the healthier he'll be. I like the guy running the outfit down there in FL as well. He seems to be real level headed and not quick to lash out. Gotta respect that.

I've liked J.M. Browning since before the show started. That was before I knew he ran the operation. When I saw him lugging that great big block around during the previews with the one hand and a hook on the other I could tell he was driven. He seems to be a heck of a faller too. Really cool that he rewarded his man with a set of new front teeth. You can imagine how much that meant to that fellas self-esteem. Awesome gesture on Jay's part.

The Rygaard crew seems to run a bit hot. Even though some of the stuff Gabe does makes me raise an eyebrow I have to admit he's a bull when it comes to gettin the work done.

That other show "HeliLoggers" ... like that real well. Big wood, good scenery, and a good bunch of guys that have an emphasis on safety.

Enjoying the season so far.  :)

captain_crunch

Shelby is a cool feller but that side kick of his would give a rock hemorides ;D ;D
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

sawbob011

from the sounds of it a lot of you arent from the west coast. ai grew up in Western Washingthon. Im now living in montana.Ive only watched logging out here not done it but it sure is a difference.
I havent watched the shows in quite a while, no tv in the sticks, but I always did enjoy it. Even if a lot of it was just for show. 
Echo CS-400 started it all
011 AVT

Thank You Sponsors!