iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pulled the trigger

Started by raven737, April 26, 2010, 07:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raven737

Went and bought a used Lt 30 with 67 hrs on it. :) I intend to run it over to WM and have them go over it and show me how to maintain the machine. When it comes to mills i,m as green as they come  :D . But hey ya gotta start somewhere. Learning the care and use of the mill will be great.Learning what the log has to offer will be the best part of the deal for me. For me that,s the return i,m looking for out of the cost of the mill.  8) 8). Thought about the Lt 28 but this was a few thousand less. Think it will be a fine one to learn with ;D

Ernie

Congratulations, are you aware that we really love pictures?
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

raven737

;)  thanks Ernie, rainin kinda hard right now and shes settin in a dark boat house. Ill post a few soon

Slingshot

Good to hear you bought the LT30. Been wondering what you did about it. The LT30 I bought
with 206 hours on it seems to be in A-1 condition. Woodmizer in Missouri who was selling for
a customer went over it to make sure it was in workable condition. Not a complete tune-up
but I felt comfortable with their assessment of it. I have been running it some and greasing all
the grease fittings and oiling the chains and will be sawing wood with it this week.
  With 67 hours on yours I can imagine it being in  very good condition also.
  Happy sawing :)

ljmathias

Congratulations!  I started with an LT30 manual; I assume yours is a manual also?  If so, the main thing to remember is safety- it's very easy to put body parts in places where they can get hurt (don't ask) so you have to think and move slowly till you develop the right habits.  A log is just a log, but a leg, now that's another matter...

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Magicman

Congratulations on the "new" mill.

I had a WM service done on mine soon after I bought it.  It was money well spent, plus those guys are so helpful.

Lj, you shoulda been with me today.....2761 BF......and I've still got my butt...... :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

raven,how about that?  ;D What's the plan for all of the lumber? You will need some support toys,I mean equipment now. We are are here for you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ljmathias

Way to go, Magicman... guess sawing that much is why you keep the "handle."  And sounds like you got to keep all your body parts as well, including the one you plant in your ride-along-seat so you can just enjoy the scenery while you the saw does all the work.   :D
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Magicman

Yup, and I was sawing this morning when you posted the above......some folks sit and saw......some just sit...... :D :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!