iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stamps anyone?

Started by pineywoods, May 01, 2010, 09:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Any stamp collectors out there ? Kids? grandkids? Cleaning out the back room of my shop. found a large bag of canceled postage stamps. Probably 2 or 3 gallon zip-log bags full. All torn off envelopes. All USA, some go back 50 years. Free to the first claim, just make a donation to the forum...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

fishpharmer

Piney, the wife has been collecting for years.  I will ask.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

fishpharmer

She says thanks but she doesn't have time to organize them.  Still up for grabs.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

gary

I tied to sell a couple thousand unused stamps. The places I took them offered me half the face value of them. I'm using them for postage now. I sent a letter with 42 one cent  stamps on it.

thecfarm

I probably have them all,but I can pass them on to my club for other members.I doubt I will get to them until this winter.Takes alot of time to check out some of them.Some need to be checked with a gauge.Never know what one will find.I find only the common ones that are worth 10 cents.Yes,I will donate to the forum.
gary,I had like $1000 of unused stamps.That's what I ended up with when I sold them.  ;D  I think I got 75% of the value.Was moving into my new house here and was cutting WAY back on my collecting interest.I use to send for a lot of pictorials postmarks and needed certain stamps to go with the theme of the post mark.
I sent a bunch of precanceled stamps out to a buyer and got a check back for $170.Told the wife to be,"How's that for a room that you was going to just go into and start throwing things onto the dump".Than I read the letter and said they could only send half what they was worth,another $170 would be sent in a couple weeks.  :o I did this about 10 more times.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Papa1stuff

Quote from: gary on May 01, 2010, 11:37:30 PM
I tied to sell a couple thousand unused stamps. The places I took them offered me half the face value of them. I'm using them for postage now. I sent a letter with 42 one cent  stamps on it.
I have a large stamp collection my parents left me ,and the same thing ,had a collector come and he said just use them ,so that's what I do ,like you my envelopes are sometimes covered with stamps ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Thank You Sponsors!