iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grumpy old men

Started by pineywoods, May 04, 2010, 08:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

trapper

wish I knew of a group locally
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Magicman

Maybe you can be the one to form a group. ??   smiley_idea   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Thank you for helping him🖒
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

petefrom bearswamp

Kudos from the swamp on your good, no GREAT deed
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

scgargoyle

I'd never seen this thread before, but it's great stuff. I belong to a similar group at our church. Our main focus is gathering, cutting, splitting, and delivering firewood for folks around here that can't do for themselves. We've also built a number of handicapped ramps for folks that find themselves in a bad situation. I'm gonna look into acquiring and fixing up electric wheelchairs.

It's funny how things work out. I bought a used concrete mixer for some projects around here, and less than a week after I bought it, an elderly gentleman was bringing his wife home from the hospital- in a wheelchair. I volunteered my new-to-me mixer, and we had a nice ramp formed and poured in no time.

I believe in sharing the gifts that you have. I don't have much money, but I have the tools and skills to build DanG near anything.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

gspren

This might be a good place to ask if anyone can locate a pair of front wheels for a wheelchair that belongs to the local VFW. 8"D, 2 3/8" hub, 7/16 axel. The VFW loans these to members and gets them as donations, if one gets unusable it goes in the dumpster. I told them not to toss this one yet as it looks good other than a broken front wheel and I am trying to find a pair reasonable, I'd gladly pay shipping.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

pineywoods

Dont throw them in the dumpster....If not repairable, scrap out for parts. There's all manner of parts available on ebay, even some parts dealers. It's almost unbelievable what a difference a power chair can make in the quality of life. I gave away 7  so far this year. VFW and DAV are good to work with. .gspren, pm me the make and model, I may have what you need. If not, probably can give you a link. Most front wheels aren't quite that big.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

dean herring

Merry Christmas to all. As we celebrate and honor the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
May God bless you all
Dean and Donna Herring 
3D Lumber 
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

gspren

Quote from: pineywoods on December 24, 2018, 10:18:33 AM
Dont throw them in the dumpster....If not repairable, scrap out for parts. There's all manner of parts available on ebay, even some parts dealers. It's almost unbelievable what a difference a power chair can make in the quality of life. I gave away 7  so far this year. VFW and DAV are good to work with. .gspren, pm me the make and model, I may have what you need. If not, probably can give you a link. Most front wheels aren't quite that big.
Piney, It's not a power chair, just a conventional wheelchair. The front wheels have a plastic spoke hub that's broke otherwise a nice looking wheelchair. Only one wheel is broke but I'd like to replace both. Often the chairs like this are used by Veterans or their families short term for appointments and such while recuperating from injuries, surgeries, etc.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

pineywoods

Grumpys been mostly in self-imposed lockdown for a while, but just couldn't walk away from this one. Neighbor (veteran) with a badly messed up back and both legs in bad shape. Barely gets around with a walker. After seeing him trying to navigate the steps in the attached pic, lockdown or not, we had to do something. Obtained a handicap scooter, but that called for a ramp. Couple of problems. The drop from porch to ground (nearly 4 feet) required a ramp nearly 30 feet long. Enough pressure treated lumber to build that put the cost WAY out of reason. Just at the right time, another grumpy drives up to my mill with 8 18ft 22 inch white oak logs, compliments of hurricane Laura.
One log yielded enough 2X8 stringers, 1X12 deck boards and misc 2x4 and 1x2. One post oak log provided the 4X4 support posts. Volunteer help was a little skimpy due to covid concerns, but the attached pic shows the finished product.

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Walnut Beast

That's pretty awesome. Great job 👍

doc henderson

very nice, class A work and very generous.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Larry

I salute you Piney, excellent work! 8) 8) 8)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Magicman

Very Nice!!  Thank You for being Grumpy.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Corley5

Well Done  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

chet

Piney you are my hero!  smiley_clapping
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Ron Scott

~Ron

hacknchop

smiley_clapping   setting a great example thank you!!!
Often wrong never indoubt

Roxie

You continue to amaze me. That's a beautiful job and I am moved to tears at your kindness. God bless you Piney. 
Say when

WDH

Wow, that makes my day!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Sixacresand

When Grumpys grumble, things get done.  All Grumpys should have ramps whether they need them now or not.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

51cub

Very nice! Well done to all!
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Dakota

That's going to make his life a lot easier.  Great job and gesture.
Dave Rinker

mike_belben

Good on ya piney.  Beautiful work.  

Yesterday took my wife n kids out to cracker barrel for her birthday.  I asked her what she wants for a present.  She says "i want us to pay for that veterans meal."  

Waitress helped us do it anonymously. Nice feeling.. Good thing for the kids to witness.
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!