iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2010 Forestry Forum RSVP Thread.

Started by asy, May 29, 2010, 03:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

We ain't sure yet, SD, but it will either be Thursday night or Friday afternoon.

Jeff, don't worry.  Me, Jake, and Fish can handle that table.  I'll hold Jake's beer for him. ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Dan_Shade

I plan to be in town on thursday.  I'll hold Jake's beer until DanG shows up :D
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

DR Buck

Quote from: Dan_Shade on July 13, 2010, 07:09:39 PM
I plan to be in town on thursday.  I'll hold Jake's beer until DanG shows up :D

Kitty and I will be in late Thursday afternoon.  I'll take DanG's beer from Dan and drink it while Kitty helps them move the table.   ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

isawlogs

Dan , I will be glad to hold yours and Fishes beer while you hold Jakes beer  :P  I will also be happy to give out directions for them to follow while carrying da table . 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DanG

Wow!  The generosity on this forum knows no bounds! 8) 8) :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

oakiemac

Well, just firmed up my plans. Talked to the lovely Hana and we are packing our tent, throwing it in the truck and heading up north. Cant leave until saturday morning due to some previous commitments but we should be there in time to eat some pig. 8)

So I think that makes 64
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

fat olde elf

Fat Olde Elf will be there, #65. God I wish I was 65 (again) I will help
wdh protect the honor of the South.  Amen.......
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: fat olde elf on July 14, 2010, 02:14:13 AM
I will help wdh protect the honor of the South.

Can't rely on DanG to do that eh? ... with all the beer he's going to be holding for Marcel. :D :D

I'll bring some beanies for all you frosh. Jeff will be big chief Kahuna donning his toga and directing the events.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

asy

We'll be there the day before, too, so I'll gladly volunteer to take photos while you guys hold each other's beer and the table moves itself...  ::)

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

WDH

Quote from: fat olde elf on July 14, 2010, 02:14:13 AM
Fat Olde Elf will be there, #65. God I wish I was 65 (again) I will help
wdh protect the honor of the South.  Amen.......

Amen brother!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

okmulch

Ran the idea of a road trip by the wife last night. Told her we could stop and see her mom in South Bend on the way. So as of right now we are on the fence leaning toward Harrison Mi. :)   Cedarman will not be there, so someone needs to show up and talk red cedar, might as well be me. 8)
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f, Tigercat 724g feller buncher

SwampDonkey

I'll talk cedar any day. Left quite  few for crop trees bush whacking today. Eastern white variety of course. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DR Buck

Quote from: okmulch on July 14, 2010, 03:53:43 PM
Ran the idea of a road trip by the wife last night. Told her we could stop and see her mom in South Bend on the way. So as of right now we are on the fence leaning toward Harrison Mi. :)   Cedarman will not be there, so someone needs to show up and talk red cedar, might as well be me. 8)

Yea.  Cedarman is going to have his head in a hole in the ground somewhere up in New England.   help_me
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

WDH

Quote from: DR_Buck on July 14, 2010, 05:38:36 PM
Quote from: okmulch on July 14, 2010, 03:53:43 PM

Cedarman is going to have his head in a hole in the ground somewhere up in New England.   help_me

We will miss the rascal  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Thinking of cave crawling reminded me of bats. My uncle says he has none this year and usually has dozens around that old farm house.

Cedarman

I have the misfortune of having to choose between an 11 day trip with my old caving buddies to northern Vermont for a caving convention or visiting with my old buddies of the forum.  I would love to be both places but cannot.  I know this years pigroast will be outstanding with many many dignitaries there.

Bats are dying in the appalacian area due to a disease called white nose syndrome.  But I am hearing from all over that bats are not being seen near as much as they used to be.  I have noticed a decline here also.  WNS will be a major topic covered at the caving convention.

I hope OKmulch makes it to keep the ERC conversation lively.  Since there seems to be a big crowd coming, do not let him help carve up the pig. :D :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WDH

OKmulch is an experienced pig carver, so there is no way out  :).

Enjoy the bats!  There will be better and quieter company than we are  ;D.

Jeff

Tammy and I had a bat in the cabin with us for the first time last time we were up there.  Sorry to say, I did nothing to help save the population in this incidence, but Tammy was pretty impressed by the one pitch one swing triple to left field I got with the broom. :)  He should have stayed outside in one of the bat houses we have available.

Cedarman

I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Warbird

Quote from: Cedarman on July 15, 2010, 06:48:12 AM
Bats are dying in the appalacian area due to a disease called white nose syndrome.

That's not anything like brown nose syndrome, is it?  If so, they are probably being killed by the rest of the non-infected population.  ;D

beenthere

Jeff
That swing what put the shoulder out?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

No, It happened while trying to swim. Just a lazy swim to one end of the pool after cleaning it.  I felt something snap. I shook it off, and tried to swim again, and it about made me scream. Since then its became inflamed and I can't do anything with it that requires lifting sideways, or anything much over chest high without it causing considerable discomfort.

Warbird

Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!