iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

An Auction To Pay For The Pig!~

Started by Burlkraft, June 03, 2010, 09:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wick

Timber Harvester 30HT25

Jeff

Pics in my gallery if somebody would want to paste one in. I've only got my phone this week and I smushed one om my thumbs wif a pudding stone.  :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Warbird

Quote from: Jeff on June 14, 2010, 10:14:08 PM
Pics in my gallery if somebody would want to paste one in. I've only got my phone this week and I smushed one om my thumbs wif a pudding stone.  :-\

Just bruised, nothing broken, I hope?

Dave, I shoulda known.  ;D

Reddog

Quote from: Jeff on June 14, 2010, 10:14:08 PM
I smushed one om my thumbs wif a pudding stone.  :-\

Had one that gave a fight ;D

sprucebunny

Thank you, customdave, for your generosity  8) 8)

Whatcha gonna name the piggie ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Burlkraft

Quote from: customdave on June 14, 2010, 09:51:40 PM
Ok, I will confess who won the auction,it was , was... ready... ME! & I will  put this cutting board to good use  8) 8) 8) ;D. I allways  wanted to have a good heavy one & it looks like I will have one!!. Its was fun bidding on this undercover ;D. Jeff did a fine job  of it  as it looks in the pics. Take care everyone....

Dave

Congrats Dave  8)  8)  8)

I'm glad you are going to use it! We have a lot of them out there that are just ornaments.

They look better with chop marks in them  ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

customdave

Sprucebunny, I don't know what to name the pig never had to name one before, depends if its a girl or a boy pig I would think, one thing for sure Jeff will put it on a big stick nomatter its name is!! ;D. When I read your your post , the name Matilda popped in my head & I don't know why? I don't even know if I spelled it right :D....

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

RynSmith

metalspinner

Hmmm, a pig on a spit.... Spig..... Spiggy. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

SwampDonkey

Ok, whose got the conch?

Jack was the first to make himself heard. He had not got the conch and thus spoke against the rules; but nobody minded.

What would a beast eat?  Pig.  We eat pig.  Piggy! 

The head is for the beast. It's a gift.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Now that I'm back to a real keyboard and a screen bigger then my thumbs, I'd like to thank Dave here for going all out on the auction. :)   

The piggy's name will be Matilda.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Wick

Very nice. Maybe I'll be so gifted one of these years. Thanks for the pic.
Timber Harvester 30HT25

customdave

Hey everybody, just got back from salmon fishin yesterday & went to post office today to pickup my turn &burn cuttin board that I won in the Auction, Man the pics don't do it justice compared to having in your hands. Very nicely done Jeff, I don't know how you got it so smooth? just like glass!! Very glad I won this , I now have a cuttin board that I & my kids won't wear out. Glad I only had to walk 2 blocks to my truck when I picked up the parcel, Heavy! 8) 8) Take care everyone....

Dave

customdave

P.S. Had a real good fishin trip, couple guys @ work said take a couple of big ccoolers with , I said what ,I'm going fishin I'm taking a deep frezzer & the generator ;D. Man I'm glad I did, 23 cu. ft. a good 3/4 s FULL!!. 18 salmon 6 to 18 lbs, 8 halibut 40 to 100 lbs ;D ;D, 3 red snapper 6lbs?, 17 rockfish 4 to 7lbs, 3 red snapper 5 to 8 lbs.... Man what a trip, had a blast!!Took six hours to wash & cut vacum pack the fish, should be good for a day or two  8)

Dave

asy

Quote from: Jeff on June 19, 2010, 03:09:20 PM
The piggy's name will be Matilda.  :)

AAaaah, is that an Aussie Pig? Are we all gonna sing Waltzing Matilda while she spins???

Or...  Is it more a Harry Belafonte Piggy and we'll sing "Mah-tilda she spends me money and runs venezuela...  *once again now...*"

I vote for the Waltzing Matilda, just all of y'all remember don't put a dancing tutu on her, it'll burn!!!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Warbird

Quote from: customdave on July 14, 2010, 12:18:27 AM
18 salmon 6 to 18 lbs, 8 halibut 40 to 100 lbs ;D ;D, 3 red snapper 6lbs?, 17 rockfish 4 to 7lbs, 3 red snapper 5 to 8 lbs.... Man what a trip, had a blast!!Took six hours to wash & cut vacum pack the fish, should be good for a day or two  8)

Nicely done, Dave.  You don't can any of your fish?  I've found that after 6 - 10 months, frozen salmon fillets start to go bad/taste funny.  However, canned salmon lasts for many years.

customdave

Warbird, yes I just bought a tin can press so I can can with tin cans just like up town , man does it work slick. 30 tins first shift, 3o tins second shift , oh yeah bought big stainless steel comerical pressure cooker also , this speeds up the canning time !! Also did one tin of halibut to try in a few days(experimint) if turns out good will can a bunch of halibut too, it should I think ???, aithough I have not heard anybody trying this, got my fingers crossed  :o....

Dave

Warbird

Wow.  Real tin cans?  That would be nice.  We use the Mason jars/lids.  I've read that it is safe to can halibut and that canned halibut makes a great replacement for tuna when making sandwiches, salad, etc.  Never tried canning any, tho.

SwampDonkey

We always found salmon or trout frozen in ice was the best. Like fresh caught. Of course our salmon in the rivers go on living for years unlike the Pacific ones on their way to the grave.

Dave, looks like a very successful trip.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Reddog

Quote from: Warbird on July 14, 2010, 09:31:38 AM
I've found that after 6 - 10 months, frozen salmon fillets start to go bad/taste funny.

Do you have a frost free freezer?
The heat cycles that keep them frost free really shorten storage life.

Warbird

Yup.  And that could be it.  I hope to buy one of those outdoor freezers sometime this year, as I am planning to get a moose this year.  :)  All this talk of food is making me hungry!

Seeing the guest list for this years pig roast is sure making me sad that the Mrs and I can't make it.  We were going to be there until the brother-in-law announced his wedding in Cali, in Sept.  :-\  (Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him but it trounced my plans to make the pig roast).

Magicman

Since I also have a family conflict this year, maybe we should both try to attend next year.    ;)  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

Magicman

Anyway, you owe me a cup.   ;)  And I don't forget stuff like that.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!