iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: Where were you 40 yrs ago when you heard the n

Started by etat, November 14, 2003, 04:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

I remember it plain as can be, I was sitting on the steps in the kitchen. After the initial shock I remember thinking "DanG now there won't be anything good to watch on TV for the next 4 Days".

Now I just spent the last week watching every JKF special that's on.

Mark

Ron Scott

I was working as a forester with the US Forest Service in the office of the Sault Ste. Marie Ranger Distict of the old Marquette National Forest and heard the sad news on the radio. Will always remember the day.
~Ron

Bud Man

In the ninth grade when the news came, they turned out the  school early !  Went home and threw my afternoon paper route early and was about to go home when my manager caught up with me and asked if I wanted to sell some Special Edition papers they had quickly put together. Stayed out till 10 PM selling papers, went in the front door of every bus and out the rear door and nearly every one bought one. The papers were supposed to sell for 10 cents each, I sold them for 50 cents to a doller each and finally went home when I didn't have any more room in my pockets or socks to hold any more money.   What a day , I had sold over two thousand papers in just under seven hours !  8)
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Patty

I was in the 3rd grade 40 years ago. When the president was killed my teacher became very upset. This really affected us students, we'd never seen a teacher cry. When I got home and talked to my mom about it, her reaction was pretty subdued (compared to my teacher's), about the only thing I remember her saying was, "Well, I never really liked him, I voted for the other guy."   The next few days on TV were all about the funeral. I remember thinking about his kids and how they must feel watching all the news about their dad's untimely death. It was a sad day for our country.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

EZ

Sometimes I wonder, being the politition business is a life threatening job. I wonder if they tell their family members (children) about how risky their job is.
EZ

dan-l-b

Second grade, Mrs Phalens class.  JFK, Martin Luther King, and Bobby Kennedy-all tradigies, reminds me of that song, ... Anybody here, seen my old friend Martin, can you tell me where he's gone,.... Abraham, and Martin and John.... :'( :'(

Viking

I wasnt born yet, neither was my dad haha. I'm so young ::)

Duane_Moore

was hauling hay on the ranch in Albin, wyoming, heard the news on the Radio, shocked, went to the house and turned on the TV, to watch,  what a deal, sad moments, was about 22 yrs old at that time, back to hauling hay,
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Thank You Sponsors!