iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cabin Addition

Started by Magicman, December 21, 2010, 10:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Thanks guys,  I am making a serious effort to finish this project.  I pushed all of my sawing jobs a month out, but I still got three calls and one answering machine message this week about scheduling new sawing jobs.  That is good but I've gotta make time for myself right now or I will never finish.

I did get one boost yesterday.  I was planning to build the lavatory/vanity but Pat found a unit in a thrift store and I gave her the go-ahead to get it.  It is much different an puts a twist on what I was going to do, but as usual, Pat's ideas are always "spot on".   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

Can't wait to see the stain sample, looking good !
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I like that Magic. The Ash is beautiful.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

The flooring is really going to look good.

Here a sample is seen in the lower half of the picture.  Early American stain was perfect.  (The top half is Pine wall paneling.)

Pat's lavatory vanity looks good.  (This picture was taken before the mirror was installed.) Notice that the doorway has been cased with Pine and faced with Cypress.

This will be the bathroom door.  It is 32" and will have to be "modified" to fit a 30" opening.  This was the front door to my Grandparent's home.

It will be at least a week before I can get back to work on this project.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Uh, um.........you might want to hang a curtain on it  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

SwampDonkey

Nice flooring job. Ash is really nice wood, I always like the grain. You've got yourself a nice "pad". Take time to enjoy it.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

downsouth

Very nice. As always great job.

mesquite buckeye

And it didn't take a year to get it down. :) :) :)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

I want to finish modifying the door and get it hung on my next trip over and there is still some plumbing to do before the final floor sanding/staining/sealing.

I will be without internet service for the next ~week but hopefully there will be pictures.   ;D

Dad2FourWI

Wow.....

I just read this whole thread....

Magic Man, my hat is off to you! I thought I was keeping "busy" but I think I need to kick it into a higher gear!!!

I so enjoyed your pics and ideas... I think a few of those might find their way into our new cabin/house!!  :D :D

Keep up the incredible work and "thank you" for sharing!!

-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

Magicman

Thanks "Dad". 

After a week of business and pleasure in Oklahoma, Arkansas, & Louisiana, Pat and I were able to spend our Holiday at the Cabin working.  I can now report that everything above the baseboards is officially complete.

My beam consist of Ash on the two sides and 6 plys of SYP sandwiched in the center.

I had just enough Ash to whitewash and cover the ceiling.  OK, not quite enough, because there is one 1X10 SYP up there next to the beam.  I really did not want to leave the painted plywood, so this was a nice thing.  We thought that it turned out nicely.

This picture is taken from the new portion and looking toward the existing bedroom portion.

And now  finally this is taken from the existing bedroom and looking toward the addition.  The ceiling is whitewashed Ash, and the wall is whitewashed SYP.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Andy White

Lynn,
Great looking job on the addition! Now is the time to really enjoy all that hard work. Really great.    8) 8) 8)   Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

pineywoods

Absolutely fantastic. But we wouldn't expect anything less. Now take some time to enjoy the fruits of yout labors..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Go-fer-wood

That addition is outstanding MM. If your cabin was down here in Tx. you would need to add some floats and an anchor, but thats not so bad, the water is beautiful here this time of year. ;D  that is if its not in your house.  :laugh:
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams

grweldon

Just lovely!  Missed you at the "project"!

My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

dablack

Looking sharp!  Very nice indeed!
Building my own house in East TX

tule peak timber

Terrific looking !!!!!
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Bruno of NH

Mr MM
Looks like an up town Job  8) 8) 8)
That's what my uncle Punky would say after we finished a nice quality project  :) :)
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

SwampDonkey

Looks some nice.  8)  I know your booked up, but how far in advance do we need to book a room at the inn? ;)  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Roxie

That really is just beautiful!  Pat must love it. 
Say when

Magicman

Thanks all.  Pat deserves the credit because she is the designer/decorator/decision maker.  I can take credit for the beam and structural stuff, but the "look" belongs to her.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!