iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Onto a new kick.........sled design

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2011, 07:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

Downhill momentum will require a couple of foot draggers.
Got any lazy folks who need a ride around? :D

SwampDonkey

Yeah! :D The front ski is designed to take the weight so the front of the hind skis lift slightly for easier turning. Weight on the front could be the ticket because standing on the rear does create a little lift toward the front. I'll have to get a good slope and steer by foot, no breaks, just free fall. :D :D

Oh, got the teflon this year for $12 bucks. I gave the guy $20 though, keep the change. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

Youngsters don't require no brakes cause dey ain't scared. ;D
Just please remember the helmet cam so they rest of us can enjoy the ride.

SwampDonkey

Painted the sled up over the weekend with Tremclad water based. Used the air compressor and paint gun, easy cleanup between coats. Two coats of white under coat and a couple ice blue top coats. Should last for 20 years or more. I have great luck with Tremclad, it's good paint.

I solved the steering issue by installing a wooden runner over the teflon on the front ski. It's a temporary fix as I know it won't hold up for very long. I'll replace it with a piece of steel from someone's scrap pile. ;) Only need a foot long piece.

You can see there is hardly anything for snow around here and no base to it. Just look around the barn area. Should change by mid week with a mix of snow and sleet. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Lots of snow here Donk , you just bring that thing over, I'll harness up the mare for ya. Give me a day notice so I can go out and rent me a cam  ;D :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Mooseherder

Donk, Nice color.  My sister used to have mittens in that shade. ;D

Burlkraft

Nice job Donk  8)  8)  8)

It's good to get one a them projects out .

I still have a couple cluttering up my shop
Why not just 1 pain free day?

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Burlkraft on January 17, 2011, 07:55:11 PM
It's good to get one a them projects out .

I still have a couple cluttering up my shop

Yup, my cherry cabinet awaits as well. ;)

Hopefully enough wood and time for a second cabinet I talked about last year. Come H$%$ or high water. ;)

Norm

That turned out nice SD. If Marcel can't part with one of his hayburners Patty would just love to loan out the fat horse. ;D

Burlkraft

Quote from: Norm on January 18, 2011, 07:36:55 AM
That turned out nice SD. If Marcel can't part with one of his hayburners Patty would just love to loan out the fat horse. ;D

He's gonna need a bigger sled
Why not just 1 pain free day?

SwampDonkey

Hey now, the horse pulls, the man rides. :D ;)

isawlogs

Take a number Norm , I get firsts goes at takin da pics of the Donk going down da road. ;D laugh_at
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 17, 2011, 09:51:12 AM
I'll replace it with a piece of steel from someone's scrap pile. 

Looks like a good place for an old leaf spring.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don_Papenburg

Stack up about three to five layers of that plastic about the width of your wood keel , making them narrower as you build the stack .  that will give you bite and slick sliding
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

SwampDonkey

I've got some PVC here, I'll try stacking some strips, or use the wood piece for backing. It's already got a curved edge to it. Don't have any teflon left. Thanks for the insight Don.

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

SwampDonkey

This year I'm going light weight. :D

Hand made in Finland. ;D

Old Greenhorn

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

thecfarm

50 years ago I would of jumped on that!!!!  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

They have a non profit groomed trail network near here for skiers, but I've got all kinds of semi groomed trail on the road into the woodlot. Heck, most winter days the main road is kick sled'able. :D

Thank You Sponsors!